PDA

View Full Version : Dats Da Shit Too!

SiSCoS
11-25-2008, 05:00 AM
Lawdy Lawdy Lawdy, Dat boy SiSCoS AKA Sgt. Peppas gots a new one for ya!

Sgt. Peppas
In
Dats Da Shit Too!

85mb (http://www.jbmpaintball.com/goodfellas/Dats_Da_Shit_Too.wmv)
Streaming (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b086lqjF_p0)
Duration:7:16 Minutes

Info: Alright, this is the sequel to my first avi Dats Da Shit! (http://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=17812). It has various maps included with some awesome clips just for your enjoyment! Feel free to comment on this thread!

Before you say it, i know that there are some contrast and brightness differences including some clips with the crosshairs, sorry that i didnt take them out, i recorded them before i got gator's scripts and do-dads so i didnt feel like re-recording them!

Thanks and enjoy dat video!8)

GeoKill----->
11-25-2008, 05:14 AM
You know my feelings for this video already :D
I am loving it!

tim_
11-25-2008, 05:16 AM
your video production quality is getting better

Zuljin
11-25-2008, 05:16 AM
The phantom offense plays and the conc on congestus were nice, but most of the other plays probably could have been left out (lol at the barrage of rockets). I do like this one much better than your first one. Looking forward to the third one, nice job :)

SiSCoS
11-25-2008, 05:29 AM
what barrage of rockets?

KubeDawg
11-25-2008, 05:38 AM
I'm glad you used footage from a few newer maps, and the production quality is superb.

Zuljin
11-25-2008, 05:55 AM
what barrage of rockets?
I play scout/medic and I don't think I'm a good soldier, so take what you want from this.

0:22 - Holding down the trigger for 2 rockets, none of which hits virus (just the wall)
0:28 - Killing the scout with 2 splash rockets that really weren't that close
0:39 - Killing the medic with 2 rockets, but then still holding down the trigger and shooting a 3rd after the medic was already dead. To me, this just seems like a lack of control and more a "barrage of rockets".
1:11 - Shot up the medic, but the next 3 rockets were a continuation of just holding down the trigger from the first one, and two weren't close to the medic at all.

SiSCoS
11-25-2008, 06:01 AM
I play scout/medic and I don't think I'm a good soldier, so take what you want from this.

0:22 - Holding down the trigger for 2 rockets, none of which hits virus (just the wall)
0:28 - Killing the scout with 2 splash rockets that really weren't that close
0:39 - Killing the medic with 2 rockets, but then still holding down the trigger and shooting a 3rd after the medic was already dead. To me, this just seems like a lack of control and more a "barrage of rockets".
1:11 - Shot up the medic, but the next 3 rockets were a continuation of just holding down the trigger from the first one, and two weren't close to the medic at all.

lol, yeah but when you have really bad fps, nothing you can do but bang ur keyboard and hold down ur mouse lol!

squeek.
11-25-2008, 06:41 AM
Loading in the downward direction. All I have to say now is: Gosh SiSCoS.

Gr3mLin
11-25-2008, 09:56 AM
I had to skip the defence part after the first minute of watching a constant stream of missed rockets then just getting the occasional hit against a wall and a shotgun :/

Again offy moves were really standard, expected to see something a bit better from someone in the self proclaimed #1 clan

MonoXideAtWork
11-25-2008, 12:14 PM
I had to skip the defence part after the first minute of watching a constant stream of missed rockets then just getting the occasional hit against a wall and a shotgun :/

Again offy moves were really standard, expected to see something a bit better from someone in the self proclaimed #1 clan

I disagree. His accuracy may not have been top notch, but he was very consistant, which is what you need to be the best. I do wish the movie could have been all top notch footage, but there's always next one! Keep up the good work!

Gr3mLin
11-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Very consistant at missing 3 rockets? how is that a good thing? :p

MonoXideAtWork
11-25-2008, 02:49 PM
A miss is not always a bad thing. Using rockets as area denial is a viable tactic.

EquilibriuM
11-25-2008, 03:14 PM
Very consistant at missing 3 rockets? how is that a good thing? :p
Give sisscos a break, where is your vid? :o

SiSCoS
11-25-2008, 04:36 PM
A miss is not always a bad thing. Using rockets as area denial is a viable tactic.

lol exactly, as i shoot rockets for area denial i say "GO THE OTHER WAY" if they still persist I say "FUCK YOU" and kill em lol

Well gremlin guess there is no pleasing you, you must be like one of the best since im way below your standards8). Going back to my 1st avi, the offensive clips, they were mostly played against the goodfellas which actually made them pretty good. But yeah ur right, pretty easy stuff to do.

Zuljin
11-25-2008, 04:39 PM
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/showthread.php?t=18259
That was his POV, but credge provided commentary.

Gr3mLin
11-25-2008, 04:43 PM

My demo is up in this forum, FF commentry 1, it's like two or three threads down

Gr3mLin
11-25-2008, 07:33 PM
lol exactly, as i shoot rockets for area denial i say "GO THE OTHER WAY" if they still persist I say "FUCK YOU" and kill em lol

Well gremlin guess there is no pleasing you, you must be like one of the best since im way below your standards8). Going back to my 1st avi, the offensive clips, they were mostly played against the goodfellas which actually made them pretty good. But yeah ur right, pretty easy stuff to do.

There is pleasing me, just your avi doesn't really do it for me.
Whats the point in slinging mud with all this talk of "you must be better" bullshit. I'm simply saying this an avi to showcase your skills, and since the Goodfella's aren't exactly known for their modesty you could of included clips that actually showed some skill.
And if you're doing easy moves against your own clan who proclaim to be the best and their working, they're not really very good are they? :p

KubeDawg
11-25-2008, 07:54 PM
There is pleasing me, just your avi doesn't really do it for me.
Whats the point in slinging mud with all this talk of "you must be better" bullshit. I'm simply saying this an avi to showcase your skills, and since the Goodfella's aren't exactly known for their modesty you could of included clips that actually showed some skill.
And if you're doing easy moves against your own clan who proclaim to be the best and their working, they're not really very good are they? :p

Well honestly, juggling medics instead of killing them instantly gives somewhat of an advantage to the defense considering the fact that the longer the medic stays alive, but immobile, the longer it takes for the medic to either get the flag or die, respawn, then get the flag. Therefore, it was more skillful to continue to kit the medic, screwin up his conks, and thus stalling their offensive movementhos.

MonoXideAtWork
11-25-2008, 08:03 PM
Mimic, we cross the isle.

GeoKill----->
11-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Kube makes a good point

tim_
11-25-2008, 08:50 PM
Well honestly, juggling medics instead of killing them instantly gives somewhat of an advantage to the defense considering the fact that the longer the medic stays alive, but immobile, the longer it takes for the medic to either get the flag or die, respawn, then get the flag. Therefore, it was more skillful to continue to kit the medic, screwin up his conks, and thus stalling their offensive movementhos.

So your when the other 3 scouts run by you cause your to busy jugling medics, then you still suck

GeoKill----->
11-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Not when you shotty them like Siscos did

tim_
11-25-2008, 08:59 PM
i was talking about kube, you know i wasn't talk about sisco his skill is right there in the avi

Gr3mLin
11-25-2008, 09:03 PM
So he intentionally missed some shots to keep the medic alive longer for his team? Yeah okay, idiot.

exosexattack
11-25-2008, 09:06 PM
gremlin im calling you out. teamfail vs goodfellas saying this without talking to any other members im going to say we'll even use your server. sorry for disrupting this thread :/

ps get stomped

Gr3mLin
11-25-2008, 09:10 PM
We tried to arrange a game vs you before and you banned the guy who was trying to arrange it.

No need to cry because I called one of your members avis shit.

I'm sure teamfail would be fine with playing you guys :)

Gator-
11-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Who is this guy talking so much shit? Self-proclaimed #1 clan? LoL. We've beaten the euros, we're undefeated http://jbmpaintball.com/gator/goodfellas/index.php?file=Wars
and the clan's image itself has nothing to do with personal avis. Get out of here and stop insulting people, newbie.

Nice avi siscos. I'm glad you've improved the overall quality. Can't wait to see the next one as they seem to get better and better.

KubeDawg
11-25-2008, 09:12 PM
So your when the other 3 scouts run by you cause your to busy jugling medics, then you still suck

In a 4v4/5v5, there are generally only 2 offensive players. And even if there's a swing, it's often good to screw at least one of the offense up to dismember their timings.

Edit, so while I was being extremely sarcasmagoric, you, Gremlinsk, did not pick up on it and haf lost your chance at ever winning any internetz.

exosexattack
11-25-2008, 09:13 PM
noone was banned for trying to arrange anything, he was banned for entering our private irc channel i think.. dont use that excuse dude you know we would play you.. do you think we would be afraid of some doods who fuck bitches with hair in the pits of their arms.. lolz we have standards mangzy jk but on a serious not lets set this up within the next week.

<3 siscoz

ps kube where do you get this information on 4v4's? wikipedia or some shit.. i played in atleast 200 pickups and ive never seen you ever im confuzez (4v4s are 4 offense)

GeoKill----->
11-25-2008, 09:16 PM
So he intentionally missed some shots to keep the medic alive longer for his team? Yeah okay, idiot.

Hey no flaming please, first warning

tim_
11-25-2008, 09:20 PM
We've beaten the euros, we're undefeated http://jbmpaintball.com/gator/goodfellas/index.php?file=Wars
and the clan's image itself has nothing to do with personal avis.

You beat some random Euro guys, before they organized into clans, and didn't you refuse to play teamfail once before?

zelenjava
11-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Sounds good teamfail. are still ready and waiting :D

Gr3mLin
11-25-2008, 09:25 PM
Who is this guy talking so much shit? Self-proclaimed #1 clan? LoL. We've beaten the euros, we're undefeated http://jbmpaintball.com/gator/goodfellas/index.php?file=Wars
and the clan's image itself has nothing to do with personal avis. Get out of here and stop insulting people, newbie.

Nice avi siscos. I'm glad you've improved the overall quality. Can't wait to see the next one as they seem to get better and better.

You mean you beat 4 euro guys who put together a gather team vs an organised clan? Hardly much is it? :p

Also Zel informs me Gator turned us down for a game when we last asked ;*(

As for you Exo, I'm not making any excuses...I've said I'm game, we've even tried to arrange games vs you, it just seems Gator doesn't want to for some reason ;*(

tim_
11-25-2008, 09:30 PM
You mean you beat 4 euro guys who put together a gather team vs an organised clan? Hardly much is it? :p

Also Zel informs me Gator turned us down for a game when we last asked ;*(

As for you Exo, I'm not making any excuses...I've said I'm game, we've even tried to arrange games vs you, it just seems Gator doesn't want to for some reason ;*(
gremlin im calling you out. teamfail vs goodfellas saying this without talking to any other members im going to say we'll even use your server. sorry for disrupting this thread :/

ps get stomped

exosexattack
11-25-2008, 09:35 PM
i have never even heard of this before so im sorry but it could possibly be gator saying no because he doesn't play FF anymore for the time being hes got other shit going on, but im just guessing i have honestly never been asked to play against you guys but i would love to

Gr3mLin
11-25-2008, 09:39 PM
Then fine, come in to #teamfail on quakenet and arrange a game.
Just remember where all this came from, it came from you calling us out over me saying I didn't think the skills in your team mates avi were very good.

So come and play us it will be nice to see the champions of US FF play some unknown noobs :)?

exosexattack
11-25-2008, 09:40 PM
im not following

Gr3mLin
11-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Just come in to #teamfail and arrange a game.

Gator-
11-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Way to completely ruin Siscos' thread Grem. Congratulations.

squeek.
11-25-2008, 09:59 PM
So... SiSCoS's avi is cool. Anyone with me?

Skanky Butterpuss
11-25-2008, 10:02 PM
siscos, would you like me to merge all the irrelevant posts into the NA vs EU thread?

tim_
11-25-2008, 10:03 PM
siscos, would you like me to merge all the irrelevant posts into the NA vs EU thread?
I double dog dare you!

PartialSchism
11-25-2008, 10:22 PM
So... SiSCoS's avi is cool. Anyone with me?
Yes.

exosexattack
11-25-2008, 10:29 PM
i enjoyed it

Gr3mLin
11-25-2008, 10:29 PM
Gator you contributed to it too.

On a completely different note, yeah good avi good skills really enjoyed it wp.

Gr3mLin
11-25-2008, 10:32 PM
In a 4v4/5v5, there are generally only 2 offensive players. And even if there's a swing, it's often good to screw at least one of the offense up to dismember their timings.

Edit, so while I was being extremely sarcasmagoric, you, Gremlinsk, did not pick up on it and haf lost your chance at ever winning any internetz.

Sorry Kube I now see the sarcasm and hope one day we can united to dominate the internet.

KubeDawg
11-25-2008, 10:36 PM
Sorry Kube I now see the sarcasm and hope one day we can united to dominate the internet.

I see wut ur tryin to do. NO INTERNETZ FOAR U!

EquilibriuM
11-25-2008, 11:59 PM
Can we get back on topic? terrible avi sisscos i <3 u men :D

zelenjava
11-26-2008, 12:38 AM
I liked the use of the ET music :D. It would be nice to see things from a third person perspective. Maybe some HLTV? footage rather than all first person, i've always found the better avis to include lots of overview rather than pure first person. People should look to create avis that show more of the game rather than one perspective so that new players can see whats going on ETC. Perhaps synced in places with nice editing etc, keep it in mind if you make another.

Zuljin
11-26-2008, 01:00 AM
I liked the use of the ET music :D. It would be nice to see things from a third person perspective. Maybe some HLTV? footage rather than all first person, i've always found the better avis to include lots of overview rather than pure first person. People should look to create avis that show more of the game rather than one perspective so that new players can see whats going on ETC. Perhaps synced in places with nice editing etc, keep it in mind if you make another.
I agree, but unfortunately FF's HLTV demos screw playback up 9/10 times and you can't free look.

PartialSchism
11-26-2008, 01:04 AM
While you view your demo you can turn cheats on and go thirdperson, and move the camera around w/ the cam_ commands in console. :)

GeoKill----->
11-26-2008, 04:27 AM
I agree, but unfortunately FF's HLTV demos screw playback up 9/10 times and you can't free look.

You could go in free look

MightyLotu
11-26-2008, 07:07 AM
getting better, gj

MonoXideAtWork
11-26-2008, 03:24 PM
I've always found the best AVIs to be mpegs.

caesium
11-27-2008, 02:13 PM
leaving my thoughts on the avi and player skill level aside, here's my advice:

1. video processing filters: apply a gamma correction (games use a different gamma than windows, so if you capture frames from a game you need to apply a gamma shift in the video processing). if you did apply a gamma correction for this video then it's nowhere near enough. careful application of saturation/brightness/contrast filters AFTER the gamma correction also helps make the video look a lot better and clearer to see what's going on.

2. clip cutting: the goal when deciding clip start/end points is basically two-fold: a) cut out the boring bits (this determines end point); b) place the good bit of the clip in context so the viewer is ready and understands (this determines start point). if needed just use fast-forward to have more start/end points within a clip. for me, the majority of your clip cutting leaves in a lot of the boring bits (even if we scale our definition of "interesting" to mean the highlights in your clips), and there are quite a few where i'm left confused by the point of the clip because of very poor context not preparing the viewer. btw i'm fully aware that it's rly hard to do this well in FF because of the still v muddled visuals given the speed of the game (i had a quick experimental go at making a scouting avi recently and couldn't get anywhere near the level i would usually expect to), but this just makes clip cutting even more important than with other games.

3. game/capture settings: i don't know if you did, but capture the frames at the res/fps (or 2x the fps for example if you want some half-speed sections) that you want to make your final avi. i'd recommend 45 fps if you want a v smooth avi (sadly my demo playback is fcked/jerky in FF so i can't make a smooth avi lol, but it seems fine for most ppl). unless you rly want the hud on for a specific move, turn ALL the onscreen stuff off. also turn gfx settings (in your gfx-driver/in-game) up highest if your pc can cope (e.g. AA on full, water refraction enabled, etc).

4. video compression: don't be afraid of big file sizes. i would much rather download a bigger file (up to a sensible limit ofc - prolly ~2/300mb) than watch a crappy low quality video. clearly there's no point making the file bigger for no discernable gain in quality, but for my liking yours have been far far too low quality. also, i'm at work atm and i can't remember what codec you used, but there are 2 codecs that are imo by far the best for gaming avis: h264 gives excellent fine detail if that's what you want; xvid gives excellent smooth movement if that's what you want.

keep up the good work, and if you got any questions just drop me a pm. gl with future vids.

darksoul
11-27-2008, 08:38 PM
gator, you are quite the cock.

please move along.

that will be all.

SiSCoS
11-28-2008, 04:56 AM
gator, you are quite the cock.

please move along.

that will be all.

dont post if ur going to flame

and caesium, i got a crappy computer so i am afraid of BIG FILES!
I play ff with a average of 20-30 fps

Hoopajoo
11-28-2008, 09:28 PM
This avi is taking forever to download... you should have hosted it on our web hosting siscos. I'll upload it for you.

from someone in the self proclaimed #1 clan

There is nothing self proclaimed about it.... We are simply on top of the ladder and currently undefeated.

As for the team fail challenge: we are a 5v5 team and I think it would be more appropriate to challenge us in that format....
Also, we are really inactive lately. We have to get our clan back in order before doing any challenges.

Gr3mLin
11-28-2008, 10:05 PM
What I mean by self proclaimed is, your clan members go around giving it the big I am when if you ask most other Americans they don't think much of your clans attitude or skill level. I mean usually people agree that you have the best clan.

Sorry, no one in europe plays 5on5 it's a pretty stupid setup.
Team europe is hopefully organising a game vs you yanks so we'll see you in that hopefully :)

Hoopajoo
11-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Whatever. (as in not worth responding to)

Anyways, I liked the avi although the first song is one of the more cliche and boring songs in existence and it was a pain to sit through. Also the clip on congestus as scout was edited a bit too short, but then you replay it in slow motion so that makes up for it.

I was entertained, which is what avi's are rly about. The quality is a bit better than your fist avi for sure.

Gr3mLin
11-29-2008, 01:56 PM
"Whatever" typical responce when you have no retort :|

~kev~
11-29-2008, 03:09 PM
AWESOME VIDEO!!!!!!!

One of the best game videos I have seen in a long, long time.

tml
11-29-2008, 08:37 PM
terrible music haha. nice plays though you greasy southerner

~kev~
02-04-2009, 12:41 AM
The audio track on this video has been disabled because of copyright issues. Use the audio swap feature to put another song on it.

PartialSchism
02-04-2009, 12:55 AM
I would just delete it and never use YouTube again. So many videos w/ out music now. :cry:

GeoKill----->
02-04-2009, 05:56 AM
Well that's bs

~kev~
02-04-2009, 02:32 PM
I would just delete it and never use YouTube again. So many videos w/ out music now. :cry:

Youtube offers an audio swap feature, that is what I have been using. That way you can legally put a song on your video without any copyright issues.

Go into the audio swap, find the song you like and make the video the same length as the song. Its no big deal.

SmellyCat
02-12-2009, 01:28 AM
Quick thoughts, slow mos need more fps, but aside from that a few of them did make me wonder why they were replayed in the first place - that kinda stuff is usually reserved for the top trump of your plays.

Basically agree with Caes' points in that we don't need to see you making it all the way back to your cap point, the important bit is the flag pickup and escape, rarely is getting into your own base avi worthy. Further, in my opinion at least, a 3 minute video with high quality capturing at good FPS with the selection of only the top clips is better than a 7minuter with "filler" clips.

Things seem to be improving, though. Good effort, dude.