Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 06-06-2007, 07:48 PM   #21
barronofhellion

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Seems odd that people don't get that. However, I can explain it in excruciating detail:
i think its a great idea , but really isn't that nessary.. imo if i wanted to just test a unfinished copy of my map i would just host a server, actually i never set up hl2dm and it had by default sv_lan = 0 and i loaded up my map and people kept tring to join, and once i went to go make lunch after i added a bunch of stuff and a few ppl had joined and were shooting eachother . when i came back i had to explain what was going on and shut the server down (exit the game heh) i think that this would be better served by allowing almost finished maps after the mod is released so that people can play test them before release of the map to get a better idea on how it will play... because if person (a) downloads the map when its 12% and then you go make changes to it like to say 20% then person (a) joins to test it again it will just say blah map differs from the one on the server and they would have to go delete and bla bla bla...
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2007, 09:54 PM   #22
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirTiger
In that case, it seems to me that you're the stupid one here. Either you don't comprehend English, or honestly want to sound smart. That one sentence Scuzzy mentioned can be interpreted in many different ways, not everyone thinks alike. Try to keep your CAPS LOCK off, you seem even more irrational than usual. Scuzzy, thank you for clearing it off, though Donny didn't read the other post to realize the actual meaning that you have in mind. Hopefully, this ideal idea gets approved; it will be a fundamental feature for organization.
I know it can be interpreted different ways. The thing is, the other way it can be interpreted is so off-the-wall crazy that I can't comprehend why someone would think that was the actual way he meant it.

Typically when something's that insane, I re-read to see if there's a way that it's less insane.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:18 PM   #23
Gator-
FF God

Class/Position: Scout O, Medic O, Demo D/O, Soldier D
Gametype: CTF 4v4
Affiliations: [milkwood] ( GoodFellas )
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via AIM to Gator- Send a message via MSN to Gator- Send a message via Yahoo to Gator-
According to your theory, I can say the same thing about your interpretation. "Yes omg newb that is is so off-the-wall how insane, TIME to reread!!! gosh" No one honestly cares how you view it and your criticism about how others (probably quite many) misinterpreting the actual meaning of Scuzzy. He already cleared it off, so drop it buddy.
Gator- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2007, 10:21 PM   #24
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
According to your theory, I can say the same thing about your interpretation. "Yes omg newb that is is so off-the-wall how insane, TIME to reread!!! gosh"
Yes, you could exactly.

Quote:
No one honestly cares how you view it and your criticism about how others (probably quite many) misinterpreting the actual meaning of Scuzzy. He already cleared it off, so drop it buddy.
Alright, alright, don't get your panties in a bunch, gosh.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #25
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Even when I try to help I start a flame war.

Sigh.

Old 06-06-2007, 11:24 PM   #26
Beetle
Beta than eva'

Its a great idea, I approve.
Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-06-2007, 11:36 PM   #27
nodnarb

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
Even when I try to help I start a flame war.

Sigh.
It's not your fault. It just happened to take place in your thread.
nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 03:15 AM   #28
barronofhellion

i can't wait till ff is released... that way everybody can let there love juices flow freely and un-restrained...
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #29
Donny
Community Mapper&Idiot

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
That's the way I got it in the first time but your other post made me think WTF? Now that you posted that 'clear' thing with Bob and Joe I again know what you mean.
I think there should be more than one dudes doing the community map thing. Too much work for one guy to do all the time. These people have lives.
Im not voting myself btw. Too much power... Might corrupt me and I'd take over the internets!
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote