PDA

View Full Version : Vinny going to be broadcasting our Matches soon!

Skillet
04-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Ok this is a once in a lifetime oppurtunity for you to hear the magnanamus VinnytheBoss broadcast some games. If you play FF you know who he is. His reputation suceeds him.

He will spectate and use Shoutcast to give Live feed and recorded, so you can listen in live and not have to watch SourceTV which is laggy and choppy. Applications need are winamp.

Skillet

Vicious
04-01-2008, 05:50 PM
oOoOoOoOoOoOoO can i apply to be a co-host? My fps have been shitty so I don't think I'll be playing in many matches until a new machine is purchased, I could be the serious reporter and he could be the comedic relief or vice-versa!

[AE] 82694
04-01-2008, 05:59 PM
Is this scrims or UGC matches?

VinnytheBoss
04-01-2008, 06:03 PM
im not sure yet how its gonna work cuz if its matches lol..how will i play my match??

[AE] 82694
04-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Exactly what I was thinking and having a 5 minute TV delay and not being allowed to spec would make matches hard to broadcast . But I think would be hella fun for scrims or pickups.

Skillet
04-01-2008, 11:36 PM
He can spectate and broadcast, not sure how we will work out the times yet. Yes its in UGC.

Skillet

Dr.Satan
04-01-2008, 11:58 PM
let me know if you need any support from UGC vinny!

also the delay wouldn't mess anything up really, they broadcast TFC matches still.

Skillet
04-02-2008, 12:09 AM
Yes please help him with spectating(UGC stuff), lets allow him to do this so we can let the community grow, I know a lot of people will enjoy the broadcasts.

Skillet

Skillet
04-02-2008, 12:10 AM
oOoOoOoOoOoOoO can i apply to be a co-host? My fps have been shitty so I don't think I'll be playing in many matches until a new machine is purchased, I could be the serious reporter and he could be the comedic relief or vice-versa!

As of now I just have Vinny on to do the matches, if it gets bigger maybe we can do something league wide for big matches with more commentators.

Skillet

greenday5494
04-02-2008, 01:21 AM
goodluck with this, i would watch matches with broadcasters!

[AE] 82694
04-02-2008, 01:46 AM
The broad casts would still have to be delayed other wise there is no point in delaying the source tv.

The no spectate rule is in place for a reason in UGC 5v. So with out breaking the rule how will we accomplish this?

If you make one exception then often you have to make more to be fair.

Skillet
04-02-2008, 02:03 AM
82694']The broad casts would still have to be delayed other wise there is no point in delaying the source tv.

The no spectate rule is in place for a reason in UGC 5v. So with out breaking the rule how will we accomplish this?

If you make one exception then often you have to make more to be fair.

The broadcasts should not be delayed and he should spectate so he can see fluid gameplay. I think we can lax some rules so FF can blow up with Vinny on the mic, not like we are playing for money or tons of clans here lol.

Skillet

[AE] 82694
04-02-2008, 03:48 AM
The broadcasts should not be delayed and he should spectate so he can see fluid gameplay. I think we can lax some rules so FF can blow up with Vinny on the mic, not like we are playing for money or tons of clans here lol.

Skillet

But wouldn't that open the door for the two clans being broadcast being able to use the live show to their advantage?

To clarify a little more if UGC lets Vinney do it then they should allow anybody to do live broadcasts subject to league admin approval.

VinnytheBoss
04-02-2008, 04:49 AM
82694']But wouldn't that open the door for the two clans being broadcast being able to use the live show to their advantage?

To clarify a little more if UGC lets Vinney do it then they should allow anybody to do live broadcasts subject to league admin approval.
lets get one thing straight...vinny the boss is not just anyone....

it should be The Vinny the Boss Show...featuring whoever.

Skillet
04-02-2008, 05:05 AM
lets get one thing straight...vinny the boss is not just anyone....

it should be The Vinny the Boss Show...featuring whoever.

Exactly, LOL I seriously doubt either clan is going to be listening to Vinny then relaying what they hear via Ventrillo to their clan mates I mean seriously, maybe if their was prize money, but this is Fortress Forever, we have 1 to 2 servers active.

Skillet

Vicious
04-02-2008, 01:57 PM
I see 82's concerns but I'm still gonna stand with skillet and vinny on this. It's for the greater cause and it would be kinda spiffy. Not to mention most of us are playing our matches at the same time as these broadcasts anyways. He'll only be able to do what? 1 a week? We'll have to have like a "broadcasted" match that gets played on like Tuesdays or some shit and, sadly, GF won't be able to be in them.

Dr.Satan
04-02-2008, 02:37 PM
yeah idk if I'm able to do that...I will have to check with the higher ups as that rule is a UGC rule not an FF rule.

[AE] 82694
04-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Ok look I agree with you guys doing I already stated that. But the process has to be considered carefully for UGC. Vinny I know you have some status or what ever from your TFC days and are well known and the show will be good for FF.

You see I never got to hear of you because I ran into some real life issues and didn't get back into gaming until 2005 then stayed with HL2 DM until FF came out. So your not all that Legendary to me. I'm not trying to start a flame war or take away from what your trying to do. I just think it should proceed with caution and put rules in place for it. If they allow you to spectate your Broad cast should have a 30 sec delay just to keep everybody Honest and leave any doubts out.

With peoples prejudices from your clans tainted past the 30 sec delay would be the wise thing to do. I

Credge
04-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Just a protip: I've been DJ'ng online since about 2004.

Skillet
04-02-2008, 08:46 PM
Credge cool, maybe you can help Vinny setting up his stuff? Like is winamp shoutcast good for djing and then steaming live?

Skillet

Credge
04-02-2008, 09:14 PM
I used shoutcast for DJ'ng but I've never done live streaming video. I've been looking into it today and have only found sub-par results :|.

DISASSEMBLER
04-02-2008, 11:56 PM
Delay the broadcast to match the Source TV delay.

SSCUJO
04-03-2008, 12:51 PM
yea i could see this casuing alot of problems, i would love to hear vinny commentating, it would be funny as hell. but it has to be said that people will arguee against it, especially if he is commentating on his own matches. Fellas use a ventrillo server, and he could just as easily tie himself into the vent and the shoutcast, so that his clan mates hear everything live... this really has to be thought out carefully to take everything into consideration.

orrrrrrrrrrr we could try to figure out whats wrong with sourcetv and its insane lag, and he could just broadcast from that... with the time delay, like everyone else, so that no one complains.

Vicious
04-03-2008, 12:52 PM
I don't think he'd be doing his own matches... He'll be playing in them.

Dr.Satan
04-03-2008, 02:19 PM
The problem is that he doesn't really have to be watching his own...if he's broadcasting live...anyone with vent or TS can relay the info to their team. Some sort of delay would be necessary...

Vicious
04-03-2008, 02:52 PM
I think that's a little extreme but I've never argued with the delay, only that I don't think he could cheat in his own matches like everyone's saying.

[AE] 82694
04-03-2008, 03:06 PM
Who has said he would cheat in his own matches? If I implied that my wording was wrong. But I agree with the admins that "The Broadcast" should be delayed to take the temptation of anybody trying to use it for their advantage away.

So far the only thing to work out from what I can see are two things,

1) How the delay will work.
2) getting permission from both clans involved in the match to be broadcast live.

VinnytheBoss
04-03-2008, 05:11 PM
:evil:if teams dont agree ill stab the leader in the face wit a soldering iron:evil:

Vicious
04-03-2008, 06:16 PM
What if their name is Joe Dirt?

Circuitous
04-03-2008, 07:47 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to get someone who isn't actively clanning to do this?

I mean... that solves all the problems.

EquilibriuM
04-03-2008, 09:07 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to get someone who isn't actively clanning to do this?

I mean... that solves all the problems.
no that wouldnt do shit who's to say someone doesnt talk to him and get him to jump in their vent its the internet trust noone.

Circuitous
04-03-2008, 09:24 PM
So basically you're saying don't do it at all.

SSCUJO
04-03-2008, 09:44 PM
i agree with EQ, even if i commentated on a match between two clans that nobody cared about, somebody would inveribally accuse the winner of cheating. every clan has a few members who always feel this way.

the best way to solve the problem is to not make the commentating live, give the commentator the same delay as sourcetv spectators.

mervaka
04-03-2008, 11:02 PM
can i also raise a point here about the technical quality of commentary? :p

pc mics are shit. the rode podcaster is a broadcast mic with a usb interface built in. its perfect for this stuff.

hell, its even covered in the cheapo white apple iPlastic

http://www.dv247.com/invt/35480/

VinnytheBoss
04-04-2008, 12:54 AM
the mic i have isnt shit...my mic sounds awesome...i have done broadcasting for pwnage tv and the mic I use now rapes..

and honeestly...how the fuck am i gonna help any team out??? I am gonna be too busy trying to talk about whats going on in the match...as far as what the defense setup is and what not...

just make the "MOTW" broadcasted and done on lets say a thursday night..give it a delay and vwa lah....jerk offs

Circuitous
04-04-2008, 02:53 AM
Really I don't care if you do it, and while you're doing it you're also piped live directly to the clans in the match and they can hear every word. It's not like anything a team can do is going to be a quantifiable surprise for more than five seconds.

This isn't CS, where a player can hide and do some damage on an unsuspecting player, this is two guys persistently running into three guys who are pretty much always in the exact same position as they were last run.

Clanplay sounds real exciting when reduced to its base components.

Dr.Satan
04-04-2008, 05:20 AM
It's really not though and there is enough that it is a concern...either the broadcasting needs to be delayed to the public (ie: What vinny is saying isn't heard for at least 1min) or what vinny is watching needs to be delayed.

It's essentially like having a wall hack if it's live...if I'm in TS / vent I can tell my O guy that blah defender just went for resup and to go that way...that's one of a million different possibilities for how you could exploit this.

Bottom line is that it wont happen for UGC unless he can delay it one way or another.

VinnytheBoss
04-04-2008, 06:01 AM
1 minute delay is no problem.

Skillet
04-04-2008, 07:43 AM
Im sure shoutcast can put in a 1 minute delay, anyone here with experience in shoutcast? He should be in game spectating, source TV is horrid.

Vinny, that is a great idea, MOTW. I am sure everybody would download that mp3, we should save the shows so we can archive this. It's going to be big, we just need to get it rolling.

Please anyone that knows about how to work shoutcast and broadcast and delay it please pm me or Vinny in irc, #kbn or #goodfellas.

Skillet

squeek.
04-04-2008, 10:00 AM
I'll be tuning in.

Vicious
04-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Now for the big question, how are we gonna do it without interfering with his schedule? I really think it's nice of him to volunteer his time and services, but I want to hear his broadcasts too! If he has to play at the same time as broadcast, that's kinda rough on him, neh ;P.

My vote is for a match to be selected either by Vinny or the UGC as the "match of the week" or whatever and have it a day before or a day after so Vinny can call it without any worries on his mind of who has to play for his team or anything like that. Thoughts?

Dr.Satan
04-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Well you all are free to reschedule, so I don't see why not.

I think that would be up to vinny and the leaders of that match, but it sounds fine by me.

SSCUJO
04-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Vinny would have to be watching in SourceTV with the delay. and thats a problem becuase SourceTV is horrible right now.

if Vinny is commentating on a match live, even if the shout cast is delayed by one minute he could be tied into a vent for another team so that they hear it as soon as he says it.

now he obviously wouldn't be doing this commentating on his own teams matches, but there is reason enough to manipulate a game vs. 2 clans that are not his own. he could potentially help a team he wants to face in the finals, or manipulate the results so that a certian clan will play another clan later down the road.

i want to make CLEAR that im not specifically tlaking about Vinny, he's a great guy, I'm tlaking aobut ANYONE invovled in a UGC clan trying to commentate live on UGC games. No matter who you choose that person would have something to gain.

someone deeply invovled in UGC but not in a clan such as Squeek would be a great canadate for this. but as i said, Specating in a match live, in my eyes will lead to debate and acusations.

Vicious
04-04-2008, 05:16 PM
I dunno. I think we're taking this wayyyyy too seriously. We're not playing for money or anything. This is just supposed to be fun, right? Competition is fun. Why would someone go to such lengths for a slight advantage? I just don't get it.

Dr.Satan
04-04-2008, 05:38 PM
people do though that's just plain truth.

I agree, and he could so it would probably be fine to be live and have him spec from sourceTV with the already 5min delay in there. idk we can figure all this out I'm sure.

Vicious
04-04-2008, 05:40 PM
The problem is the lag associated with the source tv. It's fuckin ridiculous. You're literally watching frame by frame.

[AE] 82694
04-04-2008, 05:41 PM
After some of their team having a little break from league play, I don't think (I really hope not) any of the goodfellas would risk being banned again for something like that.

The issue of cheating is there no matter who does a broadcast. So take vinny out of the equation for few moments and base your replies on anybody broad casting.

But I think that some basic broad cast rules should be put into the UGC 5v and that part should be discussed in the UGC forums.

Also since this seems like it is going to happen Don't get all butt hurt if somebody else decides to broadcast also.

Skillet
04-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Guys this initially was just a exclusive to KBN matches with Vinny broadcasting, not sure where the other clans thought he would broadcast their matches as well. You will have to contact the Boss for that.

I have talked to Vinny and have met his terms and conditions. Winamp shoutcast with 1 minute delay, Vinny live spectating in spectator, not sourceTV is what we will do. Their is no way someone can broadcast a match watching sourceTV it is frame by frame as said above.

I would like to get a pickup broadcasted first so we can test everything out with the Boss himself.

Skillet

Gator-
04-04-2008, 07:58 PM
shoutcast with 1 minute delay

I'm not saying cheating/ghosting will happen, but lets be real. The 1 minute delay in winamp still doesn't solve the problem. The same key that is used to broadcast can go directly into Ventrilo, live and ready to give a team an advantage.

SSCUJO
04-04-2008, 08:03 PM
that is exactly what i've been saying this entire time... thank you gator.

Skillet
04-04-2008, 08:46 PM
He wouldn't be doing his own matches, so your saying were going to have a conspiracy where Vinny helps out other teams in the league with info? LOL

Skillet
04-04-2008, 08:51 PM
The only people holding FF from breaking out is the paranoid base of players like you guys, who would want to start playing competitively if you got a bunch of guys worrying about conspiracy theories and such instead of having a fun time and listening to broadcasts.

Dr.Satan
04-04-2008, 08:54 PM
He wouldn't be doing his own matches, so your saying were going to have a conspiracy where Vinny helps out other teams in the league with info? LOL

it's not exactly far fetched...not saying Vinny would, but seeing as you have an exclusive thing going on or whatever, it does add to the concern.

Also if your planing on doing it for UGC you will need approval from the opposing team:

3.6. Spectators in the server are not allowed unless agreed by both teams. Please password the server and admonish those not in the game to refrain from joining in. However, you must reserve one slot for an admin spectator as stated in 3.2 above.

http://ugcleague.com/rules_ff5.cfm#3

And TBH if I were a leader I would be stipulating the same things being discussed here so might want to hash that out sooner rather then later.

Skillet
04-04-2008, 08:56 PM
So what you guys are saying, let me get this straight is Vinny is going to tie in his live broadcasts that are delayed by 1 minute, to vent of another team. Then that team will know where everyone is etc.

Why would that one team we are talking about in theory just wallhack instead of having to go through all this trouble and get this relay information from Vinny mid game mind you and listen to their own comms at the same time. I mean on sourceTV them knowing where the other team is coming and a wallhack would look the same.

Skillet
04-04-2008, 08:57 PM
I am doing this only for KBN because I have met his terms and conditions, it is not like Vinny has time to broadcast anyones matches that asks him.

Dr.Satan
04-04-2008, 09:01 PM
So what you guys are saying, let me get this straight is Vinny is going to tie in his live broadcasts that are delayed by 1 minute, to vent of another team. Then that team will know where everyone is etc.

Why would that one team we are talking about in theory just wallhack instead of having to go through all this trouble and get this relay information from Vinny mid game mind you and listen to their own comms at the same time. I mean on sourceTV them knowing where the other team is coming and a wallhack would look the same.

Because IF you are wall hacking we will find out and you will be banned...it's a lot easier to track a wallhack then it is to track someone talking to someone through vent or TS.

Skillet
04-04-2008, 09:04 PM
I disagree, it would look the same and couldn't really be distinguised between a wallhack and listening to someone live telling you where people are coming from.

Also any other clan is welcome to ask Vinny to broadcast their matches, as I said this is exclusive, as of right now, no other clan has a deal on the table with Vinny, you are welcome to contact him and work something out, no skin off my back.

Skillet

[AE] 82694
04-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Fuck me open your eyes bro. For one how could you trace/confirm a Vent/teamspeak broad cast? Seconded wall hacks are viewable from demo's.
Apples and oranges here.

Now what about the fact that KBN and Goodfellas are sister/affiliate Clans?
Thats cause for suspicion right there.

One last thing Vinney is a great guy from what I know of him, but you might want to walk a few steps behind him instead of on his heals. Because if he makes a sudden stop you gonna have to have your head surgically removed from his ass.

Dr.Satan
04-04-2008, 09:12 PM
I disagree, it would look the same and couldn't really be distinguised between a wallhack and listening to someone live telling you where people are coming from.

I'm sorry but you are just plain wrong...players who hack(even good ones) have slight tells that are pretty easy to find if your looking for them when they are watching a player move through a wall...hearing someone say "OMG here comes blah in blah way," is a lot different then actually watching the person coming up.

An idea of when a person is coming is only a slight advantage b/c there are still...walls...in the way and you can't SEE them coming. But it is a big enough advantage that it could potentially happen. AND even if it is only a 1 in 1mil. chance someone would do it...that right there is enough that I wouldn't want it allowed without certain stipulations.

Also you are not the first...I spoke to Vinny already about UGC officially endorsing the broadcasts when he first posted about them.

I'm going to leave it at that b/c this is swiftly becoming an argument and I don't really want to get that far into it, but you are wrong.

VinnytheBoss
04-04-2008, 09:20 PM
I wont mind broadcastin for any clans... I dont think it should be a certain set of clans...I think it should just be a MOTW of any clans...if KBN wants a private session of shoutcasting thats not a problem either way...

Also, I know you guys arent accusing me however lets get realistic...I think if there was a 2-3 minute delay it wouldnt be a problem...even 1 minute i mean come on

Circuitous
04-04-2008, 09:41 PM
If both teams agree to let Vinny spectate and broadcast simultaneously, then both clans are acknowledging the risk that the other team has Vinny broadcasting directly to them in realtime, and they're fine with it. This fits with UGC's rules, and if a clan doesn't feel like it's worth the risk being spectated live then they can just say no.

How, exactly, is this a problem?

This is being blown way out of proportion and I don't know why.

Skillet
04-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Me neither cicritious. This is a great opportunity for the community to get huge recognition possible from CPL and most are hating on it. Lets get real here. Yes we are friends with goodfellas, but it is not like we talk about strategies and exchange info like that.

[AE] 82694
04-04-2008, 10:41 PM
This is being blown way out of proportion and I don't know why.

cause we are all a bunch of bitches with nothing better to do but bitch?:lol:

But you brought simplicity back to it. If both clans agree then they forfeit the right to any disputes.

Case Closed IMO.

Skillet
04-04-2008, 10:44 PM
82694']

One last thing Vinney is a great guy from what I know of him, but you might want to walk a few steps behind him instead of on his heals. Because if he makes a sudden stop you gonna have to have your head surgically removed from his ass.

How dare someone congratulate a player in this game, it is filled with so many haters, hate hate hate on people, when someone shows some respect and congratulates another player they jump on him for being nice?

Circuitous
04-04-2008, 10:55 PM
In fairness, you have been e-fellating him lately.

Nothing wrong with giving props but you've started about four or five threads on his account. Even one is too many, except under certain circumstances. You gotta consider how it looks to everyone else.

Vicious
04-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Really it sounded fine by me until you started going on and on about your "exclusive agreement" and "noone's brought anything to the table for Vinny" which makes it sound more like an advantage for KBN.

Now before you start PMSing at me, remember I've been for it from the beginning. You're just shooting yourself in the foot every time you click "post".

SSCUJO
04-04-2008, 11:36 PM
yea if i was the other team i would be worried aobut this 'exclusive aggreement'

not the best words for KBN to be using...

VinnytheBoss
04-04-2008, 11:44 PM
fuckin skillet lol

Dr.Satan
04-04-2008, 11:57 PM
/raises hand:

Guys this initially was just a exclusive to KBN matches with Vinny broadcasting, not sure where the other clans thought he would broadcast their matches as well. You will have to contact the Boss for that.

I have talked to Vinny and have met his terms and conditions. Winamp shoutcast with 1 minute delay, Vinny live spectating in spectator, not sourceTV is what we will do. Their is no way someone can broadcast a match watching sourceTV it is frame by frame as said above.

I would like to get a pickup broadcasted first so we can test everything out with the Boss himself.

Skillet

it's not exactly far fetched...not saying Vinny would, but seeing as you have an exclusive thing going on or whatever, it does add to the concern.

Pretty sure I said exclusive, he just said he's the only one that met vinny's "terms."

Just wanted to make sure that was clear.

SSCUJO
04-05-2008, 12:02 AM

Also any other clan is welcome to ask Vinny to broadcast their matches, as I said this is exclusive, as of right now, no other clan has a deal on the table with Vinny, you are welcome to contact him and work something out, no skin off my back.

Skillet

thats the quote that made me feel that KBN was hiring vinny to do this...

altohugh the other posts had horrible wording aswell.

Skillet
04-05-2008, 12:32 AM
Please don't associate my clan brothers with this, It is all me, so if you attack anyone attack me. Yes I am meeting Vinny's terms and conditions so he may broadcast some of our matches, it is a very exciting opportunity for us as a clan and Fortress Forever as a community.

Skillet

Credge
04-05-2008, 12:56 AM
Yes I am meeting Vinny's terms and conditions

Hey Vinny, don't forget the Garlic Bread, alright?.

Hey Vinny, I've got the Canollies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKDxNwIDKV4&feature=related

Skillet
04-05-2008, 01:01 AM
thx for posting that video Credge.

Vicious
04-05-2008, 05:06 PM
So you got him a company car? A different "broad" to "fuck" every night?

Or did they cut you with a hedge trimmer? How often do you sneak in that basement window that's behind him in most of his videos?

Skillet
04-05-2008, 05:29 PM
Very funny Vicious, all I will say is his terms and conditions have been met, my mouthpiece is sealed, its the Italian way, even though I am not Italian, I have very much respect for him.

Skillet

bokko
04-05-2008, 11:32 PM
Skillet, your recent forum activity would suggest that you're pleasuring yourself to Vinny's youtube videos, which you probably have in high quality versions. And judging by the way Vinny is flirting with the camera in said videos he himself is probably doing the same thing. Unless he is sleeping with the guy holding the camera.

elwood
04-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Skillet, your recent forum activity would suggest that you're pleasuring yourself to Vinny's youtube videos, which you probably have in high quality versions. And judging by the way Vinny is flirting with the camera in said videos he himself is probably doing the same thing. Unless he is sleeping with the guy holding the camera.

that guy holding the camera is "muscles marinara".

VinnytheBoss
04-06-2008, 07:21 AM
And judging by the way Vinny is flirting with the camera in said videos he himself is probably doing the same thing. Unless he is sleeping with the guy holding the camera.

what the fuck does that even mean?

squeek.
04-06-2008, 07:32 AM
Bokko is not impressed.

Dr.Satan
04-06-2008, 08:42 AM
what the fuck does that even mean?

I think he's trying to say that skillet has more then just a man crush on you or something.

Skillet
04-06-2008, 03:49 PM
Yeah of course, I am straight bro and am comfortable with myself, but you guys seem to be on the homophobic side. Its all cool.

Skillet