PDA

View Full Version : Player Models

o_scorpio
01-15-2005, 10:18 PM
When can we expect photos of the Player models or at least just what they will look like? Just wondering.

o_sev
01-15-2005, 10:30 PM
When we get some concepts done, I presume :)

o_damage
01-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Im just wondering what way you will be heading with the models. Will it be more like a quake feel with futuristic type models with bulky looking armour, or more of a realistic attempt like the old/new tfc models.

Tbh i prefer the more futuristic feel when it comes to TFC because it isnt realistic and i dont like looking at stupid models which run like they have a hunchback.

o_psycho_soldier
01-15-2005, 11:19 PM
Im just wondering what way you will be heading with the models. Will it be more like a quake feel with futuristic type models with bulky looking armour, or more of a realistic attempt like the old/new tfc models.

Tbh i prefer the more futuristic feel when it comes to TFC because it isnt realistic and i dont like looking at stupid models which run like they have a hunchback.

I hope they are much like the "new models" in TFC, just alot more detail/better looking.

o_dru(gd)ealer
01-16-2005, 12:03 AM
If you really wanna keep everyone happy, make like three different models for each class.

o_sev
01-16-2005, 12:12 AM
Ok I'll pass on the memo about needing 30 different character models now

Defrag
01-16-2005, 12:13 AM
Or just include £1000 with every download of FF.

o_afx
01-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Personally i hope you can come up with basically an updated version of the old models, i guess you might have an issue with valve if your models are too similiar though :/
I do think though that the old models in tfc are the perfect ones for the mod as you can instantly tell what each class is as they are v different but at the same time theres a common theme running throughout which ties them all together, something i feel the new tfc models lost i.e the hwg just doesnt seem to fit in with the others etc. I could say the same for q3f/etf where the models just dont seem to tie together as a team, i.e the robot ninja looking spy and the sniper wearing a baseball cap, it just doesnt seem to link up and yet at the same time when youre playing its very difficult to distinguise the classes.

Anyway gl and heres hoping you get a good concept artist :)

o_geforce
01-16-2005, 12:13 PM
Seconded!

The old TFC models are superb

o_spud
01-16-2005, 03:12 PM
I take it that at the moment, you have ZERO character concepts?

Defrag
01-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Not zero, but closer to zero than ten. We're still looking for a good concept artist and considering our options.

o_spud
01-16-2005, 03:17 PM
I do concept work for some other mods and work so was thinking of applying.

o_er| `koenig
01-18-2005, 08:58 PM
this is going to be so sick. god i cant wait :shock: :!:

o_spud
01-18-2005, 10:07 PM
Can someone please explain why sick = good? :/

o_damage
01-19-2005, 12:02 AM
because being sick after a night out means you had a good time, so being sick is showing your goodness and therefor sick = good.

o_spud
01-19-2005, 12:06 AM
oh dear.

o_thedarkone
01-19-2005, 03:57 AM
Next you're going to tell be people said 'groovy' because cool things actually had grooves in them. :roll:

o_damage
01-19-2005, 12:14 PM
No, because people who get up and strut their stuff on the dance floor are 'grooving' thus being cool, so therefor groovy = cool!

o_eat
01-19-2005, 01:04 PM
The brief for the models is 'not too distant future'. I suppose this is close to TFC old models but with much more detail.

o_ohcanep
01-19-2005, 01:35 PM
The brief for the models is 'not too distant future'. I suppose this is close to TFC old models but with much more detail.

More details + the style of the old TFC models = Nice models :P

o_storm
01-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Can someone please explain why sick = good? :/

because at some point someone thought it would be cool to answer questions with a sarcastic answer which developed into answering with the oposite of what you actually meant being the cool thing to do. With the words of choice in the 90's being bad and in 2000 being sick :P

o_fylox
01-19-2005, 03:23 PM
I like the "new" medic model, and most of the rest of the old "new tfc models"

o_binarylife
01-19-2005, 03:27 PM
I like the old HW, but the new everything else.

Actualy I always thought it would be cool if you took models out of The Predator. Each character played a different class, and a lot of those classes are also used in team fortress.

Arnold: Soldier
Mac: Demoman
Jessy Ventura: Heavy Weapons
Those twins: Scouts

There is more, but you can tell by the ranom switching between acting and character names that not only and I not spell Arnold's last name (and am too lazy to sound it out) but also that I dont remember character names...it's been a while. But you guys know what I'm talking about at least right?

o_loco
01-19-2005, 04:25 PM
yeh i think it would be good if we could stick to the older models as much as possible i found the new models really oversized and a bit crap looking imo,,
anyways im sure these guys will come up with something prety amazing,
i mean the models we have seen so far seem prety top notch
good work to all envolved ;)

o_spud
01-19-2005, 08:00 PM

A bit worrying if that is all for the character design brief. I was hoping some serious thought would be going into the look and feel of these creatures that we will be running around as, staring at, being killed by and fragging ourselves for years to come.

I still stand bythe view that a slight comic book twist look to the models would go a long way.

o_sev
01-19-2005, 08:07 PM
I think you should relax because I promise you won't be disappointed with anything related to this mod.

o_spud
01-19-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm sure I won't be disapointed :)

You got a concept artist on this job yet?

o_sev
01-19-2005, 11:12 PM
Not quite yet, but close

o_spud
01-19-2005, 11:26 PM
Ok then, you'll probs not need my concept skills. I have my own mod to worry about anyway :)

o_sev
01-19-2005, 11:30 PM
Are you making NEOTF!!!

o_spud
01-19-2005, 11:40 PM
YES AND IM HERE 2 STEEL ALL YOR IDEAHS HAHA.

http://www.bloodthirst.org

o_sh4x
01-20-2005, 11:40 PM
Another vote for Old TFC models. Keep it real!

o_mr.saturn
01-21-2005, 01:59 AM
I like the new modles

o_anshinritsumai
01-21-2005, 02:04 AM
New models get my vote. Old models are way too plain.

o_reverie
01-21-2005, 04:13 AM
I remember the older models better than the updated ones, but I know that the new ones were much better looking.

It's not a bad style, but I'd like to see a new look for FF.

o_valk
01-21-2005, 07:56 AM
omfg you spam these forums hard spud

o_thedarkone
01-21-2005, 11:27 AM
I like the old HW, but the new everything else.

I think the HG was the crappiest looking of the old models.

o_zydell
01-21-2005, 01:12 PM
If you're still looking for a concept artist it might be worthwile to see if you can post something on 3dtalk.com or the sijun.com forums, there's a lot of professionals on there that might want to dedicate their time to this mod... if you can prove it's worth it...

o_storm
01-21-2005, 01:18 PM
best to get someone that is in the tfc community, no?

o_puke
01-21-2005, 02:45 PM
I dont think it really matters. Plus an artist thats linked to the tfc community is always gonna have old/new models in his head. Atleast someone out of the "scene" might be able to give something new thats not been thought of. I liked the models that were in that flash from the other post personally.

o_spud
01-21-2005, 04:40 PM
omfg you spam these forums hard spud

Aye, normally do when first join any type of forums, not to worry, I ease off eventually.

o_binarylife
01-21-2005, 04:41 PM
I meant that by comparisson. In otherwords, I like the Old HW over the new HW.

I agree with you though, they both look very crapy. I figured this was intialy desinged so people wouldn't like looking like them and avoide choosing the class. haha.

o_a boojum snark
01-21-2005, 09:25 PM
Although I prefer the new over the old, I would adjust to whatever is made in a week or so. However I hope you go with something closer to the new style for the medic, too many medic models have looked like something belonging in a hospital, whereas the new model looks like a combat medic.

o_laozi2
01-22-2005, 02:04 AM
if you use the old medic models, i will slap you... :D

o_spud
01-23-2005, 02:23 PM
if you use the old medic models, i will slap you... :D

I have a sneaky feeling that those who like the old medic models are also impartial to the odd leathery based slapping .. *cough*

o_deizel
01-24-2005, 10:11 PM
wtf gimme leik t00n mod3ls omg.!!"!¬` j/k obviously :roll:

but yea, keep up the sick/bad/groovy work guys, and i'm sure anything that doesn't look exactly like the current old/new models (and doesn't look nothing like them), will be absolutely pure dead brilliant. :P

come to think of it... actually, no. well, this isn't actually a suggestion, but more like one of those rhetorical question that should probably go unanswered. would it be possible to write your own vertex/pixel shader combination for a new custom shader and then use that shader in your materials that you want to be cel shaded, hence creating the first mod with a cel shading option?

/me runs. :oops:

o_paddn ur stats
01-25-2005, 07:29 AM
So with FF is the mod going to be ole hum drum TFC <yawn> on HL2 or are you going to have class perks per say for strategic purposes so that capturing a flag is like watching 2 hockey teams working a trap on each other til one falls apart or gets exhausted and the other breaks through ?
Is there going to be "_special2" type options for some classes or "back to the basics" for the mod ?

o_maxtr0n.
01-26-2005, 02:23 AM
i swear to god, if the soldier doesnt rock that beret im gona kill u sev.

seriosuly, im not even kidding. i dont care what u do with the other modles, but eh soldier HAS to have the beret.