PDA

View Full Version : texture question

o_nomak
03-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Is there a way to use Counter-Strike:Source textures from hammer and use them to make a Half-Life 2:Deathmatch map. I'd liked to use some Cs:s textures in my hl2:dm(and future FF) map Incursion. But i cant seem to find how. I went to TOOLS --> OPTIONS and made the map a counterstrike:source map but i dont want to take a risk at messing my map up. Can anyone help?

o_nomak
03-02-2005, 10:47 PM
i cant test my map through hammer when i click on RUN MAP i get this error

CModelLoader::Map_IsValid: No such map 'sdk_test'
map load failed: sdk_test not found or invalid
material "vgui/steam/games/icon_cs" not found
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_cs
material "vgui/steam/games/icon_hl2mp" not found
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_hl2mp
material "vgui/steam/games/icon_dod" not found
--- Missing Vgui material vgui/steam/games/icon_dod

can anyone help?

mirvin_monkey
03-03-2005, 12:23 AM
try typing

map mapname

where mapname is the name of your map, obviously

o_nomak
03-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Im in the middle of testing my sliding door for my map when all of a sudden... blah the cylinders turn rainbow colored :evil: . But the strange thing is that only the ones in the spawn room did and none others. heres an image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Mexiboy/incursion0003.jpg

o_sobe green
03-04-2005, 03:09 AM
That is very...interesting. What does it look like in Hammer?

o_nomak
03-04-2005, 04:01 AM
in hammer it looks normal. It just looks like a metal silver greyish cylinder but in the game its rainbow... :evil:

o_dirkpitt
03-04-2005, 07:25 AM
lol that looks pretty cool actually :p

o_dr zauis
03-04-2005, 07:28 AM
do you have them on a cubemap at all? or are they possibly func_detail?

o_nomak
03-04-2005, 01:11 PM
nope i havent applyed cube_map or func_detail to them. They just plane cylinders clipped in half. I also get this rainbow effect on some custom cs:s maps and on that new hl2dm map Steamlab but not only on little parts like decals and overlays. I find it strange because the rainbow effect only happend in that spawn room and no where else, because i also half cylinders in other parts too. Should I assign it to a cube_map or func_detail or should i try to switch texture to a different metal

PHISH
03-04-2005, 07:06 PM
Its the texture that is doing that. I forgot specifically what it was when I had this problem but look at the prefix on the texture name. I recall mine being a model_*** texture or something of that nature, so I basically had to switch to a diff texture to fix.

o_nomak
03-04-2005, 08:31 PM
I think it was a model texture. because for filter i typed in "pipes" and i found that so i put it on. Im not exactly sure what the name is but ill check it out when i get on hammer.

o_nomak
03-06-2005, 07:15 PM
i saw these lights in the map prodigy for counterstrike source. I went into hammer and searched for them but couldnt find them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Mexiboy/light1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Mexiboy/light2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Mexiboy/light3.jpg

Does anyone know how i can get to these light entities? Im using the hl2dm hammer map selection. Should i be using cs selection? btw when i use hl2dm hammer map selection and i get the entitie prop_static and click on world model and then i see a folder called light props but when i open it nothing shows up. its just empty. Can anyone help

o_rest in piss
03-06-2005, 08:23 PM
I think you need to have cs:s selected before you use the model viewer to see it. The lights in the second picture look the lights in the props/cs_office folder.

o_zorro
03-06-2005, 09:56 PM
arent thouse textures?

o_dr zauis
03-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Yes those are all in:

props/CSMAPNAME

Make them prop_static and some u can parent to a phys_ballsocket to have it swing, like the light_hanging.mdl in the props/de_prodigy map folder. The are not entities btw they are models.

o_nomak
03-06-2005, 11:50 PM
heres a problem i got with this. I went into hammer and convereted my hl2dm map to cs:s mapping and i was applying textures and then i went to the entities and chose Prop_static --->world model but i still saw the hl2 files (c17) (lab) (combine room) so clicked the arrow that sends you back one page and it just froze i got an error saying hwo hammer had to close for errors. Any help? BTW non of the lights are textures