PDA

View Full Version : The Next Level - Old but Good Guide to TF

4est
09-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Below is an Old TFC tutorial site. It covers everything from tactics to using IRC.

A lot of the information will pertain to FF but some of it definitely will NOT. It should give players new to the Team Fortress games, a general feel for how they play out.

If you have questions about whether something is the same in FF, please ask. This should serve as a good temporary guide until it can be fully updated to FF.

The Next Level
- By Rimuladas

http://angrymonk.oesm.org/next/index.html

PoMo
09-18-2007, 03:15 AM
About SG's:

Level 2 are far more effective and cost worthy than a level 3 and when you're dealing with concers l2 is better anyways.

Level 2 has a faster lockon speed and pushes your enemy, therefore far better for dealing with those pesky medics/scouts. Plus they can be built in about half the time a level 3 can (with another engy or two other defenders helping level 2s can be built-not counting time it takes to get in pos- in under 10 seconds) so.. the equation for today?
Level 2 = Good
Level 3 = Not so good.

Does a L2 SG in FF track/lock-on quicker than a L3?

Circuitous
09-18-2007, 03:31 AM
No, and it never did.

PoMo
09-18-2007, 03:56 AM
No, and it never did.

Cheers.

And thanks for the useful guide 4est :p :D

greenday5494
09-20-2007, 02:16 AM
yes, thats a rumor thats been going round for a while. i always laugh when i see my enmey staying LVL2. its always much easier to get past it. i think double chaingun, rocket launcher, more health, and larger range>chaingun ;)

Kanadwen
09-20-2007, 02:51 AM
i always laugh when i see my enmey staying LVL2

Then I block your way with a dispenser and blow you away! Perfect! =)

Or you destroy my sg, kill me, take my flag, and capture it and spam a bind over and over again until I cry and finally upgrade my SG to level 3.