PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who still is crashing in FF..

ChapZ87
09-16-2007, 10:14 PM
try delete the local content for the SDK base tool, then re-install SDK Base. I solved the crashing problems in FF after doing this. 30 + crashes no more.

4est
09-16-2007, 10:25 PM
hmmmmmm

RogueA
09-16-2007, 10:31 PM
It usually works for about two matches, then crashes start again. The offending DLL is usually datacache.dll in the source sdk bin folder.

richard nixon
09-16-2007, 11:32 PM
I'm trying this now, earlier today I was playing for about an hour before a crash, it was awesome.

L.o.D.
09-16-2007, 11:35 PM
I have had 2 crashed today that seem to be caused by xfire as it's built in crash detail uploader thingy was open when I came out of the game. (minimized it) But when I tried to maximized the game, it was locked. Had to end task it.

4est
09-16-2007, 11:41 PM
I have had 2 crashed today that seem to be caused by xfire as it's built in crash detail uploader thingy was open when I came out of the game. (minimized it) But when I tried to maximized the game, it was locked. Had to end task it.

You are correct. LOST mentioned his X-fire seemed to be tied into some crashes in some way. Nobody knows the details yet though.

L.o.D.
09-16-2007, 11:47 PM
I have deleted all the source sdk base content & am reinstalling to see if it helps.
Just had another crash on ff_well.

I also noticed a runtime error (pure virtual function call) message twice now.

Bakedbean
09-17-2007, 12:45 AM
I had this same issue with xfire, I had to go into xfire Options/Games I had to set sourcesdk base to not be detected.

Marlon`m3
09-17-2007, 12:50 AM
My FF, HL2, or even HL1 dont open. They all say problem with hl2.exe and had to close. Ive dont it all reinstalled steam bout 4 times downloaded ff and everythin 4 times..nothin works

L.o.D.
09-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Just curious but why does FF use the source sdk base hl2.exe instead of the one in the hl2 folder??

Bakedbean
09-17-2007, 12:56 AM
My FF, HL2, or even HL1 dont open. They all say problem with hl2.exe and had to close. Ive dont it all reinstalled steam bout 4 times downloaded ff and everythin 4 times..nothin works

Did you validate your game files?

Defrag
09-17-2007, 12:59 AM
The Source SDK Base stuff is what valve uses to roll out the most recent engine changes to modders. The HL2 stuff is outdated.

Jabberwock
09-17-2007, 01:12 AM
try delete the local content for the SDK base tool, then re-install SDK Base. I solved the crashing problems in FF after doing this. 30 + crashes no more.

how do i do this and where?

Ihmhi
09-17-2007, 03:19 AM
how do i do this and where?

Go to your Games list.

Click on the Tools tab.

Click on Source SDK Base.

Right click and select "Delete Local Content..."

It will, unsurprinsingly, delete all of the content related to that program on your hard drive. It will now be moved down on the list, greyed out, and listed as "Not Installed". Right click on it and select "Install Game" to reinstall it. There you go.

Essobie
09-17-2007, 04:39 AM
Anyone getting crashes with datacache.dll as the listed culprit, a question: are you using dual monitors? If so, by disabling the secondary monitor before playing, does that prevent it from crashing?

I just disabled my secondary monitor and what was once crashes every 30 minutes or less turned into me quitting after I just got sick of playing (2.5 hours).

Demasu
09-17-2007, 08:33 PM
Anyone getting crashes with datacache.dll as the listed culprit, a question: are you using dual monitors? If so, by disabling the secondary monitor before playing, does that prevent it from crashing?

I just disabled my secondary monitor and what was once crashes every 30 minutes or less turned into me quitting after I just got sick of playing (2.5 hours).
http://www.fortress-forever.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10755