PDA

View Full Version : ITV news vs. Brass Eye

o_billdoor
03-04-2005, 11:18 AM
1. Meaningless Statistics
ITV NEWS: "A quarter of all people in the UK have been victims of identity theft or know someone that has."
CM: "No one is safe. By the end of tomorrow, one or all of these people may have been set on fire, bum raped or burgled senseless by Brtain's maurauding criminals."

2. Hilarious Graphics
ITV NEWS: "The threat of terror is looming over parliament."
[cut to a graphic of the Houses of Pariliament and the word TERROR in 3D lettering moving forward from the sky behind]
CM: "What hope do we have of battering these down?"
http://www.fitzgibbon.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/be_whathope.jpg

3. Condescending Reporters
ITV NEWS: "Bono, Bill Gates and Tony Blair are meeting to discuss African poverty. Sounds unlikely? Listen, then!"
CM: "You haven't got a clue, have you? But you will do, if you watch for thirty minutes!"

Conclusive proof, I think, that Morris is pulling the strings at ITN!

Defrag
03-04-2005, 01:01 PM
Get Ted Maul on the case.

o_rebo
03-04-2005, 01:03 PM
ban cake

o_sev
03-04-2005, 02:24 PM
cake is a made up drug

o_ekim
03-04-2005, 05:07 PM
made from fictional chemicals

Defrag
03-05-2005, 03:27 AM
Paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than humans. There's no scientific basis for this, but it is a fact.

o_gritty
03-05-2005, 03:35 AM
Online paedophiles can actually make your keyboard release toxic vapours that actually make you more suggestible.

o_dirkpitt
03-05-2005, 06:05 AM
i'm confused

o_rebo
03-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Heheh DarkPitt, BrassEye was a very (in?)famous TV news spoof. It was a parody of all the sensationalist nonsense that often appears in the media nowadays and highlighted how gullable and paradoxicly cynical polititians and media types were.

In one famous episode, he convinced many in our parliment that there was a new drug called Cake and that it must be stopped at all cost. THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

It highlighted how out of touch polititians and the media are with the world and made the genius behind the show (Chris Morris) a subversists hero.

He is also much hated by some because he dared to take on some heavy weight subjects such as peadaphillia with irreverance. Tho often that hate stems from the complicit nature of sensationalism. I.e. if you are shownup to be responsive to sensationalism then you are part of the problem, and many in the UK took offence to that truth.

o_billdoor
03-05-2005, 11:17 AM
In June this year the same men isolated and blew up a fortnight.

o_dirkpitt
03-05-2005, 11:34 AM
Heheh DarkPitt,

bah why does no one ever get my name right. Thx though that clears it up a lot :p