PDA

View Full Version : mmm taste that? we call it success...

o_tamerlane
03-01-2005, 11:08 PM
i know you fortress forever guys arent php geniuses (as far as i know). anyway, by saturday ill have a demo webpage of a ladder system for what i was going to make cs:s exclusive but i cant find out how to export the results of a game to a webpage. if you can help me with this i will dedicate this site to fortress forever. i already have all the other necessary scripts to run the webpage. i am also planning on including prizes in the ladders, so this could turn out to be a popular site. the only thing i need now is a way to export the results of a match to the webpage, as since im offering prizes, people would lie or create fake teams to manipulate the current system of reporting the results. ( i also do not want to sit through a mtach to ensure the score is right, and im sure no one else would either)

well, its sumthin to think about. ill have to change my template to match fortress forever too, but i should get done soon.
zac

o_valk
03-01-2005, 11:12 PM
cool story
needed dragons

o_tamerlane
03-01-2005, 11:20 PM
really? you thought so? hmm well. add a dragon before the part where im being serious and some sweet guy comes on my thread and acts like a n00b.
we will call the dragon stanly.

o_valk
03-01-2005, 11:31 PM
and then

o_rebo
03-01-2005, 11:33 PM
You have two options really ( thinking about Halflife 1 here) the first is some kind of metamod thing that submits the results of games at the end of the round. The other is a log parsing program.

Check out HLStats or WinLogalyzer for ideas.

o_tamerlane
03-01-2005, 11:36 PM
i looked at hl stats and it will work perfectly. thanks for the suggestion.

and stanly breathed magical fire that cured everything in the world, excluding asians. and the french. the end.

o_dirkpitt
03-02-2005, 03:16 AM
valk half your posts just say and then lol

o_valk
03-02-2005, 08:37 AM
na bs

o_qbaler
03-02-2005, 02:49 PM
on a side note:
php rules the world!

php 100%!

o_qui
03-02-2005, 02:50 PM
i know you fortress forever guys arent php geniuses (as far as i know). anyway, by saturday ill have a demo webpage of a ladder system

Modern day genius if i ever saw one. And tbh, if you have a good grasp of something like c, java c++ (im sure one of these will be what you have to code the mod in) you can grasp the main concepts of php very quickly :roll:

o_zorro
03-02-2005, 05:12 PM
if you dont believe the people telling you the score, how bout asking for a screenshot? works now... or as a last result, a demo! which tfc leagues currently require players to record.