PDA

View Full Version : Snowball Fighting

o_sensai
03-29-2005, 05:19 AM
I remember an HL mod where you had snowball fights. It was fun to throw snowballs at people. Anyone else play this mod?

trepid_jesse
03-29-2005, 05:24 AM
I never played it, but the last time I saw my brother over Christmas he was carryin' in some luggage, and I hit him in the eye with a snowball. I thought it was funny until stabbed me.

That's just a real downer.

o_thedarkone
03-29-2005, 06:27 AM
Some TFC servers had mods on them that added a snowball weapon.

o_ouch_
03-29-2005, 06:52 AM
Well, I remember getting hit in the head with a snowball with a rock planted inside of it, but no snowball Half-Life mod.

o_voipme
03-29-2005, 11:22 AM
My brother and I are kinda-somewhat-not-really developing a mod based on dodgeball. I've just been too busy to actually put any work into it as of yet. So far, we've got team Ubiquitaar and team Bolivia. Its gonna be sweet.

o_rebo
03-29-2005, 12:12 PM
I remember the south park FPS where you could wee on a snowball and throw it for a special attack.

o_sobe green
03-29-2005, 12:27 PM
There was a mod called Snow Wars or something. I think they once mentioned they would attempt to create it when Half-Life 2 came out. The problem with it is that it seems so novelty that its hard to get into it unless you are lanning with a few friends.

o_sensai
03-29-2005, 01:51 PM
LOL yes Snow Wars! It was never really popular, but it was fun to play with local friends lol. I guess its my way of having a snowball fight since I live in Atlanta.

o_frenchtoast
03-29-2005, 01:57 PM
I remember having breakfast, but no snowball mod.

o_cruor
03-29-2005, 02:56 PM
Digital Paintball equalled many fun hours for me back on HL.

o_shaggy
03-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Do you remember the vampire mod? Vampires were faster stronger and jump way farther then the vampire hunters. The vampire hunters had weapons though. It was pretty cool.

o_|404|innoc-tpf-
03-29-2005, 04:09 PM
My brother and I are kinda-somewhat-not-really developing a mod based on dodgeball. I've just been too busy to actually put any work into it as of yet. So far, we've got team Ubiquitaar and team Bolivia. Its gonna be sweet.

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a ball (read: snowball)

o_sobe green
03-29-2005, 04:26 PM

Add Team SoBe! I'll love you more than I already do. I swear.

o_mooga
03-29-2005, 10:34 PM
Add matrix-like movment and it would be amazing.
With out it it would just be running aout and firing.
Kinda like Ricochet (sp?)

I tried Ricochet out one... boy is that game wacked.
Now would why valve even create that?
That's got to be one of the worsed FPS ever made :-P

mirvin_monkey
03-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Well, I remember getting hit in the head with a snowball with a rock planted inside of it

I guess it can't have been a very heavy rock then!

o_ouch_
03-30-2005, 02:37 AM
Well, I remember getting hit in the head with a snowball with a rock planted inside of it

I guess it can't have been a very heavy rock then!

No, though it had some nice jagged edges. Also, it took me a few seconds to get what you meant, maybe that rock was pretty heavy after all. :[

o_dirkpitt
03-30-2005, 06:13 AM
I liked ricochet, my air movement skills from tfc made me really really good at it. I played for like 5 minutes and was instantly beating everyone it was so great.

o_sobe green
03-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Add matrix-like movment and it would be amazing.
With out it it would just be running aout and firing.
Kinda like Ricochet (sp?)

I tried Ricochet out one... boy is that game wacked.
Now would why valve even create that?
That's got to be one of the worsed FPS ever made :-P

It was actually not a Valve made mod. When Valve took CS they did some experimental testing with other community made mods. CS Retail came with CS, Ricochet, Firearms, TFC, and two other mods that I can't remember the name of. Ricochet was just Valve's first attempt at sending users a full mod via Steam.

I can't backup every statement because its been awhile but to my memory thats how it was.

o_xstioph
03-31-2005, 08:41 PM
Me and a couple of friends used to play richochet* for a while.. was quite fun :D until they got tired of never winning :( So nowadays I just play it by myself.. 8)

o_mooga
04-05-2005, 03:35 AM
I've played... I don't know how anyone can play that for too long.
It's just boring for me :?