Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   UGC 4v4 Fall League (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=24258)

hadez 09-14-2013 09:47 PM

UGC 4v4 Fall League

Signs up are open for the ugc fall league. The league will be starting the first week in October. The map line-up has been released and is as follows:

Week:
  1. ff_tidalwave_b4
  2. ff_fiddlestix
  3. ff_phantom_r
  4. ff_roasted
  5. ff_propinquity_b4
  6. ff_swoop_b2
  7. ff_schtop(Playoffs)
  8. TBA(Playoffs Final)

This is a short but competitive season! All teams currently signed up for the fall league are pending. We hope to get some fun competitive match ups this season and for teams to play ALL of thier matches(forfeiting a match during this fall season will result in suspension and/or termination.)

More information including information about pre-season matchups coming soon. Please refer to the UGC 4v4 Fortress Forever Home for more information on sign-ups and news updates.

homie in reboks' 09-15-2013 05:05 PM

Drop swoop and schtop. Add some combination of mortality, nyx, sahara, chimkeyz, or ameliorate.

hadez 09-15-2013 06:00 PM

Maps are all subject to change and could change with more suggestions like yours homie. ALTHOUGH, youd have better chance changing a map if you were a team leader or your team leader put in the suggestion for a different map. This goes for all teams and team leaders. Like i said we are working on cutting some of the inactive teams from the list, just trying to get in contact with everyone. Once we know a little better how many teams are going to be playing actively this season we can get a better idea on which maps will be final. Nothing is final until the default start date which is currently 10/3, Thursday but also subject to change here. I noticed that you already voted, so thank you homie.

Out of all those maps the one most likely to change is swoop. personally, i like swoop, but i dont choose the maps, you guys do! Is there any map in speicific you would like to see swoop replaced with homie?

KubeDawg 09-15-2013 06:05 PM

Add dropdown to the maplist. Plz do not add nyx. Prop and phantom are both good choices.

FDA_Approved 09-15-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homie in reboks' (Post 501425)
Drop swoop and schtop. Add some combination of mortality, nyx, sahara, chimkeyz, or ameliorate.

Drop swoop, or preferably roasted, keeps schtop, don't add ANY of those maps. And plz no dropdown.

FDA_Approved 09-15-2013 07:54 PM

Catharsis is a good map. stow_b2, destroy, resolve, schrape are some maps I'd rather play than roasted.

homie in reboks' 09-15-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDA_Approved (Post 501430)
DM maps in FF are stupid

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDA_Approved (Post 501430)
Catharsis is a good map. stow_b2, destroy, resolve, schrape are some maps I'd rather play than roasted.

FDA_Approved 09-15-2013 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by homie in reboks' (Post 501431)
*smart ass*

Quote:

rather play than roasted.
They still have better flow than roasted.

the_cake 09-15-2013 11:20 PM

I don't mind DM maps at all. Honestly the nades make it more fun than tfc. And keep swoop.

the_cake 09-16-2013 12:08 AM

I would also be satisfied with replacing something with ameliorate. I like to see maps with different playstyles, honestly the current lineup is decent.

ddm999 09-16-2013 04:00 PM

I think swoop should stay because it's a cool map, but I won't be playing, so I can't say that for everyone.

I'd put a map similar to schtop earlier in, because it's a regularly played map and so it's less map knowledge and more skill, which would be good to see early on.

ofc, schtop was in the last season, so no real point it being there again.

Prop, phantom, fiddle, and tidal are all good maps.

I'd get rid of roasted because it's about the same level of least playedness as tidal, but with less cool stuff in.

I'd put medieval in as TBA, replace schtop and roasted with aardvark, bases, ofire, or sd2.

I'd try:

1) phantom - played lots, kinda newish
2) swoop - good skillplay, newish
3) ??? - played lots, and less skillplay than others
4) fiddle - good skillplay, newish
5) tidal - good skillplay, newish
6) ??? - played lots, less skillplay than others
7) prop - ok skillplay, kinda newish
8 ) TBA - hopefully one with good skillplay, and slightly easy to block flag, but good skillplay to and from the flag allowing for really cool stuff to be pulled off with skill.

By skillplay, I mean conc routes, trimps, rampslides, all that stuff.

There should be a combination of maps with skillplay and maps without, so that it isn't just the best team at concing. It's cool how newer maps tend to be more skillplay based, but it shouldn't just be those maps.

And newer maps mixed with older ones that are played lots.

Of course, a) I'm a noob and b) I won't be playing in it, just watching, so it's not really my decision to make.

PS: damn you 8 ) why you have to make 8)

Dr. eXpl0si0n 09-16-2013 06:37 PM

sanctic_r please

KubeDawg 09-16-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDA_Approved (Post 501429)
Drop swoop, or preferably roasted, keeps schtop, don't add ANY of those maps. And plz no dropdown.

why no dropdown? I remember the first FF league it was a big hit that surprised a lot of people. I'd argue it's one of the best maps to play in a 4v setting.

Dr. explosion, what's sanctic_r and where can I dl it?

the_cake 09-19-2013 09:32 PM

zutalors just so my clan can win one mostly due to lack of rage.

aleXtric 09-20-2013 12:00 AM

Week:
ff_tidalwave_b4
ff_fiddlestix
ff_phantom_r
ff_roasted
ff_propinquity_b4
ff_schtop
ff_destroy(Playoffs)
2 maps, each team picks one. (Playoffs Final)

heres my suggestion. in red is where I made changes.

FDA_Approved 09-20-2013 01:02 AM

ff_tidalwave_b4
ff_fiddlestix
ff_phantom_r
ff_resolve_b2
ff_propinquity_b4
ff_catharsis_b4
ff_schtop(Playoffs)
ff_destroy(Playoffs Final)

alternatively

1. ff_sobad_a1
2. ff_sewers_b1
3. ff_spiderx_rctf_b2
4. ff_bleepbloop_b3
5. ff_komodo_a1
6. ff_verdun_xmas
7. ff_draino_b3(Playoffs)
8. ff_2morforever(Playoffs Final)

homie in reboks' 09-20-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FDA_Approved (Post 501485)
1. ff_sobad_a1
2. ff_sewers_b1
3. ff_spiderx_rctf_b2
4. ff_bleepbloop_b3
5. ff_komodo_a1
6. ff_verdun_xmas
7. ff_draino_b3(Playoffs)
8. ff_2morforever(Playoffs Final)

this is the best plan for the bolded reasons

ddm999 09-26-2013 02:35 PM

at first i thought that was pure bs from fda cause it said ff_sobad in it.

but bleepbloops in it, so hmm

ff_sobad_a2*

Quote:

Last edited by ddm999; 04-07-2013 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Updated to a2.
also holy shit i just read this
Quote:

It contains is ff_sobad_a2.bsp and ff_sobad_a2.lua.
it contains is?

the fuck kind of drugs must i have been englishing

FDA_Approved 09-26-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ddm999 (Post 501573)
at first i thought that was pure bs

u rite

Oreoman 09-27-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. eXpl0si0n (Post 501436)
sanctic_r please

1. Let's make babies
2. yes yes yes