Fortress Forever

Fortress Forever (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/index.php)
-   Tech (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Google Chrome: The new browser (https://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=17102)

[AE] 5316 *TKZ* 09-02-2008 07:51 PM

I'm digging it so far! I love how the homepage customizes itself to your most viewed pages.

I just came.

All they need to do now is work gmail into this thing some how, and we're good to go

Sh4x 09-02-2008 07:51 PM

This new browser kicks serious ass, just as expected. And it's gonna keep improving, this is only beta.

Google just ripped Microsoft a new one.

KubeDawg 09-02-2008 08:20 PM

Honestly, I'm not really into the entire design of it. I mean, aren't browsers already built around new and emerging online technologies? Isn't that the reason web browsers update, such as IE 8.0 or Firefox 3.0? If I wanted an app like that, I'd probably just go find a gmail texture for my current browser.

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ 09-02-2008 08:28 PM

I like it, except I can't seem to log into this place!

Credge 09-02-2008 09:06 PM

Google Chrome is out.

And I am typing this in it. IT HAS SOLVED ALL OF MY PROBLEMS AND IS WAY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER BROWSERS SUCH AS FIREFOX, SAFARI, OPERA, AND INTERNET EXPLORER. IT IS BEST IN WHOLE WORLD.

Yeah, I hopped right on that train.

http://www.google.com/chrome

Get it or feel inferior.

Cool, lets chat about tech things in chat instead of tech! IT WILL BE NEAT.

Fuck yeah I can resize these boxes to whatever size I want. Awesome.

Credge 09-02-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
I like it, except I can't seem to log into this place!

What?

My only beef with it so far is the lack of a right click refresh.

Paft 09-02-2008 09:22 PM

First. Just kidding. I might as well check it out.

Hmm

edit1:
Been using it for 10 secs. One pro I see it has it's light as a feather. Need at least a day on it.

edit2:
! at the box resizing. IE is already inferior to this.

KubeDawg 09-02-2008 09:24 PM

Mouse3 scroll doesn't work either.

FrenchToast 09-02-2008 09:45 PM

downloading now. Won't have a chance to play with it for awhile, but so far it sounds awesome.

I love Google.

SkullBash 09-02-2008 10:05 PM

Google is becoming the new microsoft, only they have a shitload more information. It's "Big Oil" for the internet these days.

squeek. 09-02-2008 10:22 PM

Is there seriously no RSS support?

Other than that I'm really liking it. Not as powerful as other browsers, but it's certainly faster.

Skanky Butterpuss 09-03-2008 01:32 AM

it is definitely faster than opera (ekim, any tips you can give me for getting opera to go quicker? just recently switched...), but i still like operas interface better. for someone that keeps his themes pretty dark (the bright colors piss off my eyes), this bright blue and robins egg whatever the fuck shit is just too much. its a nitpicky thing, but since i only use my browser for browsing, its something that can make or break a browser for me. its mainly the little things i dont like about it, no mouse3 scrolling, no magic wand, no mouse gestures, ugly theme, no content blocker (operas is the shit), etc. i dunno, it hasnt won me over yet.

Innoc 09-03-2008 01:52 AM

Chrome memory utilization is definitely much lower than FF. I love FF but it's definitely getting bigger as time goes on. I believe they've strayed from what they originally set out to do...

FrenchToast 09-03-2008 02:44 AM

I like it... I'd like to keep it. How do I make it my default browser? Every link I get opens in Firefox...

Innoc 09-03-2008 02:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrenchToast
I like it... I'd like to keep it. How do I make it my default browser? Every link I get opens in Firefox...

TOOLS, BASICS and then click the bottom button

FrenchToast 09-03-2008 02:56 AM

Cheers.

I really like that it makes the most of my widescreen setup. It doesn't faff about with needless things up top. For example I don't understand the need to have a bar that says "firefox" at the top. Instead the tabs are the first thing.... I dunno.... I'm quite enjoying this.

SmellyCat 09-03-2008 03:00 AM

Let's not forget there's a pr0n mode.

Downloading now, will give it a good seeing to tommorow.

Demasu 09-03-2008 03:08 AM

Has anyone figured out how to import my FF bookmarks? I'd use it more if I could do that.

FrenchToast 09-03-2008 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmellyCat
Let's not forget there's a pr0n mode.

That is 100% what Incognito mode is for. It's brilliant.

FrenchToast 09-03-2008 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Credge
Fuck yeah I can resize these boxes to whatever size I want. Awesome.

OH EM GEE

That sealed it. Awesome.