PDA

View Full Version : new map ideas

o_flare
04-11-2005, 11:31 PM
king of the hill:

one base. two or four teams, depending on whether you want it to be league or pub play. teams respawn outside of the base at "camps" and rush toward the center base, trying to reach a button/flag/ball/whatever. once the first team reaches it, they gain control of the base and now respawns inside the base and it becomes attack/defend. assault team tries to recapture the button/flag/ball/whatever. defending team gets a point every 10 seconds or so, but if they can hold onto the base for a certain amount of time, map resets and they get 25 points. basically an inverted murderball.

edit - actually, i would further make it more like rock2 in that there's a key and a gas release. so first there'll be a hectic battle where both teams fight for the key, but as soon as someone releases the gas, they have control of the base. getting the key and getting to the gas chamber shouldn't be nearly as difficult as rock2 considering it would be attack/defend at that point.

nuclear (not the old tfc version):

basically, your usual two bases, offenses and defenses, but offense requires at least one demoman. because the objective is not to capture the flag but to plant a det in the nuclear core of the enemy's base. core should be ridiculously hard to get to (ie. totalwar), since you're not required to make an "escape" out of the base. might actually see some scouts on defense just to hide and defuse the det lol.

o_flare
04-11-2005, 11:39 PM
woops my bad, just realized i created the topic in the wrong forum. move if you can, mods.

o_soulcutter
04-12-2005, 01:06 AM
The king of the hill idea sounds pretty cool. Personally I'm not a fan of the gas releasing thing, but definitely could lead to some cool maps.

o_x0rcist
04-12-2005, 01:10 AM
The ultimate 32 player pub map:

Red Team: 1 Scout

Blue Team: 31 Prezes

Map: Open field, no health packs, only ammo and nades (caltrops & concs)

It'd be perfect

o_soulcutter
04-12-2005, 01:37 AM
Omg lol. That would be...AWESOME.

o_yohan1973
05-06-2005, 05:03 PM
Hello all, this is my first post here and I’m very glad to find this place. I’ve done a few small levels for Quake 3 and Halflife TFC. I’ve only done smaller maps since I play with some work buddies during lunch and there are only 6-8 of us any given day. I did one that I called Cornhole and I’m hoping to do an improved version of it for this new mod. It’s a two flag single capture point Arena type of level. Between the two bases there is a hole that each team races to jump into first. The hole looks endless but you get teleported back to your teams side harmlessly once through it. If the opposing team makes it to the hole first while you are in possession of the flag then your flag goes back home. Once in the hole, a timer starts awarding the winning team points until the other team goes back, gets there flag an makes it into the hole. A fat laser-like light emanates from the hole and shins the color of the controlling team. I guess to put it simply it’s “king of the hole instead of king of the hill.

o_fathom
05-06-2005, 09:43 PM
sounds fun, post some screenies when you get some prepared :)

o_ink
05-07-2005, 03:24 AM
The ultimate 32 player pub map:

Red Team: 1 Scout

Blue Team: 31 Prezes

Map: Open field, no health packs, only ammo and nades (caltrops & concs)

It'd be perfect

Damn.......please, someone make this.

It would be interesting if you could somehow implement a point/reward system. Say the scout successful kills off all the presidents - recieves 20 points. The president that manages to kill the scout recieves 10, and the Scout player slot.

o_k9-cop
05-07-2005, 01:28 PM
hehe, 1 scout/31 prezes? Sounds like reverse tag, heh.

o_yohan1973
05-09-2005, 01:51 PM
hehe, 1 scout/31 prezes? Sounds like reverse tag, heh.

It would be supper cool if the president who got the final kill on the scout then became the scout automactically and was awarded points for the durration of time he/she remained the scout.