PDA

View Full Version : HELP

Vicious
01-03-2008, 11:24 PM
If someone can answer a large amount of server questions, please give me a shout! My STEAM username is vicious796 and I should be on most of the night.

[AE] 5316 *TKZ*
01-04-2008, 02:10 AM
your best bet would be to ask em here, and let those in the know post replies as they can.

*edit to add: Besides, it might help others in your situation to see some answers to questions.

Dr.Satan
01-04-2008, 02:42 PM
yeah what's going on Vicious...your server was doing well yesterday!

If you have questions, post them here and I'll take a crack at them.

Vicious
01-04-2008, 04:23 PM
lol I had finally got it figured out when you had come in. I read every wiki ever written about server stuff and it's a pain in the ass. Perhaps someone could write a "how to" in this section for sourcemod, all the ins and outs, because I've just got it set up basically. I still haven't adjusted or added any maps to our server than the ones that kube originally had.

Dr.Satan
01-04-2008, 04:31 PM
lol yeah I think that is definitely going need to be a section in the wiki.

Also I have all the map files archived on my computer from the Community Map Pack and would be happy to send you a zip of them to upload onto your server. Just let me know if you want it and I will get it out to ya!

Vicious
01-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I would like to wait until the UGC posts a listing of the required maps to upload anymore.

KubeDawg
01-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Well we could always change to the required rotation when we start getting closer to the league. We need more maps. I'll dl the community map thing tonight and install some on the server.

Dr.Satan
01-04-2008, 05:32 PM
well the released community map pack is an exe so make sure you install to a temporary file. If not your going to have a lot of work getting those maps out.

Also I can promise you that you are going to need a lot of custome maps for the required UGC leage maps list...I have almost completed it, just need to get input from one or two more guys.

Vicious
01-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Ok I'll leave the maps etc to you and I'll do the sm shit lol

KubeDawg
01-04-2008, 08:13 PM
Question about the Map Pack. If I already have a map, does it overwrite it if it's the same name? Or does it ask, or does it also go by file size?

Dr.Satan
01-04-2008, 09:11 PM
It overwrites...no prompting, just does it...I tried to make it promt but for some reason it wouldn't let me make that option available.