PDA

View Full Version : Evolution of the sentry gun

~kev~
12-17-2008, 12:58 PM
Video starts in quakeworld team fortress, goes to team fortress classic, tf2 and finally FF. I filmed all of the clips in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1gPVciz55Q

The FF sentry gun is last, because people are more likely to remember something if it is either first or last. Support Fortress Forever videos by rating and commenting at youtube. The more support people show, the stronger the community is.

I filmed a lot more video of the sentry guns then I posted. So I thought about putting together a video highlighting the FF sentry gun. Such as the fast build time and the ability to aim up or down.

Comments or suggestions?

Bridget
12-17-2008, 01:16 PM
Nice video (except for the silence), the QWTF sentry gun was pretty cool lookin'. After watching the video, you really come to grip that the sentry gun in FF is not that bad. I mean, look at how fast you can get it up compared to the other games? Sure, your gun is most likely to stay up longer in TF2, but when it goes down there's a huge window of opportunity for the enemies to push when you're struggling to get it back up to speed. If your gun goes down in FF, the enemy team only has so little time to act before it's right back in place.

~kev~
12-17-2008, 01:18 PM
Nice video (except for the silence),

Silence?? I did an audio swap on that video. Youtube supplies sound tracks for your videos. So I muted the video, then used the audio swap at youtube. I guess the audio track did not get added last night. Thank you and I will get it fixed.

======== EDIT =========

Ok, I did another audio swap. Lets see how this one goes.

Bridget
12-17-2008, 01:22 PM
The music only works in High Quality for me. Probably on my end.. :/

~kev~
12-17-2008, 01:52 PM
The music only works in High Quality for me. Probably on my end.. :/

Check the video again, the audio is working for me.

Bridget
12-17-2008, 02:14 PM
Works fine now

KubeDawg
12-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Great video. I enjoyed the music too.

Rehab
12-17-2008, 05:25 PM
I think the FF animation should be more like TFC. It actually looks like the arm is "turning" the wrench, the FF animation just looks like its wacking it.