Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 11-02-2006, 10:55 PM   #1
o_dancingfool

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I guess this is the place of all topic sections to post this. AI problems.*SOLVED*

***SOLVED***

I've already posted my problem on the Source SDK site but no one has been of any help.

Here's my problem. I'm trying to change a Combine's schedule and conditions and a Citizen's schedule and conditions to basically mix and create new schedules and conditions. I've been doing this in the beginning area where you're still not in the suit and are just exploring the city. Anyways, it's been misreacting and not performing the given tasks. What I'm trying to create here(or one of the things at least, most of them are going well, this is just the malfunctioning one)is a frisk and suspicion system from the Combine NPC to the Citizen NPC.

Where if the citizen is acting suspicious such as being in the condition of COND_SEE_HATE or COND_SEE_FEAR when in further proximity from the Combine(I've also changed around some of the AI sensing)than normal, and the Combine may or may not notice this, then the Combine may or may not go and "frisk" the citizen by going up in close proximity, saying some things to him, and then performing an action by searching his inventory for a weapon.

If a weapon is found on the citizen, then the Combine and the Citizen are both given COND_NEW_ENEMY at the same time and then the basic combat programming takes over from there. My problems are:

1. Sometimes the Combine frisks the Citizen, will not find a weapon, but the Citizen is the only one given COND_NEW_ENEMY and only the nearby Combine soldiers will attack but the Combine being attacked will go about his regular schedule. Sometimes no one will get COND_NEW_ENEMY at all.
2. Same as above, but the Combine will find a weapon and attack the Citizen but the Citizen will be the neutral one.

I've looked through help topics and through FAQs but nothing seems to help. I've tried changing some things but nothing seems to work. I've been familiar and practiced with the Source engine's AI for a little over a year now so I know what I'm doing with everything. If anyone knows, a straightforward answer would be preferred. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by o_dancingfool; 11-10-2006 at 07:06 PM.
o_dancingfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-02-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
o_swampthing360

you could try this page
o_swampthing360 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2006, 12:42 AM   #3
o_dancingfool

Didn't find anything that would help me with my problem, but there's alot of good info and cool things there so thanks.
o_dancingfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-03-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
o_swampthing360

no problem.... i dont really have that much map exp to help out but im glad the link helped a bit
o_swampthing360 is offline   Reply With Quote