Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Beta Testing. (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=9951)

Malice 07-20-2007 07:51 PM

filled out the app, hope I get lucky :D

puppychow 07-20-2007 08:05 PM

i sent my app in with love.

and anthrax.

i shall cry if i don't get in after being here for over 2 years. but then i'll have a coke and a smile and shall carry on.

Mooga 07-20-2007 08:07 PM

I sent in an ap. too.
See you on the flip side!

nodnarb 07-20-2007 08:11 PM

I sent in an applic... oh wait :lol:
[/ass]

Suite307 07-20-2007 08:33 PM

If i ever get accepted, i will slay you Brandon, oh yes... i will...

lucid 07-20-2007 08:34 PM

Nice. What a suprize.

skuLL 07-20-2007 08:51 PM

I'm going out of my city next week, hope that when I get back they'll have already anwsered.

Iggy 07-20-2007 08:56 PM

Anyone remember the fake "Beta testing" joke on April Fools a while back(Not this year, at least one back.)

Who else fell for it? (Be honest!)

Edit: No, this one isn't a joke...it's real this time.

skuLL 07-20-2007 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iggy
Anyone remember the fake "Beta testing" joke on April Fools a while back(Not this year, at least one back.)

I wasn't around ):
Anyways, I fucking hope I get in ;x
I doubt there's anyone out there with more free time than I do! :E

Deadly Furby 07-20-2007 09:46 PM

NOW THE BAD NEWS.................................

A $10 registration fee will be incurred upon admittance. If any of you want to go ahead and get that part taken care of, you can send it direct to me and I'll make sure that your name will be moved up in the ranks. Obviously, those who mistakenly send more than $10 will be moved further up the list. The more you send, the higher up the list you go.

Yours Truly,
DF

P.S. When sending funds, make sure you note Cell Block 17 on the envelope. They locked me up under some trumped up charges dealing with fraud or something. Still don't understand why they did that.

Beetle 07-20-2007 09:51 PM

Quote:

well considering its no where near april.

Jredge 07-20-2007 10:03 PM

Sent mine in, can only hope now :)

magzy 07-20-2007 10:04 PM

Could we please have some idea of when we will find out if we made it into beta? Just makes it alot easier and more relaxed. Also stops people posting the
"just got my beta key, really excited! hope you guys got urs too" making about 50 people freak out because they didnt get theres. I was going to do that, but decided against it.
Also, Im starting to wish I sold myself a bit better, and included more arsekissing and bribery in my application. Can I re-do it? :)

Mooga 07-20-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

I've been around for well over 2 years. I remember that very well ;)

Unknownfigure 07-20-2007 10:18 PM

Jesus christ, now I'm fucking paranoid. Everything I know about emails suddenly vanished, replacing itself with bitter paranoia just whispering into my ear. I sent the message from Hotmail - > FortressForeverbeta@gmail.com, and now I seem to think it didn't go through >.> Too paranoid man, I need to mellow out. I really hope I get in. Really. Really.

I'm gonna go smoke a bowl. My damn heartrate is already fast. It's been fast since I saw the application on the front page. Jesus christ. Oh geez. Oh yeah, where's my bong...

Abjure 07-20-2007 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unknownfigure
Jesus christ, now I'm fucking paranoid. Everything I know about emails suddenly vanished, replacing itself with bitter paranoia just whispering into my ear. I sent the message from Hotmail - > FortressForeverbeta@gmail.com, and now I seem to think it didn't go through >.> Too paranoid man, I need to mellow out. I really hope I get in. Really. Really.

I'm gonna go smoke a bowl. My damn heartrate is already fast. It's been fast since I saw the application on the front page. Jesus christ. Oh geez. Oh yeah, where's my bong...

You sure that stuff isn't meth-laced? :shock: :rolleyes:

nodnarb 07-20-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suite307
If i ever get accepted, i will slay you Brandon, oh yes... i will...

:D

SizeableSSonic 07-20-2007 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooga
I've been around for well over 2 years. I remember that very well ;)

Unknownfigure 07-20-2007 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abjure
You sure that stuff isn't meth-laced? :shock: :rolleyes:

No, but it's some dank stuff. I grew it at my friends ranch <.<

puppychow 07-20-2007 10:34 PM

I wonder what exactly the hazing is for new beta testers...i heard it was pretty rough. i didnt get details though.

Circuitous 07-20-2007 10:38 PM

You hafta deal with me on Vent for thirty minutes.

gizmofo 07-20-2007 10:46 PM

I had never used a spell checker on emails till the time I sent in that application..
How many words did you guys end up using? I think I wrote about 220ish

I just got a new email.. and went frantic- Thought they had sent a message back.. turns out it was just an advertisement for penis enlargement.. =\

Abjure 07-20-2007 11:23 PM

I wrote like 250 exactly that or a little lower I can't remember. Anyways, it was all heartfealt and true, so I hope I'm chosen!

Iggy 07-20-2007 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Circuitous

Do you have one of those "Gilbert Godfried" voices? You know...the kind that makes you want to rip out your ear drums with a spork?

If not...I do. :-P

Circuitous 07-20-2007 11:38 PM

It's not so much my voice as it is my inability to shut the fuck up.

Forum regulars find themselves unsurprised.

Jetpac 07-20-2007 11:40 PM

Quote:

Aye, that we do :P
dunno if i could take 5 mins let alone 30 :P

Iggy 07-20-2007 11:56 PM

Quote:

That's funny....they tell me the same thing on Drippys. lolololol

Toughsox 07-20-2007 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadly Furby
A $10 registration fee will be incurred upon admittance. If any of you want to go ahead and get that part taken care of, you can send it direct to me and I'll make sure that your name will be moved up in the ranks. Obviously, those who mistakenly send more than $10 will be moved further up the list. The more you send, the higher up the list you go.
Yours Truly,
DF

'How about this......if I DON'T get accepted, all 6 of my kids come to visit you for the rest of the summer. And, if you're thinking "cheap labor"....try thinking "OMG, 6 teenagers will eat me out of house and home and send my bills soaring through the roof, not to mention they don't do a damn thing around here to help!" :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

On a side note, good luck everyone, and thanks to the dev team for opening it up to a few lucky ones. :)

Suite307 07-21-2007 12:21 AM

If i get accepted in the beta test, my life is complete. Screw kids, women. I'll kill myself when the game is complete.

skuLL 07-21-2007 12:33 AM

Quote:

That's pretty acceptable.

Stone420 07-21-2007 12:42 AM

WHOOHOOO

I just finaly re-registerd as soon as I seen there looking for Beta testers.
Ive been watching this site for a long time waiting , . . . . .

PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME

:) :lol:

Etzell 07-21-2007 12:48 AM

Quote:

Unsurprised and heavily amused.

skuLL 07-21-2007 01:03 AM

One thing is for sure, if we don't get beta tester access at least we got a much more active forum..
I mean, how many people registered today? -_-

SizeableSSonic 07-21-2007 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skuLL
One thing is for sure, if we don't get beta tester access at least we got a much more active forum..
I mean, how many people registered today? -_-

Somewhere around 4000, I think.

Jetpac 07-21-2007 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SizeableSSonic
Somewhere around 4000, I think.

well there are 6,728 total :P i am interest in knowing the exact number TBH.

Mooga 07-21-2007 01:23 AM

I've been posting here for well over 2 years.
If I don't get accepted... I'll probably just end up wasting more time around here :-P

Lost 07-21-2007 01:37 AM

Don't fucking forget our FF channel on IRC

#fortressforever on Quakenet

skuLL 07-21-2007 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooga
I've been posting here for well over 2 years.
If I don't get accepted... I'll probably just end up wasting more time around here :-P

lol, pretty much what everyone will do.

QUESTION TO THE DEVS:
Will you guys send emails to the applications that do not get accepted, something like:
"We're sorry but you're not fit for beta testing, hope you still continue with us when the mod get's released." ?

Unknownfigure 07-21-2007 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skuLL
lol, pretty much what everyone will do.

QUESTION TO THE DEVS:
Will you guys send emails to the applications that do not get accepted, something like:
"We're sorry but you're not fit for beta testing, hope you still continue with us when the mod get's released." ?

They'll probably make an announcement here that the new beta people are in and if they didn't get an email they didn't get accepted.

Oggy 07-21-2007 01:59 AM

People actually wrote 250 words? :P

Would love to be a tester and have beta tested a few games before DAoC back in the day and atm Warhammer online would love to test this also but it's not the end of the world if you don't at the end of the day its gonna come out anyway but would be nice to be able to say you put some imput into it even if it will be in a small way.