Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Hadez was distributing hacks in #ff.pickup (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=20145)

squeek. 07-20-2009 05:07 AM

Hadez was distributing hacks in #ff.pickup

Or trying to.

A while ago, someone named "BossStatus" and "bossstatus2" joined #ff.pickup and PMed this to everyone in the channel:

Quote:

[23:52] <BossStatus> Ever wanted to try fortress-forever but don't have time to learn the game? http://www.filedropper.com/***nottherealurl***
[23:52] <BossStatus> a simple way to success
Then, Stiffy showed me this:

http://www.ffpickup.com/temp/hadezdistributes.jpg

And then I checked my logs to see if the date/time matched up. And it did:

Code:

Session Start: Fri Jun 12 23:52:02 2009
Session Ident: BossStatus
[23:52] Session Ident: BossStatus (GameSurge, squeek) (~BossStatu@BossStatus.user.gamesurge)
[23:52] <BossStatus> Ever wanted to try fortress-forever but don't have time to learn the game? http://www.filedropper.com/***nottherealurl***
[23:52] <BossStatus> a simple way to success
01[23:52] <12squeek> OH REALLY?
01[23:52] <12squeek> I AM INTRIGUED
Session Time: Sat Jun 13 00:00:00 2009
Session Close: Sat Jun 13 13:01:34 2009

With timezone differences:

Hadez PM'ed Stiffy on Steam at 2:36am EST June 13th
BossStatus pmed everyone in #ff.pickup at 2:52am EST June 13th

Great job Hadez. Really worth it.

His Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:520114

Ricey 07-20-2009 05:10 AM

Lawl, what a tool.

GeoKill-----> 07-20-2009 05:22 AM

Well I am glad this was handle this quick

Also please you guys do not turns this into a flame fest. Pretty sure this thread is here to inform you not to bash and assumed things that might not be true. So I'm letting Ricey slide but I wont with other ones. Thank You

Skanky Butterpuss 07-20-2009 05:25 AM

classy...

PartialSchism 07-20-2009 05:50 AM

lol Hadez :lol:

Elmo 07-20-2009 06:07 AM

wp :/

Lateralols` 07-20-2009 08:05 AM

fellas

gator

banned cheaters

shocker.

infraction to me for saying this

etc, etc.

but, who the fuck is taking the time to code a cheat for ff?

lordpain 07-20-2009 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lateralols` (Post 444095)
fellas

Prolly some loser who can't win or lacks skill to learn....

Just keep posting Steam ID's who cheat so we can update banlists :)

Elmo 07-20-2009 09:30 AM

I'd like to point out that there's no proof of him USING the hack.. just distributing it.

But yeah, I still don't get why HedeZ?

thiz 07-20-2009 10:21 AM

Anyone got that link? I can't be arsed learning the game.

Well done hadez, your plan was almost flawless, unfortunately you were up against squeek, who is as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University, but has moved on, and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning.

Ricey 07-20-2009 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thiz (Post 444107)
Anyone got that link? I can't be arsed learning the game.

Well done hadez, your plan was almost flawless, unfortunately you were up against squeek, who is as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University, but has moved on, and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning.

You sir ... are not Cunning. God, if I see the word Cunning more one time I'll personally kill you thiz.

*Kills Thiz*

Gator- 07-20-2009 12:36 PM

Doesn't prove shit. Anyone can go out there and frame a player. Why someone would, I don't know, but this doesn't prove anything. Match concrete evidence such as an ip or you have no case.

Hadez is clean as it stands.

edit:
So yea, lets go ahead and ban a player from the pickup channel with possibly one of the worst submitted evidence yet. At least to me, this is how it works to get someone banned..

Get on steam, change your nickname, pm a friend, talk about cheats, get on IRC with a masked ip, distribute some hacks, match the time zones and date, take a screenshot and there you go, win.

So, watch out guys! You might be the next one banned :lol: :lol:

I think instead of banning him with this kind of ridiculous evidence, you should be banning those using the cheat. Get something else besides a shitty steam chat screenshot, get him to admit it or match concrete evidence. There's really not much you can do to prove anything in this scenario.

Hadez will continue playing in leagues and whatnot if he decides to.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lateralols` (Post 444099)

If I'm not mistaken, its a wireframe cheat. Those who tried it or still use it can correct me on that since I'm not exactly sure. Pretty sure it works for any source mod, it's not exactly a FF hack.

MonoXideAtWork 07-20-2009 01:25 PM

The evidence itself does not prove anything.

What motive does Hadez have to "destroy" the community?

What motive would Stiffy have to frame Hadez?

Rutabeggar 07-20-2009 02:42 PM

Can anyone prove that he didn't use the hack? It's one word against the other. It's like saying the guy who sells crack hasn't actually used it, but he is just as guilty for creating other users/addicts. The real question will be if admins really want this kind of trash floating around a small community as it is? If you're honestly trying to build a community, then having it infested with hackers and or accused distributors of said hacks can't be the foundation you build on. Good luck admins, the choice is yours.

ju- 07-20-2009 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rutabeggar (Post 444145)
Can anyone prove that he didn't use the hack? It's one word against the other.

The onus is on the people accusing him of hacking to prove it.

Scuzzy 07-20-2009 04:25 PM

Any IP information in the logs on BossStatus?

guy 07-20-2009 04:26 PM

Hes done nothing wrong i spose. Can we afford to ban people these days? \o/

Ricey 07-20-2009 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by guy (Post 444175)
Hes done nothing wrong i spose. Can we afford to ban people these days? \o/

Yes.

And lets say in theory he did give this hack out, so now this puts you in the spot of saying , "Oh this is perfectly fine."

I'm sure Gamesurge(I wish this was rizon, I'd sign on and have the IP in a PM in seconds) wouldn't have a problem to get you the IP and either would valve. May take a while, but it would show who is lying and who is not.

Rutabeggar 07-20-2009 04:43 PM

So the general consensus would be that it's "OK" for this kind of garbage to float around the community? I suppose Hadez won't have to destroy FF himself if people won't grow a pair and ban shit like this. Use or not, the intent and probable cause is there. Why make excuses for people like this?

Gr3mLin 07-20-2009 05:35 PM

Thats a real shame, Hadez was one of the best nailgun dmers i've ever seen (lol)