Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Other Games (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   What other MP games do you actively play? (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=23304)

CaptainAhab 03-20-2012 03:45 AM

What other MP games do you actively play?
 
Well this game has basically trumped all other multiplayer shooters, in my mind. ;) Stopped playing about a dozen other games almost immediately after discovering FF. :|

Granted, I still play RuneScape, Day of Defeat Source, Xonotic, and will be starting up some classic Doom in the somewhat near future. I'm always on the lookout for awesome indie titles with relatively low spec requirements, regardless.

How about you? What other MP games do you currently play?

KubeDawg 03-20-2012 06:41 AM

I play AoE Online, MW3(for ps3), FF and soon-to-be CS:GO. I also play Runescape(name: HerbloreGod), but not so much anymore because I felt like it ate up way too much of my time.

WiFiDi 03-20-2012 08:31 AM

i don't think you want a list of what i play about 20 or so game on and off.

so here we go (for easy understanding ill even break it up into categories.)

FPS
Fortress Forever (not as much as one would like.)
L4D series (1&2)
BF3 (not much recently.)
COD5 (nazi zombies exclusively.)
Portal series working on beating both of em (the cake is a lie.)

RTS games
Company of heroes series (as well as about 4 of its mods.)
men of war series (men of war and men of war assault squad)
Total War: Series (at 20 gigs per game i have like 4 of them.)
Civ 4/5 (play it with friends.)
AoE III (bread and butter play it on and off for fun.)
Starcraft II (great game don't play it that often not that good at it.)

also i played runescape for years you know when it was 2d however during middle school or right about the end it became and slow decline of me going fishing at karjamara. make alot of money for a non member as i never bothered paying. if i remember correctly Hacker 4 was my username.

edit: added a few games that i play.

Elmo 03-20-2012 02:15 PM

I don't actively play anything except FF.

I did play BF2 and a little bit of crysis 2 a while back but times have changed. I loaded up Crysis 2 recently to try out the DX11 stuff in single player.

Funny how I just don't have time for more than one game these days.

CaptainAhab 03-20-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmo (Post 492274)
I don't actively play anything except FF.

I did play BF2 and a little bit of crysis 2 a while back but times have changed. I loaded up Crysis 2 recently to try out the DX11 stuff in single player.

Funny how I just don't have time for more than one game these days.

At least you're only playing the best. :D

NeonLight 03-20-2012 05:07 PM

FPS:

FF
Tribes: Ascend
Battlefield 3
CS:GO

Other:

Dota 2
Aion

Nothing special :s

oaties 03-20-2012 10:37 PM

Fortress Forever and Team Fortress Classic... Some Enemy Territory Fortress occasionally.

What can I say? I just love fortress :)

CaptainAhab 03-21-2012 02:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaties (Post 492290)
Fortress Forever and Team Fortress Classic... Some Enemy Territory Fortress occasionally.

What can I say? I just love fortress :)

The team-based competitive shooter subgenre.

CaptainAhab 03-21-2012 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeoNL (Post 492282)
Dota 2

Nothing special :s

Trust me that is special. LoL overthrow? I THINK SO! :-P

CaptainAhab 03-21-2012 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KubeDawg (Post 492267)
I play AoE Online, MW3(for ps3), FF and soon-to-be CS:GO. I also play Runescape(name: HerbloreGod), but not so much anymore because I felt like it ate up way too much of my time.

Ah, herblore and farming. The best skills by far. :D

CaptainAhab 03-21-2012 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiFiDi (Post 492268)
Company of heroes series (as well as about 4 of its mods.)

also i played runescape for years you know when it was 2d however during middle school or right about the end it became and slow decline of me going fishing at karjamara. make alot of money for a non member as i never bothered paying.

if i remember correctly Hacker 4 was my username

I've heard so many good things about CoH, I should really give it a shot one of these days.

Ah yes, I remember the days of harpoon fishing at Karamja for hours. Now there's some random buffoon on the other side of the island who will turn all your fish into bank notes. Kind of lame. :-P

AfterShock 03-21-2012 12:20 PM

Heroes of Newerth
World of Warcraft arena (yes I feel guilty about this and yes will probably quit again soon)

Potentially diablo 3 when it comes out

eomoyaff 03-21-2012 01:18 PM

Fortress Forever

Brink

Borderlands GOTY

AoE III

Killing Floor (recently uninstalled for other things)

DCUO (Because I'm a nerd and the PVP is amazing)


Ya, pretty much what I got going on right now. Waiting for new things to come out.

WiFiDi 03-21-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainAhab (Post 492311)
I've heard so many good things about CoH, I should really give it a shot one of these days.

Ah yes, I remember the days of harpoon fishing at Karamja for hours. Now there's some random buffoon on the other side of the island who will turn all your fish into bank notes. Kind of lame. :-P

you can double quote you know.

also i'm strictly a non member so i don't even think i can get to the other side of the island. :( havn't played in like 4 or 5 years now.

then theres coh i highly recommend it next time steam puts it on sale (as 50 bucks is well expensive for all 3. (still wroth but still who has money to burn like that.) but i highly recommend it to any rts fan. great game great attention to detail very unique. still has a good commuinity (alot of people play it.) also has a large collection of mods.

CaptainAhab 03-21-2012 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterShock (Post 492312)
Heroes of Newerth
World of Warcraft arena (yes I feel guilty about this and yes will probably quit again soon)

I used to play HoN, but the community and EA drove me away. :( It's a neat game though, and really starting to grow.

Nothing wrong with playing the most popular P2P MMO on the market today. I played for a number of years. Affliction Warlocks ftw.

CaptainAhab 03-21-2012 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eomoyaff (Post 492313)
AoE III

Wow, people still play AoE III? :shock: Awesome RTS, but I preferred AoE II.

CaptainAhab 03-21-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WiFiDi (Post 492316)
you can double quote you know.

also i'm strictly a non member so i don't even think i can get to the other side of the island. :( havn't played in like 4 or 5 years now.

then theres coh i highly recommend it next time steam puts it on sale (as 50 bucks is well expensive for all 3. (still wroth but still who has money to burn like that.) but i highly recommend it to any rts fan. great game great attention to detail very unique. still has a good commuinity (alot of people play it.) also has a large collection of mods.

When I figure out how to multi-quote I will use that feature. I see the button, but I'm still lost. lol

Oh yeah, the Karamja man is a somewhat recent addition, though who knows. I just came back recently from a relatively long hiatus.

eomoyaff 03-22-2012 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainAhab (Post 492318)
Wow, people still play AoE III? :shock: Awesome RTS, but I preferred AoE II.

But them Japs in the expansion for AoE III.... I love them bitches :mrgreen:

AfterShock 03-24-2012 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainAhab (Post 492317)
I used to play HoN, but the community and EA drove me away. :( It's a neat game though, and really starting to grow.

I've found 2 things about HoN:

Winning is much MUCH more fun than losing (like, losing is actively painful, e.g. you know you've lost after 5 minutes but your team won't concede for 30 minutes)
You can create unlimited accounts which start at a low matchmaking rating.

So now, I never lose. I guess i'm lame, but until they reduce the utter torture of playing until the bitter end, and let me concede when all 4 of my teammates leave or go AFK, that's how I'll play.

Also when my friends are on, we'll play until we're about to win, then concede. Broken design much? Yep.


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:35 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.