PDA

View Full Version : tell what you guys think so far

o_forz
04-20-2005, 12:56 AM
www.Forztek.com
Still alot of work going on with the lighting.

o_jinx
04-20-2005, 01:04 AM
In terms of layout & gameplay it looks pretty cool. However, the brush detail and texture quality looks more like a Half-Life 1 map in places. I never thought I would have to tell another mapper this but.. use more polies? :wink: It looks a bit too squarish and blocky, like a map for a much older game engine.

o_cudweiser
04-20-2005, 01:05 AM
Looks really good!

IMO, I would remove trees (maybe just a place holder?)...just doesn't seem like it fits the fortress theme...and would lead to furniture hacks (commonly seen in CS..BOOO!). Also the lamps don't seem like they fit the theme either(maybe replaced by poles shooting 15ft FLAMES!! GRRR!) haha..i don't know! Really cool looking map though. You said you are still working on the light...that blue light looks really...I would be happy to see it more throughout the map!!

o_forz
04-20-2005, 01:08 AM
yeah i am pretty sure the light poles are going to come out the textures are all from cs i am working on custom textures. also i know the bridges have crap texture and the screenshot just dont give the maps lightting justice.

o_valk
04-20-2005, 02:09 AM
has alot of potential
remove zee trees~

o_racer
04-20-2005, 04:06 AM
Looks great so far. Leave the trees! The shot with the trees and the shot with the narrow passage with lights are the two most HL2 looking of the screenies.
Cant wait to see the map tweaked more.

o_elvis2049
04-20-2005, 04:13 AM
agrea with the others :)
remove the trees.
the rest looks dope m8 8)

o_geokill----->
04-20-2005, 05:00 AM
Good Job on the map. Trees are cool but they do get in the way

o_kam
04-20-2005, 10:25 AM
trees bad
the rest good

o_dr zauis
04-20-2005, 10:00 PM
Has a lot of work to go...remember this is the source engine and you can really push the limit with maps now. Detail Detail Detail!!! Looks too much like a HL1 map retextured for HL2.

o_sensai
04-20-2005, 10:06 PM
keep the trees. add in a big, full orange moon, with some sharp and dark looking clouds. then, have some kinda thick mist everywhere. to top it off, add some owl sounds to give it that creepy feel.

o_osiris
04-20-2005, 10:55 PM
about the trees: trees do add a bit of styling to the map, but you must remember that the trees dont just look better and stop you from running through them, but they also clip weapons and such as well. A rocket fired from the ground directed at the center bunker could be stopped by the tree, thus giving the sniper an unfair advantage. The same is true for bullets, grenades, concjumpers, etc etc. If you wish to include tree's in your map, place them towards outer edges out of main lines of fire, or better yet, put them attop the cliffs or in the 3Dskybox.