Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So, I was at the bar last night (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=8997)

puppychow 04-23-2007 07:02 AM

So, I was at the bar last night

...watching my beloved wings finally dispatch the dirty calgary flames, and inbetween periods had a little experiment.

I'm addicted to texting via phone - 'tis how all my homies and the ladies communicate. But when out i also surf some sites on my phone from my web enabled phone..

So, in RL, tried bringing up ff.com from my phone and it doesnt work. Maybe its just verizon (my carrier and their clunky software) but i couldnt get past the first page. So, Friend Bunny, you have thusly been called out. I need my ff.com fix more than my herion and from all corners of the globe.

Skanky Butterpuss 04-23-2007 07:16 AM

fuck yes wings!

puppychow 04-23-2007 07:20 AM

watch sb? i want their golie tho. dude is a stud. pistons, wings, tigers, and awesome lakes and greenery is the only thing going for our state.

DocWolfe 04-23-2007 08:28 AM

you can get phones with full HTML browsers now, the new nokia n95 and the sony-ericson ones have them, it's usually the ones with 3G. But America seems to be in the dark ages when it comes to mobile phones tbh.

WAP which is what you're trying to use to browse the site only uses a subset of HTML thats pretty simple, so it wouldn't support the large amount of CSS the FF site uses.

Skanky Butterpuss 04-23-2007 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by puppychow
watch sb? i want their golie tho. dude is a stud. pistons, wings, tigers, and awesome lakes and greenery is the only thing going for our state.

i wish i could watch, but i dont have any fucking cable :(

puppychow 04-23-2007 08:37 AM

oh thats right, not 21 yet. bummer! trick out some chick checking ids at the door and watch ur team.

nodnarb 04-23-2007 10:06 PM

did you type in ff.com, or fortress-forever.com / tfc2.com?

Dospac 04-24-2007 12:25 AM

Works on my sk3! :D

Paft 04-24-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

So, in RL

Where else do you go?

GhOsT 04-24-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

...watching my beloved wings finally dispatch the dirty calgary flames, and inbetween periods had a little experiment.

I'm addicted to texting via phone - 'tis how all my homies and the ladies communicate. But when out i also surf some sites on my phone from my web enabled phone..

So, in RL, tried bringing up ff.com from my phone and it doesnt work. Maybe its just verizon (my carrier and their clunky software) but i couldnt get past the first page. So, Friend Bunny, you have thusly been called out. I need my ff.com fix more than my herion and from all corners of the globe.

If you are just using a WAP based browser it won't work. If you can download java programs onto your phone there are some java based full html browsers out there.

Either that or get a phone that doesn't suck ;)

Formaldehyde 04-24-2007 04:15 PM

My definition of a PHONE that doesn't suck: it allows me to make and receive calls. The cheaper the better.

GhOsT 04-24-2007 04:28 PM

You also aren't trying to browse the FF forums on the go either.

puppychow 04-24-2007 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paft
Where else do you go?

sometimes in ur moms dirty pussy. just to piss tho.

Circuitous 04-24-2007 04:35 PM

I can get FF on my PSP. :D

'Course I never use it for browsing. Too much Guilty Gear to be played.

puppychow 04-24-2007 04:36 PM

i have yet to get a hand held b/c i know ill always play it. form of self preservation i guess. if i WAS to get one, which is the best? i'm really behind the times on those devices.

Circuitous 04-24-2007 04:41 PM

Uhhhhhh... depends.

For games, shit, probably the DS. Got some fun-ass games. Ask Innoc.

For okay games (and some really awesome ones) + music/movies/interweb, probably the PSP.

Need to see if Symphony of the Night is available for download yet...

Edit: Nevermind. Awesome.

puppychow 04-24-2007 04:42 PM

is there a next gen on the horizon?

Nezumi 04-25-2007 01:59 PM

Built in WiFi on the DS means you can browse the interweb from hotspots. You need an SD card with a browser on it though (although you can load that SD card with anything else you want, including emulators 'n shit like that).

...plus it has awesome games. :-P

mervaka 04-30-2007 10:32 AM

OR you can just buy a PDA and do ALL of the above, plus use skype or SIP VoIP in hotspots. oh and satnav too if you have tomtom

Dospac 04-30-2007 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mervaka
OR you can just buy a PDA and do ALL of the above, plus use skype or SIP VoIP in hotspots. oh and satnav too if you have tomtom

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nezumi
...plus it has awesome games. :-P