PDA

View Full Version : Some suggestions and questions about Pyro man.

o_thugenstein
01-30-2005, 02:00 AM
What's that thing on his shoulder that sticks out on the side? A leaf blower? :wink: I hope that that's his gun and it wont be on his shoulders like that all the time because it looks alittle strange. Also the cape, in my opinion I think it would be better off without the cape because I doubt this engine can do a physics cape. Just saying. :lol:

o_sobe green
01-30-2005, 02:22 AM
They've said it will move around as he does.

o_binarylife
01-30-2005, 02:47 AM
If you're referring to the new model and sketches, that's a trench coat not a cape. It's physics would be simaler, but slightly easier to render. ;-)

I'm sure it'll look great.

o_cruor
01-30-2005, 05:39 AM
What's that thing on his shoulder that sticks out on the side? A leaf blower? :wink: I hope that that's his gun and it wont be on his shoulders like that all the time because it looks alittle strange.

That is the unfinished end of the hose that leads to his flamethrower when he gets one of those :D .

o_bumblecrap
01-30-2005, 06:59 AM
Doesn't anyone else think it looks kind of... silly? I mean, who would wear something like a trench coat into battle (aside from someone in the Matrix, of course)? Unless the pyro is going to also be Batman, that trench coat isn't going to be very flame retardent.

o_anthraxium[wu]
01-30-2005, 07:40 AM
its a fire proof jacket which happens to be long and looks somewhat like a trenchcoat ...

obviously

o_warmage_magus
01-30-2005, 08:11 AM
I thought the pyro model was rather kickass, myself.

o_reverie
01-30-2005, 01:23 PM
I love the model, but I'm not feeling the coat. I'm positive that that feeling will subside once I see an animated & skinned model, but I'm not sure how the coat fits the Pyro just yet. I'll just have to see.

o_binarylife
01-30-2005, 05:27 PM
I did as well

For the record, the coats firemen where are of the same style and intent as trench coats. It's practicality isn't to look cool but to serve a purpose.
Firemen obviously wear such coats as to facilitate the protection of their entire body from bursting into flames (this, of course being a bad thing).

In 1800's and before people used such coats as their home. The size isn't meant for style but for portability, it was used as a blanket, a back back and other such things. In essence, it was the mobile home of the cowboy.

In other words, it not only looks cool, but it makes sence.