PDA

View Full Version : Spiderman:Web Of Shadows new Trailer

GeoKill----->
10-12-2008, 05:57 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/10/11/spider-man-web-of-shadows-launch-trailer-is-symbio-tastic/

Looks Pretty bad ass

Skanky Butterpuss
10-12-2008, 06:18 AM
goddamn that looks awesome

Ihmhi
10-12-2008, 11:27 AM
I'm not even that big of a Spiderman fan and I'm buying this game.

Lost
10-12-2008, 03:49 PM
That is intense looking.

Circuitous
10-13-2008, 01:15 AM
Way better than the earlier video (engine wasn't even complete in that one, it was a very early teaser), but I'm still not interested in it.

MightyLotu
10-13-2008, 05:42 PM
cool vid but the gameplay probably isn't all that fun

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
10-13-2008, 06:26 PM
cool vid but the gameplay probably isn't all that fun

+1

-=bingo-bango=-
10-14-2008, 08:28 PM
its a nice trailer, but im afraid the game itself wont be that good

Ihmhi
10-30-2008, 10:33 AM
My roommate got the game on launch day. He's a huge Spider-Man dork, so... yeah, it was inevitable.

Light spoilerage ahead (which allies you can pick up).

I've seen him play it and I've had the chance to play it myself. The game, so far, is worth the money spent on it.

Let's start with the bad. Unskippable cutscenes. That is a cardinal sin in gaming nowadays. At least make us sit through it once, and then tag something on the profile so you don't have to sit through it multiple times.

Example: roomie is doing training missions with Luke Cage (the very beginning of the game). You have to chain together attacks by using timing. Relatively easy, but it goes very much against the expected "Mash these buttons to do stuff" mechanic of beat-em-up games.

The speech was something like "These gangsters are standing outside homes, trying to intimidate the good folks of this neighborhood. You've gotta hit 'em hard and hit 'em fast. Break these fools". It took about 30 seocnds to go through it. Messing up ONCE restarts the mission (no big deal, they're short), but it also restarts the cutscene.

Minor peeve - Spidey's web sometimes grabs onto thin air - more of a camera issue than anything else.

Minor peeve - when you lock onto someone with Spider Sense, you don't really have any control over the camera with the right analog stick. This makes it terribly easy to smack into things while web-slinging.

Aside from the unskippable cutscenes and the two above minor peeves, the game is pretty damn good. You basically have an alignment (Red = Good, Black = Bad) and make choices that effects the outcome of the game. If you're more towards the Red, you can use allies on the good side: Luke Cage, Moon Knight, and Wolverine. If you're more towards the Black, you can use allies on the bad side: Black Cat, Vulture, Rhino, and one we haven't unlocked yet.

The Red (Good) path is noticeably more difficult than the Black (Bad) path. See an enemy? Throw a car at 'em. If you hit civilians, you get Black points and get pointed more towards an evil alignment - so if you're going the Black Path, there's pretty much no problem that can be solved by throwing a few cars at something. Red Path, however... well, you really don't want to hurt any innocents if you can prevent it. The Red Suit is more agile and you have neat crowd-control abilities like Web Ball, but the Black Suit is more about brute strength. If you're the type who likes to power his way through the game, go for the Black Suit.

The reviews have been mixed, and understandably so - but the game is pretty damn fun so far and the story is really good from the P.O.V. of a person who isn't a Spider-Man fanboy. It's worth renting/borrowing and seeing if you want to buy it for yourself. If you can get over the small gripes, the game is really fun and rewarding.