PDA

View Full Version : Flag text indicator does not update after capping until flag is available on AvD maps

KubeDawg
07-10-2011, 07:44 AM
avanti, ksour, etc...
When you capture a command point on an AvD map, it still shows text of you as having the flag, even though you aren't carrying it anymore(because you captured it, duh...).

This corrects itself when the flag becomes available.

AfterShock
07-10-2011, 12:53 PM
Just add a hud update call to the basecap ontrigger, carl?

Elmo
02-27-2012, 11:52 AM
I presume this was fixed since?

KubeDawg
02-28-2012, 05:53 AM
I think there are still some issues with it, but I can't be certain. I know that when a person caps on an AVD map sometimes, it shows that they still have the flag on the top of the hud, yet it also states that the flag will respawn in [x] seconds.

Also, that person goes behind a wall during the time between they capped and when the flag returns and you can see the flag carrier indicator so you know where the person who just capped is, although I don't know if that is intentional.

I believe ksour classic I saw these issues happen on not too long ago.

Elmo
02-28-2012, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the update. Squeek or Carl (lua men) any chance this is a quick fix you could do? Trying to get all lasting bugs stomped. We need to look like we pay attention to this thing :~D

squeek.
02-28-2012, 07:56 AM
I would bet it's specific to the map's Lua. Many ID/AvD maps overwrite the base functions (ksour_classic, specifically, overwrites base_id_cap:oncapture), so they might not receive some updates we make in the base Luas and therefore might have some bugs.

Need something more specific that can be reproduced in an official map.

EDIT: I know for a fact that it's specific to ksour_classic's Lua.

Elmo
02-28-2012, 08:13 AM
well so long as we have something that works in our official maps that's all that matters to me.

KubeDawg
02-29-2012, 04:40 AM
Also happens on avanti, so yeah looks like it might be lua specific.