Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 05-17-2005, 04:07 PM   #1
o_cudweiser

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Next Generation Consoles

Playstation 3

Just saw the design for the PS3 last night...have to say I am very dissappointed. It just doesn't seem very innovative at all. And the spiderman style font they placed on the front is unsatisfying. I'm still not sure whether or not I like the controller. It kind of looks bad ass but the old controller was so good. I am very pleased with games announced so far for the PS3 though. Warhawk, Devil May Cry 4, Spiderman 3, Metal Gear 4...

XBOX 360

The Xbox design no longer looks shitty to me compared to the new PS3. I just wish they had decided on a better font than Arial to use for the logo. The controller kind of looks like a child's playtoy however.

Nintendo Revolution

I'm most impressed with the Revolution design. Although most would just say its a box...well...just look at the picture...the high gloss black, the led blue light, and it looks small and light weight. Looks very cool. Wish I could find some images of the contoller.

I wanted to get into more detail on this...but I'm suppose to be working right now. Please add images if you have any, and for those that have the specs on the new systems, please post them if you'd like.

*edit* if the PS3 image link fails, just copy and paste the url again, and it should work. If not, I'll fix it later.

*edit* replaced the Xbox pic with one that has the remote with it...that remote looks far better than the concept pic they had of it.

*edit* I just noticed that the Revolution has no wires attached to it...yet the light is still glowing. Is it just a concept? Here is another image of it that more accurately describes the size.
o_cudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2005, 04:11 PM   #2
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Yah, the new Nintendo is my fav in terms of style. Looks like they tried to mimic some of the more popular case designs for PC's. They need some flashing LED's and a loud ass fan on the side though.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2005, 05:47 PM   #3
o_cudweiser

Yeah, the revolution would definately fit the best with any modern entertainment center. The others will just look out of place. I do like the high gloss black and white schemes for the ps3, the silver has got to go.

Old 05-17-2005, 05:51 PM   #4
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Nintendo needs to make an integrated or addon emulator to play games from prior consol generations. The lack of backwards compatibility is why I only bought the PS2 and not the gamecube and I have no interest in Xbox.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2005, 09:44 PM   #5
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Heh, the Revolution reminds me of the PSP...
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2005, 10:55 PM   #6
o_travis dane

All 3 of em look rather similar, rather flat box-ish. Then again it's the content that matters eh? So how about you post some details on that Cudweiser, instead of throwing broken image links at us .

I've uploaded some images to me webspace, copy to the begin-post as you fancy:

Revolution 1
Revolution 2
Revolution 3

Playstation3 1
Playstation3 2
Playstation3 3
Playstation3 4
Playstation3 5
Playstation3 6
Playstation3 7

XBox360 1
XBox360 2
XBox360 3
XBox360 4
XBox360 5
XBox360 6
XBox360 7
XBox360 8
XBox360 9
XBox360 10
XBox360 11
XBox360 12
XBox360 13
XBox360 14
XBox360 15

[EDIT]

Shame this forum doesn't allow for making some decent tables, can make some nice opening posts using techniques like those.
o_travis dane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2005, 11:25 PM   #7
o_jefferino

I would have to say that I am dissapointed in all of the designs for the next gen consoles. Especially the PS3. The PS3 looks exactly like the PS2 but it has a big huge curvey bulb sticking out of it. Plus the silver colour is very ugly IMO. It won't match any of the home theater systems that are out right now. Black is the way to go And the controllers are very ugly! Who wants to hold a batman like controller. I still think the gamecube controllers are the bext design and most confortable.

With the Xbox 360 i was very dissapointed with the colour. Yet again silver is a very ugly colour for a console and controller. The Xbox controller looks very weak with the colour also. Every console should have a different looking controller.

With the Revolution, my only dissapointment is that it looks too much like the PS2, but o well it looks the best out of the three. I want to see what their controller will look like, I hope it will look different from the gamecube.

*EDIT* OMG I jsut look at IGn.com and there are different colours for the Revolution! I don't know if this is available for the PS3 or 360 but that is jsut awsome! I want to get the lime green one. This is awsome!!!

http://cube.ign.com/articles/615/615258p2.html
o_jefferino is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 02:09 AM   #8
o_spud

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by |404|Innoc-TPF-
Nintendo needs to make an integrated or addon emulator to play games from prior consol generations. The lack of backwards compatibility is why I only bought the PS2 and not the gamecube and I have no interest in Xbox.
Nintendo are planning on releasing an internet based service similar to xbox lives arcade where you can download, install and play any old nintendo classic ranging from Donkey Kong (original) to any GC of the latest games..

How's that for backwards compatibility?
o_spud is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 02:18 AM   #9
o_geokill----->

Yeah the PS3 color sucks but in this image it shows 3 different colors of the PS3, so I'm may get the blak one.
http://www.xs4all.nl/~siebel7/td/playstation3_1.jpg
Xbox 360 just sucks
Nintendo Revolution kicks ass and it's so small, almoust like the size of a PSP.
Well what realy matter are the graphics
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 03:06 AM   #10
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Xbox360 vs PS3...

Concave vs Convex...
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 03:11 AM   #11
o_otiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKill----->
Well what realy matter are the graphics
o_otiz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 03:42 AM   #12
o_cudweiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Dane
All 3 of em look rather similar, rather flat box-ish. Then again it's the content that matters eh? So how about you post some details on that Cudweiser, instead of throwing broken image links at us .

I've uploaded some images to me webspace, copy to the begin-post as you fancy:

Revolution 1
Revolution 2
Revolution 3

Playstation3 1
Playstation3 2
Playstation3 3
Playstation3 4
Playstation3 5
Playstation3 6
Playstation3 7

XBox360 1
XBox360 2
XBox360 3
XBox360 4
XBox360 5
XBox360 6
XBox360 7
XBox360 8
XBox360 9
XBox360 10
XBox360 11
XBox360 12
XBox360 13
XBox360 14
XBox360 15

[EDIT]

Shame this forum doesn't allow for making some decent tables, can make some nice opening posts using techniques like those.
Yeah, I was going to fix all those...but I was working, then I went an ate, then I went and shot some guns, then I started getting drunk....now I'm here and you have fixed it.

Old 05-18-2005, 04:22 AM   #13
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Just found an article about what Spud said. Thats gonna rock.
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 04:34 AM   #14
o_kam

heh revolution looks like a NES in a way
o_kam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 05:51 AM   #15
o_thedarkone

The Nintendo machine looks by far the coolest from those pictures. The ps3 controller looks weird but I'd like to see how it feels to hold it- I'm sure they wouldn't have changed it that much from the dual-shock2 if they didn't think it was better this way.

Style isn't the main selling point, though. I'm going to buy one depending on what it's capable of and what games it has at launch.
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 12:36 PM   #16
o_frenchtoast

The ps3 controllers look bad. They seem like they would hurt to hold them.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 02:18 PM   #17
o_general levy

omg the revolution

which retarded dumbass at nintendo decided on a stupid leaning at an angle stand. thats just gunna fall over and spill the stupid piece of crap everywhere.

i mean honestly, where do these tools get these ridiculous ideas? oh yeah thats right - they probably pulled them out of George Lucas' asshole.
o_general levy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 02:26 PM   #18
o_voipme

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Levy
omg the revolution

which retarded dumbass at nintendo decided on a stupid leaning at an angle stand. thats just gunna fall over and spill the stupid piece of crap everywhere.

i mean honestly, where do these tools get these ridiculous ideas? oh yeah thats right - they probably pulled them out of George Lucas' asshole.
Did you see the size of the Revolution? It can't weigh very much and it would take a little bit of effort to push it over. Besides, doesn't the PS2, PS3, and Xbox360 all stand on their sides?
o_voipme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 02:43 PM   #19
o_spud

Aye I think the 360 and PS3 if tood on their side would be much more prone to being knocked into and over since they are massive.

The N-rev would be very hard to knock over as it has low grown clearance. You'd have to be one clumsy mofo to manage to kick that thing over.. :P
o_spud is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-18-2005, 02:53 PM   #20
o_general levy

exactly, and given that most of the socially mal-adjusted idiots who buy these things are generally just getting to grips with spacial awareness, the fact that they all stand on their side means a durge of:

To: Mofos at Nintendo

Subject: My fucking console

Body:

Hey asshole, why the fuck did you make the Revolution stand on its side. When im jumping around my parents' sitting room cos I just got high after eating too much Nutella I knocked over my fuckin concolse and it broke. ps i feel like stabbing miyamoto in the face.

oh well at least those ambulance chasers like Paul Rooney and Co and The National Accident Helpline will make a new industry out of it.

"Psycologically disturbed ADD kids jumping around hurt himself on his games console. Do you feel like you were involved in an accident that was some dumb design bloke at Nintendo's fault? Call us now on 0800 TAKESOMEFUCKINRITALIN"

yeah
o_general levy is offline   Reply With Quote