PDA

View Full Version : Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nezumi
03-11-2008, 10:13 AM
Now that the game's out, there should be a new thread to replace the anticipatory thread. :)
Everyone post your codes!

Fried codes:
Nezumi: 0688-4971-3591
GeoKill: 4468-0666-0609
Dragonjojo: 4425-1274-0814
Constipated Zombie: 1762-4297-8696

To find your code: Connect to Nintendo WFC in ssbb, go to 'with friends' then 'friend roster'

So, Brawl is awesome. Seriously.

Me and my friend spent all sunday and monday playing. We've got all the characters unlocked. The Subspace Emmisary is REALLY long. Some of the boss fights (including the last one) are kinda retarded but it was pretty neat anyway.

Most importantly, except for his down+B getting nerfed, falco is almost entirely the same. You can't fall so quickly by pressing down in the air, which takes some getting used to, but Falco still rules. I'm also happy because Lucario is AWESOME. I mean, seriously awesome. I love playing Lucario. Pokechu trainer is good, although charizard is a little lame, Meta Knight is great. ROB is superb. Ice Pirates seem the same except that they're a lot stronger (I think), which is good. The game does seem a little better balanced than the last Smash, thank god. There's a bunch more characters I'm going to have to play more, especially characters I wished were better from previous games like Link and Luigi.

I just miss poor poor Dr. Mario :cry:

uBeR
03-11-2008, 03:51 PM
OK. I used to play Smash Bros for N64 all the time. Lets just say I couldn't be beaten when I was Samus. But it was pretty much one of the best games ever made, probably a top 5 N64 game. I played a little bit of the Smash Bros for Game Cube, but not really.

Playing for the Wii, I realized they totally downgraded Samus (probably because they knew I owned with her so much). But they totally raped Samus. She's not even worth playing anymore. You lose your suit when you do your special and you basically become useless. Plus you when you get another after going zero suit, you only get your suit back and no attack. Lame. Also, even a fully charged blast doesn't do much damage anymore. Lame.

Ike is pretty good though.

Desyphur
03-11-2008, 03:56 PM
My god Luigi is so awesome. I mainly played him, Snake and Ike.

I enjoyed Samus though, she still had some power in her suit with her smashes. But I just didn't how to pay ZSS

Etzell
03-11-2008, 05:36 PM
I really like Snake. I'm slightly upset that you don't get as much air control after a dodge, but that's just something I'll have to get used to.

Anyone else find Wiimote+Nunchuk to be an outstanding controller scheme?

Everything
03-11-2008, 06:32 PM
I need to get a Wii, and this game. Seriously. :cry:

Desyphur
03-11-2008, 06:33 PM
I really like Snake. I'm slightly upset that you don't get as much air control after a dodge, but that's just something I'll have to get used to.

I used the gamecube controller. =/

Anshinritsumai
03-11-2008, 08:32 PM
I need to get a Wii, and this game. Seriously. :cry:

Indeed I concur =/

Dr.Satan
03-11-2008, 08:42 PM
Indeed I concur =/

I have a wii, but no money I have to wait til I go to my little brothers house on thursday to play :cry:

But yes, yes you both do...the wii is awesome!

Everything
03-11-2008, 09:16 PM
I have a wii, but no money I have to wait til I go to my little brothers house on thursday to play :cry:

But yes, yes you both do...the wii is awesome!

I just don't have any money, i'ma poor!
Birfday is 4 months away D:

Nezumi
03-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Arg! The stupid LCD tv I have the wii hooked up to has a delay in it, so all the controller inputs lag by like 1/8 of a second. This makes smash totally unplayable.

Is there any other solution besides dragging my 8-ton tv up from the garage?

Jiggles
03-12-2008, 02:39 AM
Try looking for a "game" mode on the TV. Otherwise, you're probably screwed unless you care to buy an expensive pre-processing box.

For anyone that is curious, see here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input_lag) and here (http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=558125).

GeoKill----->
03-12-2008, 02:33 PM
The Pikmin guy sucks so bad.

Link got Nerfed :(
Snake is good.
Gamecube control ftw
Friend Code - 4468-0666-0609

Jiggles
03-12-2008, 06:06 PM
Also, make sure you are running in the Wii's highest output resolution (I think that's 480p?) mode (w/ component cables), because upconverting from 480i can add some delay as well.

Firefox11
03-12-2008, 11:54 PM
Lucky you guys. It'll be a few months before Brawl gets to Europe.

But well, we will get two games earlier to compensate! The... bleh. Mediocre and unpopular Mario Kart, which got a sequel for the Wii, it seems they want to kill the console; and THE BEST GAME EVER!! WII FIT!! AWESOMENESS!! </sarcasm>

;D

Jiggles
03-13-2008, 12:16 AM
Mario Kart seems pretty popular around here. I liked the Super Nintendo version, but I haven't been a big fan of the subsequent ones.

GeoKill----->
03-13-2008, 04:06 AM
Post your Friend Codes

Desyphur
03-13-2008, 04:39 PM
I don't has one.

Pikmin guy was FUN, but yeah...weak. His UP B was AMAZING though.

GeoKill----->
03-13-2008, 06:30 PM
You don't have your Wii connected to the internet? If you do then you do have a friend code.

Jiggles
03-13-2008, 06:51 PM
I'll get mine when I get a chance, but I've been real busy lately. Maybe next week or something.

SizeableSSonic
03-13-2008, 07:09 PM

Without a doubt. It feels good to be able to move your two hands about freely, while still having the feeling of a gamepad.

I still mainly play Kirby, but I find Meta Knight, R.O.B., and Snake to be all excellent characters as well.

Anthraxium[WU]
03-13-2008, 11:50 PM
You don't have your Wii connected to the internet? If you do then you do have a friend code.

he doesn't have a Wii is what he's trying to say.

Desyphur
03-14-2008, 04:35 AM

Yhr post above it correct. I played Brawl on a friends Wii. Therefore, no code ;)

GeoKill----->
03-14-2008, 04:40 AM
Ah that sucks, I need more people to brawl with

Desyphur
03-14-2008, 04:45 AM
Yea

I'd love to kick yer ass.

Everything
03-15-2008, 04:55 PM
In about 3-4 months, I'll be your brawl friend. :(

SoBe Green
03-15-2008, 05:04 PM
I hated that Melee was insanely unbalanced. Brawl brought out more balance but still left the Fire Emblem boys with a little too much bang. I'm glad Link was downgraded. In Melee you could win a match as Link almost without looking at the screen. Every other move he had attacked from both front and back not to mention his Down+A and Up+A were outrageously strong.

<3 Captain Falcon

Jiggles
03-15-2008, 05:53 PM
I'm not a huge fan of "ranking" characters, but, based on votes and tourney play, this is how many people ranked them in SSBM:

Top Tier:

Fox
Falco

High Tier:

Sheik
Marth
Peach

Middle Tier:

Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Samus
Doctor Mario
Jigglypuff
Mario
Ganondorf

Low Tier:

Link
Luigi
Donkey Kong
Roy
Young Link
Pikachu

Bottom Tier:

Yoshi
Zelda
Mr. Game and Watch
Ness
Bowser
Kirby
Pichu
Mewtwo

I'd dispute some of that, but I think some of it is pretty accurate as well. Of course, a good player playing a supposedly "bad" character will stomp on a mediocre player playing any character.

Desyphur
03-15-2008, 07:28 PM
I agree with that...for Melee. Brawl is about like this.

Medium Tier: Everyone.

uBeR
03-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Ike owns, mmk.

Desyphur
03-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Ike owns, mmk.

Yes. Yes he does.

Jiggles
03-15-2008, 08:45 PM
I was surprised how good Snake is. He's got great reach for how fast he is.

Credge
03-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Olimar needs a down B attack. The pikmin always come back to you anyway, so calling them back doesn't do much of anything.

They also don't pick up items, or atleast, don't do it enough (I've never seen one pick them up).

His whip needs adjustable angle as well. As an attack it's almost useless. As a saving tool it's great.

While he's got great spike damage (he can get you to 75% quicker than any other character)... he doesn't have enough range or heavy hitting capability to do much with it.

He'd be a great team mate with, say, Bowser, ROB, or Dedede... but as a stand alone character he lacks punch.

uBeR
03-15-2008, 09:30 PM
Also, whoever put Ness on the bottom is a fool. He owns, plus his special is probably the best in the game.

Desyphur
03-16-2008, 12:35 AM
Also, whoever put Ness on the bottom is a fool. He owns, plus his special is probably the best in the game.

That's for SSBM, not brawl.

Credge
03-16-2008, 12:59 AM
I've always found Fox to be a scrub character. The only reason people used him were for the exploits. I use the term losely, of course.

Desyphur
03-17-2008, 03:45 AM
Ike will rape your face. I discovered this.

He is now my favorite character.

Jiggles
03-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Oddly enough, toon link is also really good.

Dr.Satan
03-17-2008, 07:03 PM
dude...ness rapes in SSBM and SSBB...if you know how to use him, he's next to impossible to knock off and his up B is rape for knocking people off and keeeping them from hitting the edge...add the bat and it's pure win!

Also I think link should have gone higher up on your list for SSBM Jiggles.

Either way both games fucking rock!

GeoKill----->
03-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Mr.Game and Watch is pretty usefull right now. I think I found a new favorite character

Jiggles
03-18-2008, 02:48 AM
dude...ness rapes in SSBM and SSBB...if you know how to use him, he's next to impossible to knock off and his up B is rape for knocking people off and keeeping them from hitting the edge...add the bat and it's pure win!

Also I think link should have gone higher up on your list for SSBM Jiggles.

Either way both games fucking rock!Yeah it wasn't really my list though. It was made mainly by tournament players.

Certain characters have flaws or advantages that just don't matter at most levels of play, but at the "top" they can be pivotal.

Mr.Game and Watch is pretty usefull right now. I think I found a new favorite character
Yeah, he's at least 100% better in Brawl :)

Desyphur
03-18-2008, 05:57 AM
Oddly enough, toon link is also really good.

I only play Dark Toon Link and Dark Link :D

And yeah, they're really good.

fireb0rn
03-19-2008, 01:17 AM
Olimar needs a down B attack. The pikmin always come back to you anyway, so calling them back doesn't do much of anything.

people have found a use for it, since it gives heavy armor. for a certain period of time while using it you won't be able to be knocked back. since there's not much lag afterwards (I think, haven't played much olimar) you can run in, take a punch then attack or grab and setup a combo from there. but its intended mechanic is pretty useless yeah.

Nezumi
03-19-2008, 12:00 PM
I'll start posting people's ssbb codes in the first post. Remember, we need the code that smash gives you, not your wii's code. (to get your ssbb code just connect wile playing, and you can find your code in those menus)

The tiers that Jiggles posted looked about right, but Dr. Mario and Peach should probably be switched.

You people saying link got nerfed are crazy. Link was way way too slow for really competitive play in melee. He seems much better now, aside from his weaker up+b.

I still like lucario, although it's really annoying that all 3 of his smashes have at least a slight delay on them. It's really hard to finish a combo with one unless you can bounce someone off a wall or something. His air moves kick ass though. Also, I wish that ANY of the pokemon trainer pokemon had usefull b moves (besides their recovery moves, which are all right). Despite having 9 moves, they seem to have a distinct lack of utility. At least you can avoid damage by jumping back into the pokeball. :confused:

Desyphur
03-19-2008, 03:04 PM
I hate Lucario. He has...in my opinion, other than Falco/Fox/Wolf, the number one most annoying Final Smash ever.

Jiggles
03-19-2008, 04:48 PM
Annoying as in good, or annoying as in bad?

Anyway, NEEdS MOR LANDMASTER!!!1one

Credge
03-19-2008, 05:55 PM

Both.

Etzell
03-19-2008, 11:12 PM

Anyway, NEEdS MOR LANDMASTER!!!1one
...Ahem.

Fuck the Landbastard.

That is all.

Agent Buckshot Moose
03-19-2008, 11:17 PM
King Dedede will "roxor your soxors," as they say.

Suite307
03-20-2008, 09:21 AM
HAMMAR J00R FAISE!1

Dragonjojo
03-20-2008, 03:30 PM
Never really played any of the other smash games before except a couple times at a friends house years and years ago. I picked this up for the wii though and I've been having a blast.
I play as kirby and have a blast playing as him. I've been playing online and it's really fun too. Occasionally some matches are really laggy but I've generally not had much problems with lag. I'm in Florida so you might not want to add me if you're westcoast or something but I'd love for some friends since no one else I know plays the games.

4425-1274-0814

GeoKill----->
03-20-2008, 07:24 PM
I played with a friend last night who is in Cali and I kicked his butt big time but he said he was lagging really bad.

Credge
03-20-2008, 07:54 PM
I played with a friend last night who is in Cali and I kicked his butt big time but he said he was lagging really bad.

Lag seems to trade off from player to player. I have a group of friends that play and every third or fourth game I get lag. The rest are fine. When one of them lags, I don't.

Agent Buckshot Moose
03-21-2008, 03:29 PM

You need to friend me so I do not have to await registration any longer!

GeoKill----->
03-21-2008, 06:21 PM
I did
I think you need to friend me

Agent Buckshot Moose
03-21-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm pretty sure I did friend the right code. I need to double-check it at some point.

Dragonjojo
03-24-2008, 03:25 PM
Nezumi and Geo I added you guys. My FC is
4425-1274-0814

If anyone else has a FC I would enjoy some friends to play with.

GeoKill----->
03-24-2008, 07:21 PM
Cool, I'll add you up latter

GeoKill----->
03-26-2008, 05:37 AM
Ah wth, who unsticky this?

Circuitous
03-26-2008, 06:41 AM
This was stickied?

Skanky Butterpuss
03-26-2008, 08:28 PM
i unstickied this. no reason for it to be a sticky :rolleyes:

GeoKill----->
03-26-2008, 09:20 PM
No reason? This is SSBB!! lol

Skanky Butterpuss
03-28-2008, 07:58 AM
even if it was sparta, i would have unstickied it.

GeoKill----->
03-28-2008, 12:47 PM
You whore

Nezumi
03-29-2008, 01:38 AM
Do you need people's Wii number as well as their ssbb number?

I should post mine. There should be a sticky in this forum with everyone's wii numbers. Hey... there's an idea.

Anyway, what's everyone's best stadium records?

Me and a friend managed to get 5194 ft in the home run contest with Gannondorf and Yoshi, and I can beat target smash 5 in 15.98 seconds as Falco. Actually, we managed to get 5299ft, but stupidly didn't get a replay of it. I can send some replays to anyone who wants them :)

GeoKill----->
03-29-2008, 06:41 PM
No, you only need the ssbb number but I think both users have to add each other but yeah we should make one with everyones Friend Codes to be sticky

Dragonjojo
03-29-2008, 09:55 PM
Yes both people have to add each others brawl code then you have to both be online at the same time before it goes from awaiting to registration to either online or offline

Nezumi
04-01-2008, 05:51 AM
I think you need to be Wii friends before it'll let you swap demos.

I got 11.73 in target smash 5, btw. :)

I saw a video on youtube of 2 people getting 21000+ ft in the home run contest though, and I don't think I'm ever going to beat that.

Agent_W
04-01-2008, 11:30 PM
I always played with Fox back on the N64. His speed was amazing and he's nimble to dodge anything and everything. I don't know how he will be in Brawl but I don't think he will change much from Melee.

I don't have a Wii, so I'm sure somebody would tell me about it :-P

Desyphur
04-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Fox is pretty much the same. He's really a good character if you know how to play with him.

But a friend of mine, an avid player of Fox in melee, actually prefers Falco in Brawl.

Agent_W
04-08-2008, 11:51 AM
Fox is pretty much the same. He's really a good character if you know how to play with him.

But a friend of mine, an avid player of Fox in melee, actually prefers Falco in Brawl.

In Melee, Falco is similiar to Fox, but his laspistol fires at a slower rate but it gives a slight kickback or "flinch" to the target, exactly how Fox's pistol is in the first Super Smash.

LOL, you can just spam that pistol then and do 5% each time from afar...cheap way to get kills.

Damascus
04-09-2008, 02:40 AM
In Melee, Falco is similiar to Fox, but his laspistol fires at a slower rate but it gives a slight kickback or "flinch" to the target, exactly how Fox's pistol is in the first Super Smash.

LOL, you can just spam that pistol then and do 5% each time from afar...cheap way to get kills.
Then the opponent is too stupid to know how to jump, since you can't aim the gun.

Agent_W
04-09-2008, 04:10 AM
But there's a trick to the pistol: whenever the opponent "flinches", it brings about a little more time for the blaster to fire another shot. But yeah, you can still jump if you're not the type that's fazed easily by cheap shots! :)

Desyphur
04-09-2008, 10:16 PM

Then there's the airdodge...

fireb0rn
04-11-2008, 06:29 AM
you can just short hop double laser with falco, which makes it rather hard to dodge, and if they do airdodge towards you they will usually be left wide open. projectiles in brawl are hilarious lol :|, I think all the top five characters in terms of tournaments won have strong projectile games (wolf, falco, rob, snake, though MK is an exception).

Desyphur
04-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Snake is basically all projectiles when you think about it. Though your list is missing Marth/Ike.

Credge
04-12-2008, 04:26 AM
I haven't played Brawl in a while. I still need to finish Subspace and the challenges... sounds like I'll be doing that tonight.

fireb0rn
04-13-2008, 07:19 AM
Snake is basically all projectiles when you think about it. Though your list is missing Marth/Ike.

yeah pretty much, the fact that his grenades are glide tossable (roll and throw at the same time) helps him a lot. also projectile users have an even larger advantage now since it's been discovered that you can redirect your momentum in the air while shooting, though that was probably found out a while back. I think marth has been doing pretty well in the tournaments but Ike just seems to get screwed by a lot of characters. pit, TL, wolf, falco can just spam at him all day then roll or shieldgrab if he comes close, it kind of sucks.

Credge
04-13-2008, 01:42 PM
I've been playing online recently... tons of Ikes and Marths floating around. In fact, the majority of the games I played in had 2 Ikes in it :|. Sadly, they were all pretty terrible.

Damascus
04-15-2008, 04:20 AM
I've been playing online recently... tons of Ikes and Marths floating around. In fact, the majority of the games I played in had 2 Ikes in it :|. Sadly, they were all pretty terrible.
Ike is EXTREMELY newbie friendly, alongside Pit. Marth is now highly played because according to the "official" (I doubt it) guide, Marth scored the highest in all attributes.

Besides, Marth's Final Smash is so dang cheap. However, do a little leap over his head and he's pretty much dead.

GeoKill----->
05-01-2008, 09:37 AM
1st
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/413257
2nd
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/428847

Constipated_Zombie
07-09-2008, 12:27 AM
I'd rather bump this than create a thread saying I request some friends on the wii.

I got access to the internet and realized I needed some friends, I'll post my brawl fc in a bit.

I haven't played online yet, and don't really main anyone specific.
I like Ganondorf, Falco, Wolf, Snake and Ike equally, and play them the most.
I play as Link, Fox, Sonic, Kirby, Zelda, Samus and others every now and then.

GeoKill----->
07-09-2008, 07:04 AM
Add me up, whats your friend code?

Constipated_Zombie
07-09-2008, 05:03 PM
My fc is 1762-4297-8696, and my name is Kenny.

I'll add you and other people later.

Nezumi
07-10-2008, 12:33 AM
Added you to the first post.

I take back what I said about Falco's down+B being nerfed. It definitely has it's advantages. Being ranged, it's a lot easier to work into combos, or to get a quick last hit on someone before they get out of your immediate range. The reflection also lasts way longer than it looks like, so people tend to try to hit you with shit early. The downside is, of course, that it doesn't protect your back anymore.

I get this feeling that I'm going to be playing a lot of this game this weekend.

Circuitous
07-10-2008, 01:31 AM
I'd rather bump this than create a thread saying I request some friends on the wii.

I got access to the internet and realized I needed some friends, I'll post my brawl fc in a bit.

I haven't played online yet, and don't really main anyone specific.
I like Ganondorf, Falco, Wolf, Snake and Ike equally, and play them the most.
I play as Link, Fox, Sonic, Kirby, Zelda, Samus and others every now and then.

There's a Friend Code/XBL/PSN shit thread already up, use it!

Pon
07-10-2008, 02:18 AM
In other news, Nintendo are bastards.

Not only is SSBB released here months after everywhere else, but when it finally is released, my Wii can't read the disc and needs to be sent back to be repaired :(

Balls.

GeoKill----->
07-10-2008, 04:34 AM
lol That happen here as well with a couple ppl

Pon
07-10-2008, 05:07 AM
Yeah, so I heard.

Doesn't stop Nintendo being bastards though :(

tu!
07-10-2008, 05:28 AM
man how can you guys stand cartoon type games. mario issame leauge as pikachu crap and that genre. am i crazy to say games liek this is targetted for really young kids like 10yr old and lower?

GeoKill----->
07-10-2008, 06:29 AM
So far I played with Ostrich and Buck, anyone one else wants to take me on?

Firefox11
07-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Lolz @ Pon xD You are sooooo damn lucky */sarcasm*

Also, tu: you could always play as all the normal, human characters that are not cartoon-ish, i.e.: Marth, Ike, Capt.Falcon, Snake, Link, Pit, Ganondorf, Zelda/Sheik, Samus and even Peach. You would be missing a lot of the fun, but well, everyone has it's tastes.

I'll probably post the FC later, though I am horrible at most games -_-U

Constipated_Zombie
07-10-2008, 02:20 PM
There's a Friend Code/XBL/PSN shit thread already up, use it!

I thought about that, but then I realized this thread had a few fc's on the first post. More effective to post in here.

P.S. Good to see that siggy has returned.

Agent Buckshot Moose
07-20-2008, 01:42 PM
So far I played with Ostrich and Buck, anyone one else wants to take me on?

You can't beat the King.

GeoKill----->
07-20-2008, 04:44 PM
Damn you...

Agent Buckshot Moose
07-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Damn you...

Stay penguined, nub.

Nezumi
09-12-2008, 03:06 AM
This is the best time on this target smash my friend and I could get. I'm Falco, of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ts3blDVoI2Y

The record co-op time is less than 4 seconds, though, so bleh. I think the record single time is with Falco, and also less than 4 seconds.

Here's the record time: http://www.allisbrawl.com/video/video.aspx?id=3214

Desyphur
09-14-2008, 04:05 PM
I don't have my friend code at the moment, through lack of Wifi.

I play Toon Link/Wolf.