PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Live Arcade

Ihmhi
01-11-2008, 10:07 AM
Welp, I scored a 360 Elite for Giftmas. I now have this world of games open to me.

I already know one or two games that I am going to purchase (SOTN FTW!)... I will have no trouble researching and grabbing the older console games if I want to. What I am really interested in here is the games made by small companies that are on Xbox Live Arcade.

What's good?

פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
01-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Halo3...

*runs*

Pon
01-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Hmm, quite a few good games on XBLA... Few of the ones I've enjoyed the most are:

Settlers of Catan
Carcassone
Marble Blast Ultra
Pinball FX
Geometry Wars: RE
Mutant Storm Reloaded
Roboblitz
Boom Boom Rocket
Bomberman Live
Every Extend Extra Extreme

SizeableSSonic
01-11-2008, 11:56 PM
Well, there's Marathon 2.

But of course, there is already Aleph One, so...

Mulchman MM
01-13-2008, 06:20 AM
I wish you luck w/ your 360 and hope you never experience any in-game freezing (where you have to physically restart the system) and certainly any red rings of death.

You'd think that 2 years after releasing the 360 that they would have ironed out all the problems but just this last Friday I sent my 360 in that I purchased in November because it consistently freezes on Guitar Hero 3 and has different issues with several other games.

It's fucking retarded to have to deal with these kind of problems from a console. My only wish is that I would have purchased from a more forgiving dealer like Costco where I could swap my system out with a new one provided they had a new one in stock... but no I bought from Circuit City. Now I'll be waiting a minimum of 3 weeks to most likely get a refurbished unit without HDMI that will fuck up in an even shorter time.

Hawk Eye
01-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Super Puzzle Fighter HD Remix.

'nuff said.

Ihmhi
01-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Many thanks, Mulchman.

First thing I am grabbing is Symphony of the Night, because I love that game. I can get all of the achievments except for "Beat the Inverted Castle with Richter" - now that's a bitch.

There are so many good choices, though - Super Puzzle Fighter? Now we are talkin'!

I tried a demo of Alien Homonid - very faithful to the flash game and funny as all Hell, but it is frustratingly difficult. (That's fine, though. d:)

I don't get what the big deal about Lumines was. It seems like a very, very, very brightly colored Tetris.

A friend of mine is nuts for Settlers of Catan (has two of the board games), so I might grab the demo and try out the XBLA version of it.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys, and keep 'em comin'!

Circuitous
01-15-2008, 10:20 AM
How's SOTN on the XBox?

'Cuz it's fuckin' awesome on the PSP.

Ihmhi
01-15-2008, 08:00 PM
I just played the demo, but it is pretty nice.

Only complaint is the Xbox's D-pad is kinda shitty. I imagine it is going to be a bitch to do the spells in the game...

Circuitous
01-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Same for the PSP, but I put a spacer under the d-pad so that diagonals register better.

Does the XBA version have the new voices?

Ihmhi
01-16-2008, 10:29 AM
Don't think so. It's basically a port that has Antialiasing coded in so the graphics look smoother.

But hey, fuck new voices - I'm all about the old school.

Getting 2,000 Points from a friend on Sunday/Monday, and you and I both know where 800 of those are going. :3

Circuitous
01-16-2008, 04:37 PM
Actually the new voices are really good... plus, you can play as Maria.

Maria is fucking crazy. She's got every move possible, and attacks with birds.