Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Server/Player Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   disturbing trend...now banned from "East Coast FF"...? (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=19345)

spambot2.1 03-30-2009 11:27 PM

disturbing trend...now banned from "East Coast FF"...?

Connecting to 69.12.108.79:27015...
Connected to 69.12.108.79:27015
Disconnect: STEAM UserID STEAM_0:1:23820801 is banned.
Disconnect: STEAM UserID STEAM_0:1:23820801 is banned.

making flag runs over and over again...flag movement...bam banned. no warning. no nothing...

what is up with the server admins in this game? am i missing something?

Bridget 03-31-2009 12:03 AM

Oh.. I don't know.. maybe it's your name?

exosexattack 03-31-2009 12:37 AM

lol thats redic

zSilver_Fox 03-31-2009 02:20 AM

Have you tried contacting the admins/clans/server owners who banned you? Maybe that'd be a good first step.

spambot2.1 03-31-2009 02:56 AM

I do not have any contact info. for "East Coast FF" server.

battery 04-11-2009 05:08 AM

It is common courtesy to ask for admin's permission before touching flag.

Too.Stoned 04-13-2009 09:14 AM

I know what he means...

theres alot of admin abuse outside in pub ff

Mooga 04-17-2009 08:51 PM

There is general admin abuse everywhere. I think CS is the worse because you can get banned for not being a pro...

Sebhael 04-17-2009 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooga (Post 435648)
There is general admin abuse everywhere. I think CS is the worse because you can get banned for not being a pro...

Or being pro. It doesn't even matter in CS.

Rawh 04-18-2009 03:13 PM

Nubstrike needs moar playahs!!11!11one!1

Bosley 05-02-2009 10:05 PM

yes, i banned you. sorry it took me so long to reply to this, i don't check these forums all that often (our servers have our own forums) and i've never posted here before.

1) i only banned you for 3 hours

2) we were doing ovd for a little fun and you would not stop. you were told in chat AND over mic, sorry if you didn't notice but you WERE warned.

come back to our server any time, but it's a little silly to post here about "no warning, no nothing..."

Scuzzy 05-05-2009 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bosley (Post 437066)
yes, i banned you. sorry it took me so long to reply to this, i don't check these forums all that often (our servers have our own forums) and i've never posted here before.

1) i only banned you for 3 hours

2) we were doing ovd for a little fun and you would not stop. you were told in chat AND over mic, sorry if you didn't notice but you WERE warned.

come back to our server any time, but it's a little silly to post here about "no warning, no nothing..."

I realize this is terribly off topic, but every time I see your name in the forums I think "hair restoration."

Scuzzy

grinningmongoose 05-05-2009 08:36 PM

i was just banned from East FF as well... probably a temp ban, apparently its spawn spamming if you send mirvs near the spawn door when people are trying to run back for health.

FF Well, there is two exits, 2 spawns... if one exit is getting hit hard, use the other.

To eliminate spawn spam, why not always create two exits per spawn on each map. I mean shit, if someone has the flag and is running past the spawn door, anyone with intelligence is going to lob some grenades near the spawn door.

I don't see the problem with spawn spamming, It's never bothered me, sometimes babies die being born, right? LOLOL

Bosley 05-05-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scuzzy (Post 437319)
I realize this is terribly off topic, but every time I see your name in the forums I think "hair restoration."

Scuzzy

I get that a lot lol. It's actually a charlie's angels reference though.

edit: for future reference, if you feel that you were banned unfairly appeals will only be considered if they are posted on the ec forums. also keep in mind that only the admin that banned you may unban you. exceptions to either policy are very rare.

Rawh 05-06-2009 10:18 AM

Seems a lot of servers dislike spawncampers / spammers :)

Bosley 05-08-2009 10:45 AM

For good reason too. When you're playing in a pub the whole 'deal with it noob' mentality doesn't really apply. Even when it does, it's only insofar as that server's admins allow it. The goal is fun, and there's nothing fun about getting wrecked on a map because you can't get out of spawn. But either way, the rules are not up for debate.

VentuSag3 06-03-2009 09:23 PM

Problem is, spawnkilling is easy to deal with if you have any sort of skill. Yes, it's cheap to spawnkill, but all you have to do to get out of it is spawn as a heavy or demoman and toss MIRV's outside. Banning spawnkillers is panhandling to noobs.

I'm also against banning for offensive language. If a person is spamming cuswords, then sure ban them. But if someone just utters the word "shit" maybe once every ten minutes - who really cares? This game is mostly being played by hardcore gamers, not soccer moms.

Normally I would have no problem with Nazi admins, because it is their server after all. Problem is, FF is a game where there is normally only one or two populated servers at any given time. Banning players from a dying game should be a last resort.

Elmo 06-04-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VentuSag3 (Post 440044)
Problem is, spawnkilling is easy to deal with if you have any sort of skill. Yes, it's cheap to spawnkill, but all you have to do to get out of it is spawn as a heavy or demoman and toss MIRV's outside. Banning spawnkillers is panhandling to noobs.

I'm also against banning for offensive language. If a person is spamming cuswords, then sure ban them. But if someone just utters the word "shit" maybe once every ten minutes - who really cares? This game is mostly being played by hardcore gamers, not soccer moms.

Normally I would have no problem with Nazi admins, because it is their server after all. Problem is, FF is a game where there is normally only one or two populated servers at any given time. Banning players from a dying game should be a last resort.

I have to say I agree with you.

However there was a bunch of 11yo on our match server yesterday (made me feel old).. but still language, they know it all already.

VentuSag3 06-05-2009 09:08 AM

Anybody who is 11 years old shouldn't be playing a M rated game. That being said, if parent's don't care to actually raise their kids then it's no surprise that they would know all the swear words already.

[AE] 82694 06-05-2009 12:17 PM

Ya and we aren't going through all this shit again. If people don't like somebodies rules go play else where they aren't alone.