Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Other Games (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Half-Life 3 (probably just episode 3) story "leaked" (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=25355)

trepid_jon 08-25-2017 07:13 PM

Half-Life 3 (probably just episode 3) story "leaked"

A post about it at techraptor.

Apparently former Valve dev/writer Marc Laidlaw made a blog post with a coded synopsis of Gordon Freeman's final Half-Life story:
http://www.marclaidlaw.com/epistle-3/
(*archive)

Seems like it would have been a fun game with some trippy timeloop action, maybe the player finally seeing Gordon himself...probably still not talking, although it'd be interesting to have some kind of narration toward the end that turned out to be Gordon in a semi-twist to wrap things up. I dunno, haha. I like the description of stepping onto the ship at a calmer harmonized point along an interdimensional string portal thing. I get the feeling there were going to be Portal-like portals with "entry and exit" points then variations of that tech leading up to this "self-contained" thing and the "elastic band" mentioned with the harmonized stuff.

Also G-man = grey man, not government man. Suddenly so obvious. I guess if you go deep enough into grey men theories they're probably government men too. Or something, whatever hah.

Maybe people should band together and make a fanmade mod or something using Laidlaw's story as a guide....

JackBauer 08-28-2017 10:36 AM

the Story sounds interesting and anarctica is one of the most mysterious places on earth. unfortunately it's not a common setting for Videogames at all, so I would have loved it.

HL3 might be buried forever.

Innoc 09-06-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackBauer (Post 511726)
the Story sounds interesting and anarctica is one of the most mysterious places on earth. unfortunately it's not a common setting for Videogames at all, so I would have loved it.

HL3 might be buried forever.

Why do you say that. Did Valve shutter further HL development?

Iggy 09-08-2017 01:19 PM

They may as well have. HL3 just isn't a priority, anymore.

Speaking of games... when was the last game Valve released? That THEY developed, that is.

JackBauer 09-10-2017 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Innoc (Post 511732)
Why do you say that. Did Valve shutter further HL development?

not officially. however valve haven't made anything in years and due the success of steam they don't financially rely on ever making a new HL title.

rumours and ex-employees say they had worked on several different prototypes, yet nothing concrete.

the fact most of the team members of the HL or HL2-development team have left valve and it's been so long since valve released Episode 2 leads me to the conclusion, that they just don't bother making HL3.

Innoc 09-19-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackBauer (Post 511734)
not officially. however valve haven't made anything in years and due the success of steam they don't financially rely on ever making a new HL title.

rumours and ex-employees say they had worked on several different prototypes, yet nothing concrete.

the fact most of the team members of the HL or HL2-development team have left valve and it's been so long since valve released Episode 2 leads me to the conclusion, that they just don't bother making HL3.

After Imposted my prior question I did go looking for something on this idea. That's too bad. I sure enjoyed the stories.

Dexter 09-24-2017 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy (Post 511733)
They may as well have. HL3 just isn't a priority, anymore.

Speaking of games... when was the last game Valve released? That THEY developed, that is.

portal 2? l4d2? too old to remember? valve invented a money printer so RIP eh

i mean heck, the only thing i cared about is source sdk and they couldnt even figure out how to correctly put it on git without 100k diff line endings

GaryBase 12-02-2019 10:08 PM

Well, as of today, no Half-Life 3, but there is that VR game though.