Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Tech (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Google Chrome: The new browser (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=17102)

squeek. 09-05-2008 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Circuitous
Stuff I'm missing:

- middle-click opens link in new tab
- doesn't seem to understand the purpose behind vB's "last post" links

Both still work for me.

And, if you middle-click a Javascript-only link, it doesn't open a stupid about:blank page and just does the JS function, which is nice.

SmellyCat 09-05-2008 07:53 PM

hahaha, I just got a nice lol reading the incognito mode blurb/text/whatever.

Going incognito doesn't affect the behaviour of other people, servers or software. Be wary of:
  • Websites that collect or share information about you
  • Internet service providers or employers that track the pages that you visit
  • Malicious software that tracks your keystrokes in exchange for free smileys
  • Surveillance by secret agents
  • People standing behind you

KubeDawg 09-05-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Stuff I'm missing:

- middle-click autoscrolls
- scrolling sometimes freezes animated GIFs
- ... that's about it.

INORITE!

scrolling sometimes freezes videos as well.

Nuk3m 09-05-2008 10:48 PM

I like Google chrome, its fucking fast.

Innoc 09-05-2008 10:49 PM

Quote:

Stuff I'm missing:

- ... that's about it.

Circ,

have you tried resetting the settings in chrome with about:crash ?

Demasu 09-06-2008 01:30 AM

Quote:

Stuff I'm missing:

- ... that's about it.

Middle click still opens a new tab for me, and the last post thing works most of the time, however I think it likes to freak out and not work right for me if the last unread post is a new page. I didn't notice the freezing with you avatar, but it might do it. I would love for the autoscroll thing to come back though. I miss it.

Sh4x 09-06-2008 01:34 AM

The biggest problem I have so far is when I type text in textboxes, part of the text disappears. It still there but the view is all fucked up.

squeek. 09-06-2008 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sh4x
The biggest problem I have so far is when I type text in textboxes, part of the text disappears. It still there but the view is all fucked up.

Yep. Been getting that a lot.

Nuk3m 09-06-2008 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squeek.
Yep. Been getting that a lot.

yeah same here, there is also no mouse 3 scroller thing. the mouse wheel works but u cant click and drag.I like it, its got a very good chance of overtaking ie and firefox

Sh4x 09-06-2008 03:03 PM

The most annoying stuff like this will probably get fixed pretty fast I'm thinking.

Circuitous 09-06-2008 07:14 PM

I'd expect so. I'll stick with Firefox until then.

I'll take a look at that page though Innoc.

Also, middle-click to open in a new tab is working now... need to find out where it wasn't working so I can try it again.

Also, last post still just takes me to the first post made in the thread today, not the real latest post.

Adamido 09-06-2008 07:42 PM

I'm going to stick with this browser. It's damn fast,I can have it opened and play games without any lag at the same time. Cool.
Too bad that, as other ppl mentioned, mouse 3 scroll doesnt works and it fails at importing things from Firefox.

Ricey 09-06-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nuk3m
yeah same here, there is also no mouse 3 scroller thing. the mouse wheel works but u cant click and drag.I like it, its got a very good chance of overtaking ie and firefox

It has no chance of taking over Firefox, why? Linux, and MAC. They'll mainly focus on PC, since thats where most problems happens. Google can suck my left nut, and enjoy it!

Making me have to design for another browser... ugh.

Nuk3m 09-06-2008 08:37 PM

Firefox for whatever reason takes up 30 - 50% resources, idk why but its a fatass. Chrome is taking 0% resources.

Crazycarl 09-06-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricey
It has no chance of taking over Firefox, why? Linux, and MAC. They'll mainly focus on PC, since thats where most problems happens. Google can suck my left nut, and enjoy it!

Making me have to design for another browser... ugh.

They've said linux and mac versions are coming soon. You don't know that those versions will be worse.

And why would you design for specific browsers? This is not 1998. Just stick to the standards and let the browser designers bring their products up to spec.

Innoc 09-06-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazycarl
They've said linux and mac versions are coming soon. You don't know that those versions will be worse.

And why would you design for specific browsers? This is not 1998. Just stick to the standards and let the browser designers bring their products up to spec.

I'm seeing some pages displayed oddly in Chrome that appear fine in Firefox. Only thing I can think of is either a plugin that FF has that Chrome lacks or some deviation in the coding that may not be entirely standards based.

Demasu 09-06-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adamido
I'm going to stick with this browser. It's damn fast,I can have it opened and play games without any lag at the same time. Cool.
Too bad that, as other ppl mentioned, mouse 3 scroll doesnt works and it fails at importing things from Firefox.

Read my posts in this thread. Then you can import from Firefox.

Damascus 09-06-2008 11:26 PM

I swear, Incognito mode is MEANT for watching pr0n.

Demasu 09-07-2008 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Damascus
I swear, Incognito mode is MEANT for watching pr0n.

Really? We never would've guessed without your very helpful insight.

Ricey 09-07-2008 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazycarl

IE7.0 still fucks up,as does Safari, and as does Chrome.
Also, there are some companies who want apps to work just in IE,; I know of a Photobooth that uses IE as an image selector and editor.