Old 05-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Diablo 3: And yes, it is addictive. ;)

Been playing since midnight release (which actually started at 3a.m. for eastcoast, which actually started at 5a.m. east coast because Battlenet took a massive shit from how bloated the logins were filling it all at once.), and it's very addictive. I didn't think they'd pull it off, but for anyone who played Diablo or D2, it's like reaching back into childhood... w/ an auction house.

Diablo 3 - One does not simply defeat Diablo once.

Let me know if anyone wants to play. My main is with a core group atm, but I have a lot of alt's that I don't mind playing. Or starting over even.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
CaptainAhab
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 35 Times

A lot of my friends are having a blast as well, have fun!
CaptainAhab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #3
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
That was epic!

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Diablo III is a pretty fun game, and a solid one at that. But it has some flaws.

Before I start talking down on the game, let me just say a few things that this game shines on. The art style is pretty damn fantastic. Not only the monsters but the level of detail of the gore is great too. The environments look pretty detailed. Especially at Act 2, where you can see the city in the distance. Or how they decided to add in status-related monster deaths. Such as poison killing them and tinting their body green and hearing them squeal as they fall. Or the basic covered-ablaze-dance death animation. It's nice.

The game's pretty smooth. I can't say much about online. Portals are now just a all-you-can-use button rather than taking up a scroll, that's really cool. Same as identifying, although I preferred having Deckard Cain do it.

Character conversations are quite nice too. Especially silly one's between opposite genders. But over time it's so-so. Enchantess can be sometimes annoying because he's like a school girl. (Quotes aren't exact) OH THAT'S ONE FORMIDABLE ENEMY UP AHEAD, WE MUST BE CAREFUL. WE DEFEATED THAT FORMIDABLE ENEMY. Or random shit. Then we got the Templar.. THAT ENEMY UP OVER THER-.. ... ... GLORIOUS.

Reminds me of Dragon's Dogma. Master, there's a ladder ahead. Master, nothing in existence likes fire. Master, shoot harpies in the wing or face. Master, there's an ocean up ahead. Careful master, a goblin!

Now, onto the flaws. Apart from the obvious massive QQ about having to be online about playing singleplayer, and the hacking, that shit doesn't matter.

I love how upgrading gems costs money!!!

What I also love is that blue items tend to have better stats than legendary items at higher difficulties. That feeling when you're around hell and you finally get a legendary drop and a few blues or a few rares are 10x better?

Also the fact that inferno isn't even a challenge, it's badly designed. Monsters will instant-kill you even if you come in prepared and know what you're doing, you'll still die. What's even more funny is that blizzard nerfed skills which helped players survive. Well **** me bro.

Please, take the time to watch these videos, they come from people who actually put all their heart into what they do. It's not about being paid, it's about the truth people need to know.

http://www.gatheryourparty.com/video...ling-spoilers/

http://www.gatheryourparty.com/video...3-itemization/

http://www.gatheryourparty.com/video...with-diablo-3/

Last edited by Everything; 05-30-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Everything is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-30-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6018173
9:17 PM - DEXTER: can you teach me how to play o
9:17 PM - squeek.: you jump a lot
9:18 PM - squeek.: and do sweet moves

8:55 PM - FDA: fart in you fridge and blame it on wild animals
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
from what I read about (thru customer feedback is,) the game is that while is a major graphical improvement after that it becomes an attempt to make another cash cow rather than be a good game. pretty much everything else about the game falls short.
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!

Last edited by WiFiDi; 06-04-2012 at 07:37 PM.
WiFiDi is offline   Reply With Quote