PDA

View Full Version : Favorite series on TV

Caroline
09-23-2008, 09:00 PM
Do you guys follow any series? I loved Day break, Invasion and series like First wave to bad it isn't contintuing. But at least Heroes is, what do you think about it? I feel pure <3

and I like Lost... and Greys Anatomy, and... and...... :lol:

Iggy
09-23-2008, 09:59 PM
American Idol, and Hells Kitchen.

Although, I've gotten back into General Hospital again.

Hawk Eye
09-23-2008, 10:06 PM
Gilligan's Island. I can't wait to see how they plan to get off next week.

KubeDawg
09-23-2008, 10:09 PM
Penn & Teller: Bullshit, although I've not seen many new episodes as of late.
I also like to watch House, great show, always will be.
Oh and Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations is an interesting one that shows local foods from around the globe, as well as a show called 3 sheets, which showcases lots of local alcohol from around the world, along with the best hangover cures.
Finally, Good Eats is probably the most informative food show that is entertaining and shows you how to make food taste fucking good.

Online series/podcasts I watch regularly:

Diggnation
Wine Library TV(Awesome show if you want a completely different and awesome introduction to wine)

Ihmhi
09-23-2008, 10:18 PM
American Idol, and Hells Kitchen.

Although, I've gotten back into General Hospital again.

I never know if he's joking or serious...

FrenchToast
09-23-2008, 10:38 PM
Entourage, Lost and House.

-=bingo-bango=-
09-23-2008, 10:40 PM
fringe house entourage

tml
09-23-2008, 10:43 PM
http://www.hbo.com/entourage/img/episodeguide/season05/slideshow/ep57_07.jpg

Entourage
Last episode was awesome :D

Player
09-23-2008, 11:15 PM
House and Heroes; bored of Lost and Prison Break; Invasion was enjoyable, too bad they cancelled the second series.

Damascus
09-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Mythbusters.
:lol:

Iggy
09-24-2008, 12:12 AM
I never know if he's joking or serious...

:rolleyes:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z35/Iggy-beer/Ahem01.jpg

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

Etzell
09-24-2008, 12:25 AM
Corner Gas, The Office, South Park.

fishBurger
09-24-2008, 12:44 AM
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

BinaryLife
09-24-2008, 12:59 AM
I like It's Always Sunny too,

right now though the only show I watch with any pattern or repetition is Battlestar Galactica and that's on its last season.

Caroline
09-24-2008, 03:28 AM
Penn & Teller: Bullshit

Haha, Bullshit is fun. Remember when they talked about fat people and one of them said something like "stop eating so fucking much" :lol:

Kind of funny... :rolleyes:

Doctor Zyo
09-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Mythbusters, Taboo, The Universe, Cosmos, Megascience.

In Basic; a lot of shit that one would find on either National Geographic/Discovery/Science Channel. When my TV isn't on one of those Channels it's either Off or on XM Radio.

Caroline
09-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Mythbusters, Taboo, The Universe, Cosmos, Megascience.

In Basic; a lot of shit that one would find on either National Geographic/Discovery/Science Channel. When my TV isn't on one of those Channels it's either Off or on XM Radio.

Good taste Zyo.

I'm suprised you all didn't say Simpsons or Family guy. :lol: I'll check out Entourage, is it like Sex and the City for men as google said? :p

Paft
09-24-2008, 01:53 PM
I miss out on a lot of programs because I don't watch much television anymore (too addicted to the computer.) And If I don't catch the first episode of a program I don't bother as not to spoil it.

Prison Break and Lost are the only ones I've managed to follow. Oh, and now The Office too. I'm kind of looking forward to that returning.

I used to like watching the Law & Orders.

Gwarsbane
09-24-2008, 04:19 PM
I have too many shows that I like...

BSG
Stargate Atlantis
Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Eureka
Heroes
NCIS
Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs
Modern Marvels (when I can find it)
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Lost
Law & Order (all of them)
CSI (all of them)
Smallville
Jericho (too bad it was killed off, stupid CBS)
First Wave was good, again too bad it was killed off

OneManArmy
09-24-2008, 05:07 PM
I haven't watched TV over a year...

KubeDawg
09-24-2008, 05:22 PM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Deadwood. I'm not sure if it's even still showing, but that was a fantastic show. Another show called Life, where this cop gets sent to prison for years and finally gets out because they found other evidence that lead them to believe he wasn't the killer, and this guy takes what he knows from prison and uses it to become the best damn cop/investigator I've ever seen. Great show.

Weeds was also one of my favorites, but after the 2nd season, I kinda lost interest.

Demasu
09-25-2008, 01:55 AM
I have too many shows that I like...

BSG
Stargate Atlantis
Terminator - The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Eureka
Heroes
NCIS
Mythbusters
Dirty Jobs
Modern Marvels (when I can find it)
Doctor Who
Torchwood
Lost
Law & Order (all of them)
CSI (all of them)
Smallville
Jericho (too bad it was killed off, stupid CBS)
First Wave was good, again too bad it was killed off

Modern Marvels is on every day(at least every weekday) at 1pm EDT. So it may or may not be a good time depending on what you do.

I watch Modern Marvels, Trauma Life in the ER(when I can actually stay awake), Code Blue(same caveat as Trauma), Mythbusters, CSI(mostly Las Vegas, but since it's the same formula for the others, and you don't need to have been following the whole season, I can watch the others, I just don't like the people in them), whatever catches my fancy on Discovery, Discovery Health, and History(more and more they're showing good shows now like they used to). I "watch" adult swim, mainly I just kinda have it on as background noise until something I actually like comes on. Occasionally I'll watch sci-fi if I remember ST:TNG is on. Scrubs too if I remember.

Now I have an honest question, that isn't meant to flame anyone, but how can you watch House? For the most part I found the characters to be lacking in many qualities, and their medical stuff that they do in the show, is very hit or miss on whether or not you could actually do it(the one that comes to mind is when they ran a guy's blood through a pig's liver to filter it, which is complete BS). So why do you guys like it? I'm honestly curious about this.

Anthraxium[WU]
09-25-2008, 05:31 AM
i cant believe no one here watches Dexter

missing out on one of the best shows on tv

Credge
09-25-2008, 05:46 AM
Mythbusters is the only show I really look forward to watching.

Circuitous
09-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Only shows I watch with any consistency:

Mythbusters
The Venture Brothers
Shin-Chan
Corner Gas
Becker
Hole in the Wall (dunno why, exactly)
Wipeout
Unbeatable Banzuke
Ninja Warrior

and that seems to be it.

Gwarsbane
09-26-2008, 03:19 AM
I haven't watched TV over a year...
Who says you have to watch them on TV :D

Gwarsbane
09-26-2008, 03:21 AM
Modern Marvels is on every day(at least every weekday) at 1pm EDT. So it may or may not be a good time depending on what you do.

Depends on what channel and what country you are talking about. I'm in Canada.

I also download most of my shows and finding Modern Marvels can be hard.

SiSCoS
09-26-2008, 03:26 AM
Family Guy, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken, South Park, Mythbusters, Dirty Jobs, LSU FOOTBALL, House, saints football

dont watch much but when im not doing anything thats what i try to see if on. But when LSU plays its the only thing i do.....watch!

BinaryLife
09-26-2008, 03:52 AM
Mythbusters is the only show I really look forward to watching.

I actually forgot about Dexter. As well as Spaced (which isn't aired anymore, but still awesome) and Californication.

Demasu
09-26-2008, 05:47 AM
Depends on what channel and what country you are talking about. I'm in Canada.

I also download most of my shows and finding Modern Marvels can be hard.
In the US it's on the History Channel and you can always go to http://store.aetv.com/html/subject/index.jhtml?id=mm1000 to order the DVDs from the store. I would say most, if not all, the episodes are worth buying.

Paft
10-18-2008, 02:42 PM
I have been watching Heroes over that past few weeks, now I'm up to date with the last aired episode. The show looked corny to me so never bothered with it. But I'd heard good things so I forced my self to watch it. It took me a while to get into it but once I lost the conry feeling I started to enjoy it.

Getting to the point of my post, what is with the cliffhanger/last scene "mistakes"? For some reason they sometimes re-act the last scene(s) from the previous episode instead of playing it back. Which are never quite correct. I don't know whether the change in camera angles are intentional but actions and words are also always off or even missed out.

latest one. Brief so it isn't a spoiler:
Claire says goodbye to her mother and leaves the house.
The scene is re-acted in the next ep and now she kisses her mum goodbye and leaves the house.

What is with that?

uBeR
10-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Lost and Dexter.

Caroline
10-18-2008, 04:20 PM
latest one. Brief so it isn't a spoiler:
Claire says goodbye to her mother and leaves the house.
The scene is re-acted in the next ep and now she kisses her mum goodbye and leaves the house.

What is with that?

Oh, I never thought about it. That's weird :p

puppychow
10-18-2008, 06:17 PM
dexter
weeds
tudors
rescue me

for reality, project runway and top chef :)

Backstaber
10-18-2008, 06:28 PM
Nothing. I read.

Skanky Butterpuss
10-18-2008, 07:24 PM
judge judy, muthafuckas!

Paft
03-18-2009, 05:43 PM
American TV ey. :rolleyes:

Your networks frequently disappoint me; No Heroes this week, no Lost last week (though that was because of the SuperBowl wasn't it? Wouldn't that have been on Sport(s) channels anyway..?), no House a fortnight ago, or whenever it was.

GeoKill----->
03-18-2009, 06:50 PM
Ya two weeks with no Lost sucks

MightyLotu
03-18-2009, 07:07 PM
i watch a whole lot of shite on the discovery channels, national geo and some animal planet

and yeah for the rest, everything's been mentioned already.. lost, smallville, heroes, sg1-atlantis, terminator series etc

Paft
03-18-2009, 07:38 PM
I heard lost would be a double bill, but that isn't true is it? Or was it at a point?

According to TV guide it isn't: http://www.tvguide.com/search/index.aspx?keyword=lost
But is here: http://epguides.com/Lost/

Looks like 1 ep according to ABC's schedule.

Etzell
03-18-2009, 08:04 PM
I miss Arrested Development.

Anshinritsumai
03-18-2009, 08:14 PM
The shit I watch on TV has changed severely... this is pretty much all I ever watch...

Science Channel:
How It's Made *
Colossal Construction *
Future Weapons

G4TV:
Ninja Warrior *
Unbeatable Banzuke *
Human Wrecking Balls
The Chaser's War on Everything
Attack of the Show
X-Play

Fox:
House, M.D. *
Bones
Fringe
Lie To Me
The Simpsons
Family Guy
American Dad

CBS:
The Big Bang Theory

* - I watch it consistently.

squeek.
03-19-2009, 12:04 AM
Delocated

Seriously, Delocated. It's fantastic.

TonyCip
03-19-2009, 02:35 AM
The Office
Sons of Anarchy
The Riches
Its always sunny in Philadelphia

MonoXideAtWork
03-19-2009, 12:46 PM
NCIS- omg it's good.

xks
03-19-2009, 01:43 PM
http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/theremoteisland/2009/01/wire-poster.jpg

/thread

KubeDawg
03-19-2009, 04:03 PM
I've been watching East Bound and Down lately. Hilarious series.

squeek.
03-19-2009, 06:11 PM
I've been watching East Bound and Down lately. Hilarious series.

Only one episode left in the season.

Iggy
03-19-2009, 10:07 PM
Is that a rip-off of Smokey and the Bandit?

PartialSchism
03-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Will Ferrell is full of fail.

Smokey and the Bandit = win

KubeDawg
03-19-2009, 10:24 PM
not that I know of, but I did google it and saw a lot of smokey stuff there.

Paft
04-09-2009, 02:36 AM
Red Dwarf: Back To Earth starts on Dave on Friday April 10.

Etzell
04-09-2009, 04:59 AM
Better Off Ted has had one of the best openings to a series I've seen since AD. What a fantastic show.

Paft
04-09-2009, 11:35 AM
Spoiler for 5-20 6 Apr 09 Simple Explanation
House fans:
What the..? (http://weblogs.redeyechicago.com/showpatrol/2009/04/kal-penn-trades-kumar-for-white-house.html)

MonoXideAtWork
04-09-2009, 01:19 PM
OMG OMG, the next harold and kumar is going to be the dopest.

Paft
05-20-2009, 07:13 PM
So now that House, Heroes, Prison Break, Lost are over I have nothing to watch.

Is Fringe good? Am I missing out? And what other shows might I be missing out on?

Anshinritsumai
05-20-2009, 07:49 PM
Fringe is interesting...

It's kinda hard to see where it's going to go in the future, especially since it plays on alot of different topics often at the same time. They'll be going after a specific thing for like, 4 episodes, then just immediately without warning go to something else the next, then after a few episodes come back to what they we're originally working on. Though, somehow, it's all connected to the overall story.

Now that House, Fringe, Lie To Me, and Bones; have finished, i'm down to nothing more than Ninja Warrior and whatever happens to be on Science Channel.

uBeR
05-20-2009, 08:12 PM
My favorite shows:

Lost
Dexter
Arrested Development
Penn & Teller: Bullshit!
The Daily Show
The Office
The Colbert Report
Flight of the Conchords
Family Guy
Robot Chicken
Ultimate Fighting

SomeOldGuy
05-20-2009, 08:44 PM
Fringe is interesting...

It's kinda hard to see where it's going to go in the future, especially since it plays on alot of different topics often at the same time. They'll be going after a specific thing for like, 4 episodes, then just immediately without warning go to something else the next, then after a few episodes come back to what they we're originally working on. Though, somehow, it's all connected to the overall story.

I agree... and as for the finale, a most excellent plot twist there at the end in the cemetery. I thought it was the wife.

Not that it matters, but here are my faves:

Doctor Who
Torchwood
Fringe (duh)
Lost
Heroes
Chuck
South Park
The Closer
Eureka
Castle
Graham Norton
Daily Show

Etzell
05-20-2009, 09:21 PM
I'll miss Scrubs. After that final episode, I'm not going to watch the next bastardized season. Deadliest Catch is still going on, though.

Paft
05-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Be sure you watch those 2 extra episodes that Fox didn't air and went/will go straight to DVD. They (or it..However you want to look at it) aired here in the UK.

Probably haven't got my facts straight to say this but will anyway... Way to shit on the show Fox. Couldn't spear 88 minutes for a 4-5 year running show?

Now, because it has just gone to DVD, to someone who hasn't seen them or read reviews it will just looks like some bonusy extra stuff, that isn't all that worth it.

PartialSchism
05-28-2009, 10:23 PM
I love you baby, please come back. :cry:

KubeDawg
05-28-2009, 11:01 PM
Soon to be Trueblood again. Such a great/funny series.

Firefly though will always be my favorite, with Life being a close 2nd.

Anshinritsumai
05-28-2009, 11:50 PM
I'm down to just a few now...

Sasuke / Kunoichi (Ninja Warrior on G4)
House, M.D.
Bones
Fringe
Lie To Me

Etzell
05-29-2009, 04:40 AM
Be sure you watch those 2 extra episodes that Fox didn't air and went/will go straight to DVD. They (or it..However you want to look at it) aired here in the UK.

Probably haven't got my facts straight to say this but will anyway... Way to shit on the show Fox. Couldn't spear 88 minutes for a 4-5 year running show?

Now, because it has just gone to DVD, to someone who hasn't seen them or read reviews it will just looks like some bonusy extra stuff, that isn't all that worth it.
At least you got 5 years and only lost 88 minutes. It could be Arrested Development. They aired the series finale during the fucking opening ceremony for the Olympics. After axing the episode order for season 3 twice.

KubeDawg
05-29-2009, 08:09 AM
Wow, just got done watching the entire Band of Brothers series in Blu ray on my 62", and it is by far the most amazing war series I've seen so far(besides Generation Kill).

Bridget
05-29-2009, 03:34 PM
I tend to avoid watching television, because like the gaming industry, the shit coming out now-a-days sucks. For an example, watch Tim and Eric on Adultswim at nights. What a fucking disgrace to the new generation. When did absolute stupidity and meaningless television become trendy? I mean, shit, sure there were some brief times in the new generation (2000+) where something that made absolutely no sense what-so-ever came out from nowhere, and we found it hilarious, but it takes style to make something so tasteless, senseless, and stupid actually ring comedy. Just filming two fuckfaces babbling on for thirty minutes to an hour is not comedy. It's a massive failure at comedy. When did our standards sink so low?

I've put only three or four 'series' to the test. I watched Prison Break last year, and that lasted until Season 2, where it got dull. It was only good in the prison, because you never know what to expect there. Outside, what is there to do? An entire season of running, it would seem.

I put Lost to the test, and while I stopped because I couldn't get my hands on the second half of the first season (I don't torrent or illegally download/stream, either, so I get it by legitimate means), the show was just a little too repetitive early on (which didn't make me want to watch the rest) and only here and there was the show peppered with surprise. So, there's a fucking Polar Bear on a tropical island, and some French recording going on and on for years? And.. you assholes just sit on the beach like it's no problem? I felt like I was watching a soap opera, too. So much drama.

Lately, I've been watching the Sopranos. Good shit. It's slow pace, but you enjoy every minute of it. It has a real 'worldly' feel to it, no overly played acting or scenes, it keeps you wondering, the characters are nicely made, and there is the occasional bout of humor (The Italian getting pissed at the expresso joint for 'raping Italian cuisine and culture, for example) I'm only on S01E04, too. It looks promising, considering its praise and six seasons. Wish I could watch more of it, but my headphones died. ):

BlisTer
05-29-2009, 03:46 PM
i'm surprised nobody mentioned The Wire, or even The Shield

others that i like:

Entourage
The Office (U.S.)
Arrested Development

From the comments it seems i have to try Fringe

Skanky Butterpuss
05-29-2009, 04:26 PM
everyone who likes funny things needs to watch a few episodes of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia."

fishBurger
05-29-2009, 04:54 PM
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Iggy
05-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Oz

I didn't like how they ended the series, though.... could have been MUCH better. However, the writing was consistantly good up until that point.

Etzell
05-30-2009, 12:53 AM
I tend to avoid watching television, because like the gaming industry, the shit coming out now-a-days sucks. For an example, watch Tim and Eric on Adultswim at nights. What a fucking disgrace to the new generation. When did absolute stupidity and meaningless television become trendy? I mean, shit, sure there were some brief times in the new generation (2000+) where something that made absolutely no sense what-so-ever came out from nowhere, and we found it hilarious, but it takes style to make something so tasteless, senseless, and stupid actually ring comedy. Just filming two fuckfaces babbling on for thirty minutes to an hour is not comedy. It's a massive failure at comedy. When did our standards sink so low?

You're looking to Adult Swim and talking about how standards should be higher. Maybe you should re-evaluate the meaning of "absolute stupidity".

Lost
05-30-2009, 01:56 AM
Wow, just got done watching the entire Band of Brothers series in Blu ray on my 62", and it is by far the most amazing war series I've seen so far(besides Generation Kill).

Goddamn you Kube, I need to rape those from you. My old burned DVD version just doesn't fit it wide screen. The dudes are all smashed fat.

squeek.
05-30-2009, 06:00 AM
I tend to avoid watching television, because like the gaming industry, the shit coming out now-a-days sucks. For an example, watch Tim and Eric on Adultswim at nights. What a fucking disgrace to the new generation. When did absolute stupidity and meaningless television become trendy? I mean, shit, sure there were some brief times in the new generation (2000+) where something that made absolutely no sense what-so-ever came out from nowhere, and we found it hilarious, but it takes style to make something so tasteless, senseless, and stupid actually ring comedy. Just filming two fuckfaces babbling on for thirty minutes to an hour is not comedy. It's a massive failure at comedy. When did our standards sink so low

Remember: comedy is objective. There is only one type of comedy (just like there is one type of music), and you are the authority on what type is funny. Of this I am certain. I regularly go to country music performances and get very angry when they don't play punk music, so I know where you're coming from.

Enjoy your opinions. I'll enjoy my Tim and my Eric.

Bridget
05-30-2009, 06:19 AM
Remember: comedy is objective. There is only one type of comedy (just like there is one type of music), and you are the authority on what type is funny. Of this I am certain. I regularly go to country music performances and get very angry when they don't play punk music, so I know where you're coming from.

Enjoy your opinions. I'll enjoy my Tim and my Eric.

Shit sucks, bro. Fact.

PartialSchism
05-30-2009, 06:22 AM
Shit sucks, bro. Fact.

This. I would rather be blind than watch tim and eric.

squeek.
05-30-2009, 08:07 AM
Then don't watch it.

If you'd like to give it a second try, here's something I enjoyed:

http://www.ffwd.com/videos/967754?ctid=9&cvid=42796

Bridget
05-30-2009, 05:44 PM
I don't watch it. It's just the fact that it is always placed between two usually good shows.

squeek.
05-30-2009, 07:59 PM
Look Around You?

xks
06-04-2009, 09:12 PM
i'm surprised nobody mentioned The Wire, or even The Shield

others that i like:

Entourage
The Office (U.S.)
Arrested Development

From the comments it seems i have to try Fringe

Ahem.. I believe I did mention The Wire.

See:

http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/theremoteisland/2009/01/wire-poster.jpg

/thread

Also, The Shield is top notch as well. Once you watch The Wire and The Shield you'll realise how poor things like Heroes and Prison Break really are.

stray kitten
06-04-2009, 09:32 PM
Soon to be Trueblood again. Such a great/funny series.

Firefly though will always be my favorite, with Life being a close 2nd.

I am STILL pissed about Firefly.

BlisTer
06-05-2009, 03:43 PM
Also, The Shield is top notch as well. Once you watch The Wire and The Shield you'll realise how poor things like Heroes and Prison Break really are.

indeed! I can't stand watching Prison Break, it seems to be made for kids who keep being pleasantly surprised how the good guys triumph seemingly hopeless situations. blah

ps: fringe sucks too

MightyLotu
06-05-2009, 05:57 PM
prison break first 3 seasons were pretty good but yeah, in season 4 you can tell the writers are just coming up with stuff as they go, just to wear out the story
there was nothing better to watch lately anyway over here so i didn't mind too much

edit: forgot to mention, they really should've killed off lincoln after the first season, he's really crap at his role in the show

DarkeN_HellspawN
06-06-2009, 03:38 PM
was good. Sons of Anarchy is really good to..........

dh

Paft
06-11-2009, 12:07 PM
BlisTer, yes Prison Break was over-the-top, but I enjoyed it. Seasons 1,2,3 had me on the edge of my seat. As Mighty said about season 4, wearing the story out. I still thought it was OK. And did sadly need to come to an end.

Fringe, finished watching the Season a couple of weeks ago. I think it's alright, could be better somehow, but alright. I like the scientist. Overall I enjoyed it. The Pilot was really good. If the series was as good as that pilot then wow..

xks
06-12-2009, 01:28 PM
I enjoyed the first season of Prison Break a lot, it was addictive and I couldn't get enough of it, but it did go rapidly downhill in Season Two and never recovered.

The whole idea of setting someone up for the killing was decent enough and the way it worked in the first season, however farfetched was pretty good too. The problems came about in Season Two when things got a little out of control and 'the company' came into things more and more.

GeoKill----->
06-13-2009, 12:21 AM
So you guys liked the Season Finale of Lost?
I was expecting a bit more out of it

s0undch4s3r
07-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Do you guys follow any series? I loved Day break, Invasion and series like First wave to bad it isn't contintuing. But at least Heroes is, what do you think about it? I feel pure <3

and I like Lost... and Greys Anatomy, and... and...... :lol:

I don't watch TV anymore. Cable is too expensive and there's nothing worth watching.

Backstaber
07-03-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't watch TV anymore. Cable is too expensive and there's nothing worth watching.

Cable went and cut all the channels I watched, and they wanted me to pay more to watch them. So screw em.

Pixel
07-04-2009, 05:14 AM
Futurama
South Park
Mythbusters
Big Bang Theory
Penn & Teller
Daily Show & Colbert Report
Whatever is on Discovery Channel

Too bad I don't got tv anymore