Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   A Publicity Rant With Results! (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=4736)

o_sensai 05-03-2006 05:39 AM

I'd probably say the IC in his hands right now is just a placeholder...

o_rebo 05-03-2006 08:15 AM

None of that stuff is ready to be released, especially the demoman and medic , neither of those skins are final in anyway.

o_legacy 05-03-2006 08:39 AM

It's all good rebo, just this way we know how much work you've been putting in :)

o_toffee 05-03-2006 08:55 AM

yeah, I think it comes without saying that a lot of this stuff may be unfinished. The forumers just value seeing anything, finished or not ! Its all good publicity getting more people loitering on these forums looking for more unfinished stuff like this too

o_don 05-03-2006 09:08 AM

Another fantastic result from the devs. Beautiful work in progress.
For the pyro - I like the helmet, and I'm sure it will grow on other people.

o_mescalito 05-03-2006 09:56 AM

damn sensai! you can change the your title to "Official FF bitch!" now:o

me likes! xcept minor stuff like pyro's boots or medics eyes being lil bit to close, soldier's lack of tan or whatever :D but yeah, work in progress so it's to early to comment. good stuff.

as for the pyro, the mask KICKS ARSE! imo. the helmet is looking good too, if you compare the TFC (old model) pyro to this one. the thing is, it makes him look like a fireman. like, someone who gets in after the fire was set and not someone who sets the fire. maybe that's why Etzell misses the trench coat and the spikes from the concept art.. but meh, looks bad ass still.

p.s
add some beef to the demo. couse ya know, all those explosives he's carrying are heavy and shit:rolleyes: the face and the beanie looks awesome.

o_frenchtoast 05-03-2006 11:25 AM

...What's an IC....

o_etzell 05-03-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mescalito
as for the pyro, the mask KICKS ARSE! imo. the helmet is looking good too, if you compare the TFC (old model) pyro to this one. the thing is, it makes him look like a fireman. like, someone who gets in after the fire was set and not someone who sets the fire. maybe that's why Etzell misses the trench coat and the spikes from the concept art.. but meh, looks bad ass still.

I don't miss the spikes, I just don't like the fire helmet. I mean, when I think of pyro, I don't think of someone who's putting fires out, I start thinking of "Firestarter" by Prodigy.

Also, trench coats are just inherently cool.

o_ghost 05-03-2006 11:55 AM

Incendiary Cannon, aka the "rocket" launcher the pyro has.

o_ohcanep 05-03-2006 12:09 PM

Haha, pyro indeed looks like a fireman. I think his boots need to look... more fire resistant? ;) It'd have been great to see the original model with open hair and coat in action though.

Soldier is lookin' great, but you're right about medic, especially his suit. :p

o_frenchtoast 05-03-2006 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Etzell
Also, trench coats are just inherently cool.

qft. They kick ass. The pyro should kinda look like a psychotic arsenist. That would bepretty awesome....

o_mescalito 05-03-2006 01:02 PM

Yup. Pyro's are deranged maniacs. But then, if you give them the ability to put out fire (like napalms and shit) then you can keep the helmet :p Cuz then he's a multy-dude.

Also can you make the flags respond to wind/movement?

o_frenchtoast 05-03-2006 01:18 PM

They already waver in the original, don't they?

o_mescalito 05-03-2006 01:29 PM

Yeah they do. Forget about that. Sodier's shoes pwnz donkeys!

o_kam 05-03-2006 02:00 PM

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

rpg/ic look HUGE though D:!!

o_valk 05-03-2006 02:01 PM

^^^^

o_smax 05-03-2006 02:21 PM

Quote:

p.s
add some beef to the demo. couse ya know, all those explosives he's carrying are heavy and shit:rolleyes: the face and the beanie looks awesome.

BLEH!! Naw keep that skinny dong skinny! He's faster than the solly so you gotta leave him skinny gahdamnit...that was one thing i was wondering from the concept art: how buff the demo was going to turn out. I like it the way it is now...just my 2 cents.

SKINNY DONG POWER

o_sensai 05-03-2006 02:47 PM

Quote:

Yup. Pyro's are deranged maniacs. But then, if you give them the ability to put out fire (like napalms and shit) then you can keep the helmet :p Cuz then he's a multy-dude.

Also can you make the flags respond to wind/movement?

See, firefighter gone pyro is the most craziest son of a bitch ever. The thing is, no one ever expects a firefighter to turn bad!

o_afx 05-03-2006 04:16 PM

Pyro looks great, love the helmet!
I dont mind the size of the weapons either, Whilst theyre definitely larger than we're used to in tfc i still think they look good.

o_ghost 05-03-2006 04:41 PM

It'll make it easier to spot the classes at a distance.