PartialSchism
04-21-2008, 12:27 AM
Removed.

!nF3D4L
04-21-2008, 12:52 AM
strobe ftw

Hammock
04-22-2008, 03:06 PM
How about a bright flourecent orange where you got the red, and a bright neon green for the center?

Those colors you got would blend in to the floors in too many areas.

PartialSchism
04-22-2008, 10:09 PM
That would look cool i guess.. One problem. If your referring to the red between the black grates, that is a different water/glass texture that refracts the team color. I was red when i took those shots so thats y its red in the pics. I wasnt gonna mess with that or else you wont know which team has laid the detpack, unless you just plan on trying to defuse every detpack you see, given you are a scout :D

Dr.Satan
04-22-2008, 10:23 PM
That would look cool i guess.. One problem. If your referring to the red between the black grates, that is a different water/glass texture that refracts the team color. I was red when i took those shots so thats y its red in the pics. I wasnt gonna mess with that or else you wont know which team has laid the detpack, unless you just plan on trying to defuse every detpack you see, given you are a scout :D

lol sadly atm you can defuse your own team's detpacks if FF is on so that probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Hammock
04-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Ya but detpacks aren't really in abundance, 1 or 2 demo's per team usually, and they don't last very long. Most pub servers don't have FF on, and most pickups/leagues don't have scouts close to their own team's demo's. If you have a fellow demo offense player he's usually more about spamming and the scouts are more focused on the flag to really care about detpacks's, they'll take the death without even noticing the detpack going off.

Circuitous
04-22-2008, 10:57 PM
lol sadly atm you can defuse your own team's detpacks if FF is on so that probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Friendly-fire is fucked innit?

!nF3D4L
04-22-2008, 10:57 PM
we need to get new detpack sounds

PartialSchism
04-22-2008, 11:36 PM

yea i noticed this the other day on a pickup :rolleyes:

PartialSchism
04-24-2008, 10:12 AM

Hammock
04-24-2008, 06:29 PM
I like the bright green, I think it'd stand out way better. Except maybe in Aardvark yard, but that place is soo huge you wouldn't notice a det until too late anyways heh.

PartialSchism
04-24-2008, 11:13 PM
I usually test everything on aardvark just to see how far you can see it. It stands out pretty well unless your across the yard. Another thing i noticed, If you place the detpack in the water, you cant see it unless your actually in the water with it.