PDA

View Full Version : Your map [maps/xxxx.bsp] differs from the server's.

epor
09-17-2007, 11:09 PM
I get
"Your map [maps/xxxx.bsp] differs from the server's. " Everytime I connect to a server. The only time I don't get the error is after I reboot my computer, i can join a server and play one map only. When the next map loads the error returns.

I formatted my computer 2 days ago, and that has removed the crash error I encounted with the looping sounds, I find it a real shame to format and get rid of one error when a completely new one appears.

Ive reinstalled several times, and I've noticed FF seems to be ok before I make small adjustments to class configs. Whether this is linked to the errors im getting or not may be entirely coincidental.

my system specs E6400, ati x1950, 1gig ram, win xp

Any questions or comments welcome. I just want to get this problem sorted asap.

Thanks

Defrag
09-18-2007, 05:14 AM
It sounds like you're having general PC problems as opposed to FF problems; FF doesn't validate maps etc. -- the Source engine is responsible for all of that stuff. I used to have similar problems when my memory / HDD / PSU (delete as applicable) was on its last legs. Might be worth running some diagnostic checks on your PC to see if it flags up anything.

flomotion
09-19-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm having the same problem, but only with Well.

Is there anywhere I can download just the map? Or can I just delete it, then let it dl from the server?

Ta :D

SoBe Green
09-19-2007, 05:24 PM
You can try that but the bigger problem might be why you ended up with a corrupt .bsp in the first place.

flomotion
09-19-2007, 06:28 PM
I can only assume it happened in one of the crashes :(

Atari
09-19-2007, 07:04 PM
I had the same problem a long time ago with CS:S. Everything seemed fine other than that but about 2 weeks later I lost all my data for good when my HDD failed.

Please, please backup your data now and pray I'm wrong. I'm still gutted to this day about the family pics I lost forever.