http://www.filefortress.eu/flow.html
Vimeo (http://www.vimeo.com/5557345)
Youtube

Caroline
07-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Wow, the best video presenting FF so far. Amazing job, well done! :shock:

Green Mushy
07-11-2009, 01:08 AM
In terms of trying to earn more players for FF, i think this is the single greatest contribution to the mod so far. If this doesnt bring people in, i dont know what will. Amazing job. I look forward to more of your work.

MightyLotu
07-11-2009, 01:22 AM
woah, that was pretty awesome! great job dude
now that's a vid that would get people into playing FF

Skanky Butterpuss
07-11-2009, 03:27 AM
holy shit, that was incredible. excellent work, ryu.

KubeDawg
07-11-2009, 06:43 AM
DL links don't work, or I'm not seeing them.

Nvm, Download button very difficult to see.

Dr.Satan
07-11-2009, 06:50 AM
DL links don't work, or I'm not seeing them.

Nvm, Download button very difficult to see.

lol I had the same problem

Bully
07-11-2009, 07:36 AM
Me votes for official FF movie :mrgreen:
There are so many talented video makers in our community. Life for FF can only get better :)

ryu this is the greatest vid i have seen to date, i'm sure it took a very long time and tons of Patience.

GG this needs youtube'ing !

fishBurger
07-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Very polished, nice video!

Mase
07-11-2009, 03:32 PM
Best FF movie ever, this will help the community grow alot !!

Great work Ryu ;)

Dr.Satan
07-11-2009, 03:32 PM
GG this needs youtube'ing !

I dl'd it last night, just need ryu's permission I can upload it to some more places for him

But I defnintely agree! Great vid, just need to upload some other places

BlisTer
07-11-2009, 04:24 PM
simply awesome

MonoXideAtWork
07-11-2009, 07:18 PM
10/10

The only thing I could ask for is player name in the bottom left, I found myself wondering who had those nasty rails.

ryu^
07-11-2009, 07:42 PM
thankyous for all the positive responses people. the main difficulties were the lack of activity during the months and therefore finding suitable footage, and of course the tedious demo watching. i tried my best to sync everything to the music as best as possible.

i have another project on the go at the moment, just so you knows.

MonoXideAtWork
the intention of the video was always promotional, and therefore didnt want any irrelevant death notifications.

but anyway for a little more detail (just so you know), 80% of the ingame footage was me (all medic, all engineer, most soldier, hwguy, 2f and monkey scout). most of the footage was from clan games, and a few pickups

and credit to others
demoman footage was glass
scout on siden was mikael
scout on destroy, spy, last 3 soldier clips were zelenjava
and the class intro stuff was mainly infy

EquilibriuM
07-11-2009, 07:56 PM
I can't DL it and the streaming sucks for me keeps pausing, can we plz get a new dl link? i saw a few sec of this and already i was excited to watch this, but the stream keeps pausing on me, and i got mad and stopped it.

Lateralols`
07-11-2009, 08:19 PM
well done.

hlstriker
07-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Amazing video, this needs to be on some streaming websites for FF promotion :D

Edit:
Btw that rocket effect is so fucking hot!!

Iggy
07-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I can't DL it and the streaming sucks for me keeps pausing, can we plz get a new dl link? i saw a few sec of this and already i was excited to watch this, but the stream keeps pausing on me, and i got mad and stopped it.

I can't find the DL link on it either... it just keeps taking me to the same page. I try to "save target as" and it wants to save it as an HTML....

EquilibriuM
07-11-2009, 09:00 PM
hlstriker found it somewhere on ryu site dunno where but here it is: http://www.filefortress.eu/images/media/fortress-forever_640h.avi

hlstriker
07-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Learn to read sideways!

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/4426/60652948.jpg

EquilibriuM
07-11-2009, 09:04 PM
ROFL i swear i clicked that but nothing happend. Anyways hes right downlaod writen sideways FTW. LOL
But anyways, ryu that video was amazing, keep up the fantastic work.
I vote this to be official fortress forever promo vid. this almost made me want to play FF. :D

KubeDawg
07-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Awesome video. Best effects I've seen so far! Fantastic job!

Although I couldn't watch the streaming video because the play/pause buttons were hard to find and there was no full screen option. I took the liberty of uploading it to vimeo for you. Let me know if you did not want this and I'll take it down.

http://www.vimeo.com/5557345

Btw, the rocket going through each map was awesome. I hope you decide to make more videos in the future. Maybe something on each specific class that gets more in depth of the class doing what they do best, you know, kinda like the Meet the XxXXX videos TF2 came out with.

Dr.Satan
07-12-2009, 02:37 AM
I took the liberty of uploading it to vimeo for you. Let me know if you did not want this and I'll take it down.

link?

Bridget
07-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I want to play some FF now. I guess the video did what it was intended to do.

Hammock
07-12-2009, 03:36 PM
I love this video, zE posted a link to it in irc a while back and I got it downloaded then, but then I tried to show a friend this video, and I never saved the link, so I was sifting through FF's forums in hopes of finding it, at the same time thinking "Man I don't recall ever seeing this video posted on the FF forums before, I woulda remembered such an amazing video.

Then I thought... man this video had soo much time and effort put into it, I betcha I'll get a lead in the credits.

And low and behold, the link to the site was in the credits! That's how amazing this video is, attention to detail even down to the credits! :)

I too, stumbled over the download button for about a minute too lol

Bully
07-12-2009, 04:55 PM
I've "you tubed" it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAsxa0VqrF0

Ryu if you want it removed let me know.

GeoKill----->
07-12-2009, 05:37 PM
I say we move ryu to beta status now! Hell Even PR status

Hammock
07-12-2009, 06:44 PM
I've "you tubed" it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAsxa0VqrF0

Ryu if you want it removed let me know.

Wow the movie even looks sweet on youtube, and that site usually makes videos look crappy. But it's crystal clear

ryu^
07-12-2009, 07:26 PM
of course i dont mind, the more accessible the video the better, afterall thats what it was made for. so thanks kubedawg and bully much appreciated.

KubeDawg
07-13-2009, 12:05 AM
np mang.

PartialSchism
07-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Great movie.

Iggy
07-13-2009, 09:04 PM
I say we move ryu to beta status now! Hell Even PR status

I'm DLing it now, and the reviews are accurate, I agree with the red bastard. :mrgreen:

The only thing is, I'm not sure I'd call the Sniper a Defensive class.... they are more of a "support" class.

Great job with the video!

Mikael_hs
07-13-2009, 09:20 PM
great job ryu; Loved every nanosecond.

zE
07-14-2009, 07:27 AM
best indie ff movie around : D ggz
imo u should put that vid into youtube or somewhere where it have a lot of visibility ; )

lordpain
07-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Amazing movie :)

It's covers the true meaning & experience of FF :D

RnZ
07-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Very cool video, gave me goose bumbs :mrgreen:

Dr.Satan
07-14-2009, 04:40 PM
best indie ff movie around : D ggz
imo u should put that vid into youtube or somewhere where it have a lot of visibility ; )

it's been put up on vimeo and youtube, but just wasn't in the op.

I went ahead and updated the post with the other links.

ryu^
07-14-2009, 07:13 PM
i think zE was stoned or didnt bother to read like 3 posts up ;)

anybody think it would be worth uploading it to the following website?

http://www.sourceradio.com

Bully
07-14-2009, 07:31 PM
I would, get it anywhere and everywhere. More the better imo.

trepid_jon
07-14-2009, 10:08 PM
That video is really great. Need more like it.

Rutabeggar
07-15-2009, 12:41 AM
Wow ryu, congrats on the best FF video to date, there simply isn't comparison. I loved every minute of it. If there was any way to get this video out to gaming websites so people can see how awesome FF is. This video should be released along with the next patch or whenever the game gets put on Steam. Perfect for promotion usage. I liked even more that there were no death notifications, no names given, nothing. Just action. The action everyone needs to see.

Elmo
07-15-2009, 05:24 AM
Wow ryu- you managed to get the first few FF-positive words from Rutabeggar we've had in a while ;)

You know what i think of the video man :) it sucks sooooo much. JOKING ZOMG Haha - yeah I agree with what Ruta said...

elwood
07-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Well done indeed, ryu. A movie such as this will most likely grab more attention to the community! Thank you for the much hard work you put into this. You can really see every last bit of effort with an end product such as this :)

thiz
07-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Excellent work ryu! Hope this brings a few punters in.

Paft
07-20-2009, 01:16 AM
Flipping heck! That is a good watch. Impressive, very impressive. Loved every second.

Well done.

Dospac
07-21-2009, 05:23 AM
The 720p version on youtube looks a lot better than the vimeo link. Get Greasemonkey and the Youtube HD Ultimate greasemonkey script. Turn off the crappy scale to fit window default setting in that script though, its crap!

Good times, awesome vid!

Elmo
07-21-2009, 06:40 AM
:o I thought you were like... really dead....

Sh4x
07-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Congrats Ryu. This is by far the best video ever done for FF. I am amazed. That's the kind of promotional material we should have had when the game launched. You managed to make it very clear what was happening, no confusion whatsoever, all in a very beautiful way. You are talented my friend. Thank you very much for your work, it was inspiring to watch. Got some other material like this somewhere? Doesn't have to be about FF or games... I'd just like to see more of your work.

Dospac
07-22-2009, 01:29 AM
He made another vid showcasing his morning routine before he heads out for work. It was equally well done..

Rutabeggar
07-22-2009, 02:16 AM
Any way we could get this thrown up on the front page so that there is at least recent news on the front page and not something from April?

Anshinritsumai
07-22-2009, 03:10 AM
I agree with Rutabeggar about front page news.

This also needs to be submitted to GameTrailers.com for some more publicity, if possible.

be_
07-22-2009, 06:32 PM
Excellent. The video quality looks so badass. I'd like to see more like this :)

Elmo
07-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Hijack: be as in B as in Hauntz? nahhh

Bully
07-22-2009, 10:56 PM
http://www.elgms.com/2009/07/18/the-fortress-forever-movie/

http://forums.thecatacombs.net/showthread.php?p=1744910

:mrgreen:

reaper18
07-27-2009, 12:23 PM
defiantly 10/10

Starting up FF now haha

killu
07-28-2009, 07:33 AM
Absolutely amazing video.

Shame FF wasn't more popular if this quality of a video was made for that shit game TF2 it would probably have 12 million views and 300K comments. Although any gamer after watching that would surely want to give FF a shot.

Awesome job.

rezz0r
07-28-2009, 07:55 AM
Awesome video 5/5. I and probably all Fortress fans want more videos like this one!

Mase
08-31-2009, 04:08 PM
Ryu, you busy with other projects ? Im looking forward to see more

ryu^
09-04-2009, 07:52 PM
yo mase, ive been working on 2 ctf maps, that are almost finished, but i have a few ideas for some new videos. needed (and still need) time to build up more worthy footage to use! you have disappeared so i guess your new movie u proposed isnt going to happen ;p

Mase
09-06-2009, 08:23 AM
It will hapen, but only when I have spare time, atm im graduating and working. I had a lot of exams I needed to redo.. And then my gf, I think thats so classic ;) I will come back, dont know when :D gg

poem ZX
09-15-2009, 03:56 AM
fucken owange

Mikael_hs
09-15-2009, 07:14 AM
This seriously need a better quality youtube stream; I would spam swedish gameforums with it, but the quality just doesnt do the vid justice atm...

Dospac
09-16-2009, 02:47 AM
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

+

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/31864

=

Problem solved. :)

SSCUJO
09-16-2009, 06:19 PM
it would also be nice to have this video play when the game starts, an intro vid. just to add that professional touch to the game.

EquilibriuM
09-17-2009, 12:13 AM
OMFG Dospac is alive.

Peketrack
09-17-2009, 02:57 PM
Very great and nice video ryu good work, I think you was doing it a long time ago, i think may months of work.... Good Work a congratulations :D

Paft
09-19-2009, 05:52 PM
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/748

+

http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/31864

=

Problem solved. :)

Yeah, also it plays back in better quality if you set the option in your profile...

and/or put &fmt=22 at end of url

DarkeN_HellspawN
09-20-2009, 02:32 AM
but it didnt make me hard or anything like that. Could have used some Yellow Brotherhood logos or at least a fukin mention of us.

dh

doroid
09-25-2009, 11:50 PM
WOW.

I think that just about covers it. This video forced me to download Fortress Forever and try it out, and it delivered.

The thing that really did it for me, was the music choice. Two Steps from Hell - Dragon Rider was so fitting. I was literally at the edge of my seat thinking "Oh my god, I HAVE to try this game.."

Way to go ryu^ =)

Hawk Eye
09-26-2009, 04:23 AM
WOW.

I think that just about covers it. This video forced me to download Fortress Forever and try it out, and it delivered.

The thing that really did it for me, was the music choice. Two Steps from Hell - Dragon Rider was so fitting. I was literally at the edge of my seat thinking "Oh my god, I HAVE to try this game.."

Way to go ryu^ =)

Out of curiosity, what is your gaming background?

detroitmatt
10-02-2009, 01:14 AM
Guess I'm the only one who didn't like it. Always good to see some new publicity for FF. However: There's no point releasing videos if not to attract new players, which I feel the video rather comes up short at.

DISCLAIMER FOR THE FOLLOWING: The statements below do not nessisarily reflect MY views, but are what people who are new to the game see when they watch this video.

A new generation of gamig
Created entirely to recreate an OLD generation of gaming.

MEDIC
Ignore the name. This guy couldn't heal if he WANTED to.

FEATURING MULTIPLAYER FILLED WITH BUNNYHOPPERS YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO HIT, NEWBIE! (A game THIS fast paced won't attract a lot of people; they'll give up.)

WATCH IN AWE OF OUR AMAZING BALANCE
as a single player runs circles around an entire team

Fast paced first person action!
So fast you will never be able to play at par

HEY LOOK WE HAVE MAPS IN THIS GAME

AWESOME TRICK SHOTS
Better break up with your girlfriend and stick a minifridge next to your desk, it'll be a LONG TIME till you have reflexes THIS good.

Pyro flames on
Check it out! We have GUNS that shoot SKULLS that light people on FIRE

MORE TRICK SHOTS (Railgun)
This will not happen for you.

Once again, these are not MY opinions. This is what the people this video is meant to attract see when they watch this, and I don't think it's a very effective ad. (Nothing personal of course, ryu.)

squeek.
10-02-2009, 04:06 AM
It's a fair criticism, but it is hard to create a video that both:

Represents the game realistically (in terms of what the game's "ideal" or "intended" gameplay is)
- and -
Attracts people unfamiliar with the type of game we are creating

What I can say, though, is that any people that ARE attracted by this video will likely enjoy the game, and I think that is something worthwhile.

Paft
10-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Hehe that was funny, detroitmatt.

What Squeek. said.

Whilst what you said will be true to the "casual plays 50 other games type" person. I am sure it looks appealing to the types like us, looking for something a little less bland and something more challenging/rewarding with character.

Why hide what the game is? They're going to see it for what it is when they play anyway.

Hammock
10-02-2009, 09:16 PM
@detroitmatt's opinion

I just had to laugh, you state those are not your opinions but those are exactly what you listed. Your opinion on the video. Your opinion on how other people will respond to the video.

Your opinion may be right for some people, but your opinion is also wrong for others.

So don't hide behind the illusion that you're speaking for 100% of the beginners and just state that "This is my opinion on how some people will react to the video"

Nobody can fault you for your own opinion, but it's laughable when you try and come across as speaking for everyone else.

rezz0r
12-08-2009, 10:01 AM
I just realized youtube blocked this video in Germany because of copyright infringement whatever.

Seriously... da fuck?

What's wrong with youtube? da fuck...

Iggy
12-08-2009, 09:20 PM
They are on a tear.... try finding any music videos from any band owned by Warner.

Grandrobotmaster
12-25-2009, 10:42 PM
amazing vid for an amazing game. i was wondering where was the music from in ur vid, or wheter you made it yourself. if it is possible could you put a dl link please? The music was very fitting for teh gameplay, by the way. Thanks

Elmo
12-25-2009, 11:06 PM
usually music used is listed in the credits.. I'll be surprised if not.

Grandrobotmaster
12-26-2009, 06:55 PM
just checked...its not, im afraid. I was really a fan of the second song and the end credits.

Elmo
12-26-2009, 07:53 PM
hmm. okay - sorry to have lead you to look and it not be there! I'm sure ryu should be along to let you know what songs they are.

ryu^
12-26-2009, 09:20 PM
1st. Orange Planet
2nd. Two Steps From Hell - Dragon Rider
3rd. Two Steps From Hell - Love & loss
Credits. Goodbye Master from Infernal Affairs OST

Grandrobotmaster
12-26-2009, 10:07 PM
thanks! these really fit well in the game! This made my day!

be_
04-03-2010, 12:08 AM
::bump::

This is a great, great vid. Only complaint is there was not anything to show for the pyro, and sniper was a quick snippet at the end. Everything was very good though, the quality, action, music, and words. This is "Official" worthy IMO.

Peon
05-01-2010, 02:36 PM
This is a great, great vid. Only complaint is there was not anything to show for the pyro,
I feel bad I never commented on this vid, but yes.....it's a true work of awesomeness. And, I also wish there was a lot more Pyro footage.....and by a lot more I would mean 20-30 sec, 'cause he ain't in there for dick. I understand the Pyro is in some kind of offensive/defensive/anyfensive limbo when it comes to his purpose in the game, but for sure he's a shitload of fun to play.
and sniper was a quick snippet at the end.
I understand this one too, seeing as the sniper's role is so simple and straight forward, but about 10-20 more seconds of him gibbing the crap out of other classes would be highly entertaining.
Everything was very good though, the quality, action, music, and words. This is "Official" worthy IMO.
I've shown it to a lot of my friends and others, but I'm not sure how they felt about it. I'd say it ranged from "WOW! That looks fun!" to "Jesus Christ! I think I'm going to be sick!"

This MOD needs a reality show I think. GREAT VIDEO!!!:mrgreen:

moosh
05-01-2010, 05:49 PM
I don't like the music in this video. Too soft and boring. Needs something that would hit the viewer more.

DarkieJ
05-01-2010, 11:09 PM
ryu^, Cant you make another movie? You can promote FF very good this way:) I liked it very mutch i have seen it many times :D

ryu^
05-09-2010, 09:01 AM
^_^

one of the things i actually thought i got right was the music considering the number of requests i had for the song names.

Peon
05-15-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't like the music in this video. Too soft and boring. Needs something that would hit the viewer more.
Translation mode: The music needs to be more brainless and simple for the younger crowd, who spend all their money on video games, movies, and mp3 downloads. Please use any music with rap in it, epileptic techno, cheese metal, or death metal in the future.

My opinion: I wouldn't pay too much attention to this sentiment. :mrgreen:

Eon Seig
05-16-2010, 10:04 PM
Cheese metal? Ha, that's not a phrase I've seen before. It better not have anything to do with Motorhead, or I will seriously question your competence on that matter.

squeek.
05-16-2010, 10:09 PM
I would bet he means "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor", specifically. :)

DarkieJ
07-23-2010, 12:11 PM
What programs did you use?:-P

moosh
07-23-2010, 02:46 PM
What programs did you use?:-P
Things like these are usually displayed in the credits. He used After affects,3DS max,Virtual dub and Soundbooth.

Elmo
07-23-2010, 09:12 PM
and of course not to mention is guide to making FF movies :rolleyes:

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=20364

Dougmckenzie
07-30-2010, 09:43 PM
It's been about 3 years now since i played my last tfc match with friends and moved on with my life. Recently, i've talked to old clanmates who I've stayed in touch with through the years. Thinking back on all the fun times we all had, i started thinking about that rumor I heard about, "some guys are actually redoing the whole game, you should check it out, it's called like fortress forever or something like that".

So here I am. It's honestly been so long I can't remember the name of most of the maps we use to league on. I had a thought today to check out that rumor that I had heard about, alas, i've found the FF site. I want to honestly tell you, i'm 40 years old, and the FF video (i'm seeing for the first time) has rekindled my need to pull out my rocket launcher, dust it off, and put it to use again. To the crew of FF for made this possible, I want to thank you for the chance to get back into my suit, load up my rockets, and get back to work.

You may be hearing from my wife though,.....and her diversity of curse words, saying that you've corrupted me back to the ways of yelling at my screen for hours on end. If I were you, and trust me, I'll be telling her the same thing, "There's a love for this game only the most diehard of players have, so you can honestly kiss...my...ass" Thanks a ton guys, and I hope to see you in game soon :)

John Lewis
clan CAMF
aka [CAMF]The_Butcher

moosh
07-30-2010, 10:23 PM
It's been about 3 years now since i played my last tfc match with friends and moved on with my life. Recently, i've talked to old clanmates who I've stayed in touch with through the years. Thinking back on all the fun times we all had, i started thinking about that rumor I heard about, "some guys are actually redoing the whole game, you should check it out, it's called like fortress forever or something like that".

So here I am. It's honestly been so long I can't remember the name of most of the maps we use to league on. I had a thought today to check out that rumor that I had heard about, alas, i've found the FF site. I want to honestly tell you, i'm 40 years old, and the FF video (i'm seeing for the first time) has rekindled my need to pull out my rocket launcher, dust it off, and put it to use again. To the crew of FF for made this possible, I want to thank you for the chance to get back into my suit, load up my rockets, and get back to work.

You may be hearing from my wife though,.....and her diversity of curse words, saying that you've corrupted me back to the ways of yelling at my screen for hours on end. If I were you, and trust me, I'll be telling her the same thing, "There's a love for this game only the most diehard of players have, so you can honestly kiss...my...ass" Thanks a ton guys, and I hope to see you in game soon :)

John Lewis
clan CAMF
aka [CAMF]The_Butcher

I read that in tears.

Welcome back,soldier.

Dougmckenzie
07-30-2010, 11:09 PM
I read that in tears.

Welcome back,soldier.

Trust me moosh, watching that video put me in tears. @Ryu, no matter what anyone tells you, I think the music is actually a crucial part of your compliation. Dragon Riders is a very festive tune, and pretty much sums up how I like to mop up the floor with medics and scouts :)

Elmo
07-30-2010, 11:14 PM
haha awesome

KubeDawg
07-31-2010, 12:09 AM
I promote ryu as the official FF video maker.;)

absolute
08-03-2010, 07:31 PM

John Lewis
clan CAMF
aka [CAMF]The_Butcher

judging by the username, you're from canada (rock on)

and CAMF.. crazy-ass mo-fo's, no?

wow that brings me back... you might as well browse over at http://forums.thecatacombs.net as well.

Welcome back.

moosh
03-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Reuploaded the video onto own3d.tv for people like me that can't view it on Youtube because they are dickheads with their copyright bullshit.

http://www.own3d.tv/video/80988/Fortress-Forever_The_Movie

Cheers to ryu^ for this awesome video.

JackBauer
03-23-2011, 06:15 PM
still the best FF video out there!

Mase
12-29-2011, 08:12 PM
Also check this out !!

pF
01-29-2012, 11:53 PM
dude. i watch this once a week.. the soldier airshots make me weep with joy..

AfterShock
02-02-2012, 04:09 PM
Thread needs updating - Youtube video is down, stream is down. download link points to the wrong movie.

Vimeo still works tho