PDA

View Full Version : I want some scripts but I have no clue what am doing.

jordan10la
04-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Basically I have seen some people have auto messages and I would like to have auto messages too. For example when I call for a medic I would like to set my own message to display in team chat along with my location. Another example I would like to have would be able to bind a key to say something on team chat. Oh and the other one is when I press C to drop the flag it will display a message along with my current location. So if anyone could give me the basic structure for that it would be greatly appreciated.

GeoKill----->
04-12-2008, 09:39 PM
http://www.fortress-forever.com/wiki/Scripts

jordan10la
04-12-2008, 10:09 PM
I hate to say that a lot of that doesn't help me. So far I am thinking it would be something like:
bind "Z" saveme

But I don't know how to make its say something in teamchat, which would beside the saveme. But that still isn't quite what I want. I want it to send a message when Ichoose medic in the thign when i press Z (the one with armor and ammo) is that possible? Also where do I put them? In a autoexec.cfg?

fishBurger
04-13-2008, 12:10 AM
bind z "saveme;say_team Heal me!! [%h Health - %a Armor]"

bind c "dropflagcommand;say_team Flag dropped at %l"

not sure what the cmd for dropflag is, but you should get the picture.

jordan10la
04-13-2008, 04:10 AM
bind z "saveme;say_team Heal me!! [%h Health - %a Armor]"

not sure what the cmd for dropflag is, but you should get the picture.

Thanks man I'll have to try them out. But where do I put them?
EDIT: Nevermind I thought I would try autoexec.cfg and it worked.

Dr.Satan
04-13-2008, 06:34 AM

bind c "dropitems;say_team Flag dropped at %l {%hH}{%aA}"

dropitems is the command...and you really need to add in %h / %a commands if you are going to use a flag toss bind. The health tells your team members weather or not your toss was successful.

Another example I would like to have would be able to bind a key to say something on team chat

bind key "say_team whatever you want"

jordan10la
05-13-2008, 02:39 AM
The health tells your team members weather or not your toss was successful.

What do you mean? I normally can't throw the flag in time so I just pres the bind when I die so they at least no where it is.

Circuitous
05-13-2008, 02:48 AM
If your hp is negative in your flag comm bind, they know you didn't toss it, it just dropped where you died. If it's positive, you tossed successfully.

Dr.Satan
05-13-2008, 06:59 PM
exactly