Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 12:54 PM   #1
Hipshot

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Unserious people, never ever play fortress forever - forever.

First, I need to say that the mod is excellent, I'm having a lot of fun and it feels very true to what TF should be, fast and furious. I also noted that the small map 2more, uses a sky I made long time ago, nice, I'm proud of having an asset in one of Internets finest.

However, this post isn't about niceness, it's about all those people that just won't play the game serious and I don't mean new players that don't know the maps (hell I'm a new player to a lot of these maps too). The thing I noted was, as soon as you play on a server with friendly fire, there are one or more (often just one) retarded person that needs to destroy for his own team by team killing them as a spy, messing up the defense etc.

Like yesterday, this fool "don't ban me" or some similar unique nick, was standing in the spawn room on Well, poisoned by the Medic, screaming about AIDS and whatnot, infecting everyone that spawned there. That thing works even without friendly fire. Three days ago, a HW stood in the spawn room gunning down everyone that spawned, he stood on a bag so he didn't die himself of course, that is just plain insane. One H ago, I was playing that Aardwark (or something like that, a fine level), this Darkie fool on my team knifed down people outside our own spawn room, at the same time some guy named Cruser HW killed people in his team. I let the pictures explain...

However, the next round, the two numskulls was in the same team.

And, for some reason, they seem impossible to get rid of, I remember the days when ban and kick actually was used, but today many servers seems unguarded and theres no chance to have the ill doers removed, people say "votekick" but no one seems to know how to actually initiate that.

It's all very sad. Can't people like that go that hell spawn called TF2, where they can fight with Valves ban policy instead?

One thing I found funny, yesterday, I saw a soldier in my def having the same name as I, that's pretty confusing for 2 sec =)

Sorry for any grammar errors and misspellings...

Old 09-23-2007, 01:15 PM   #2
Krylon

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Well I don't think you need to play seriously. Sometimes I do, but sometimes I just lay back and have some fun.

What you SHOULDN'T do is ruin everyone else's fun by being an asshole. This is a TEAM FORTRESS based game, if you aren't contributing something to your team in some way to help the team reach the objectives, then you shouldn't really be there.

It really sucks that there are people like that...I hope in future versions this is worked out.

Old 09-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #3
Nurdbot

I think FF and the Team Fortress series are one of those games where the concept of friendy fire just doesn't work at all.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:01 PM   #4
Kanadwen

Send a message via AIM to Kanadwen Send a message via Yahoo to Kanadwen
It's just another discussion about having active admins in they're server. That's pretty much the only way to deal with this.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
C-Aim
Better than Never

Yeah, if you have a server with ff on and you don't have an admin there most of the day then it is just inviting trouble. It's sad that people get their jollies off by doing stuff like this but they do.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:11 PM   #6
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
We should be able to use fortress points per death to work out if someone is intentionally laming it up. Would be nice to have a server variable that when enabled auto kicks ppl deemed to be doing this. I'll speak to devs about it.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:13 PM   #7
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

It's unfortunate, but short of good adminning it's very difficult to filter out the idiots or stop them from ruining the game in one way or another.

Old 09-23-2007, 03:30 PM   #8
bradley
Oldbie

Send a message via AIM to bradley Send a message via MSN to bradley
Want a good admin'd FF roation server?

99.243.143.110:27015

Old 09-23-2007, 03:37 PM   #9
Bomber
Skillet

lol this is part of tf

Old 09-23-2007, 03:47 PM   #10
Magical-Mark
Titles are overrated...

I have been killed with the flag more times than I can count because I went to the spawn room before capping the flag because I needed to heal.
I also hate that people do not get that the soldier has no ability to make his rockets hit the target 100% every time, and then when you, by accident, kill someone in a fight they return form the death as spy and kill you, I'm happy that there is no TK punishment, it is not needed if everyone plays like they should and I hope it will never be implanted (only if the only people that have the power of doing it is a admin that knows what he is doing (and that is not egocentric)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradley
Want a good admin'd FF roation server?

99.243.143.110:27015
I hope this server is what you say, I'd love to find a really good server!

-Mark

Old 09-23-2007, 04:05 PM   #11
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
Join a server that frequently has the more sensible and talented in that like to have proper games. Those types you mentioned stay clear of these servers after one visit.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:07 PM   #12
Thief
Super SPY

Send a message via AIM to Thief
this is why you should stick to servers that are admin'ed well

Old 09-23-2007, 04:36 PM   #13
Caspar

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag
It's unfortunate, but short of good adminning it's very difficult to filter out the idiots or stop them from ruining the game in one way or another.
Some kind of TK punish (and the ability for admins to toggle it) wouldn't hurt. And just prevent people from picking up med-packs when poisoned or something. Not a complete fix for that one, but it'd help... Shouldn't intrude on clan games either

Old 09-23-2007, 05:56 PM   #14
Defrag
Retired FF Staff

A TK punish system really doesn't work unless it's extraordinarily smart. Play BF2 and you'll know what I mean (everyone punishes you even when the TK was due to their carelessness or they actually forced you into the TK).

Old 09-23-2007, 07:01 PM   #15
Magical-Mark
Titles are overrated...

Quote:
A TK punish system really doesn't work unless it's extraordinarily smart. Play BF2 and you'll know what I mean (everyone punishes you even when the TK was due to their carelessness or they actually forced you into the TK).
my thoughts I just didn't know how to put it.

-Mark

Old 09-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #16
NoComply

I don't like ff and don't play on those servers for a reason. They aren't that fun, and ff has a lot of spam and stray fire, way to easy to kill a teammate.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:51 PM   #17
neoslak
[NMD]

Send a message via AIM to neoslak Send a message via MSN to neoslak
I think FF on team fortress / Team fortress based games is a bad idea. There's too much spam going on.

I've played TFC with FF on and it just made the game really hard to play as you were scared to have a firefight with a bunch of your team mates around in case you killed them.

Mirror damage would be an idea but not FF.

Old 09-23-2007, 10:30 PM   #18
summit

There should just be a more graphical democratic feature. Someone calls a vote to kick someone, and instead of having to go through console and work out the right command, it's F1 for yes, F2 for now. Have a set time, as well as some vote-spam protection. Presto!

Old 09-23-2007, 10:34 PM   #19
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
i wonder.. what if you were driving a train and this comes up on your screen after some guy jumps in front of you at the station:

depressedsuicidalmaniac has punished you for teamkill

Quote:
Originally Posted by summit
There should just be a more graphical democratic feature. Someone calls a vote to kick someone, and instead of having to go through console and work out the right command, it's F1 for yes, F2 for now. Have a set time, as well as some vote-spam protection. Presto!
a base voting system would be good, but ofc its not a priority

Old 09-23-2007, 10:35 PM   #20
Kanadwen

Send a message via AIM to Kanadwen Send a message via Yahoo to Kanadwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical-Mark
I hope this server is what you say, I'd love to find a really good server!

-Mark
It is, trust me.

Closed Thread