Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 03-17-2005, 03:32 PM   #21
o_cruor

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Ray Liotta = Sam Fisher if they ever do a Splinter Cell movie

Slap on some camofacepaint, green contacts, nightvisiongoggles, greyish hair and a short beard and you got Sam Fisher:

o_cruor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2005, 04:21 PM   #22
o_sobe green

And I'll never look at him the same way again. I think your on to something there.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2005, 08:13 PM   #23
o_binarylife

Advent Children looks amazing.

The first Resident Evil movie was watchalble, and when related to other video-game-turned-movies, not all that bad.

However, the second one aggrivated me greatly. Not only was it horrible written, scripted, and acted. But the director just wanted to show off the Milla Joviache was in his movie, and obviously had nothing to do with her legitimately. He just randomly stuck her in certain scenes. He did that with a lot of characters actualy. A character will be almost dead in one scene and 2 minuites later be involved in a scene that has no connection with the previos, nor mention of how they survived, or why they're unscathed.

That and the ending was a direct rip-off from the Code Veronica opening, and could not have been used in the movie in any way shape or form.... I turned it off when I saw it.

(I'm not bitter...I swear )
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2005, 04:22 AM   #24
o_frenchtoast

Back to the original intention of this post....

I really really really disliked how short HL2 is. And the lack of that thing. HL1 had that [i]thing]/i].
HL1 had more puzzles, more things that you needed to think about where as HL2 was just how do I shoot this guy. I liked HL1 when trying to kill the 3 headed green monster with the diffferent buttons.

I also found that HL2 was overblown. It was too graphic-oriented.

I also found a lack of cool guns as well. The best part was the pheremones.

That's another thing, its just humans on humans with the occasional zombie. Where's my little headless 3-legged dog? I think there should have been more aliens and one of those leech guns that pulls you where you want to go.

<I'm writing this as I think of stuff with no particular sequence of events>

HL1 was really long to and took awhile to play. HL2 I beat in 2 days. No fun!

I think the sounds in HL2 are good. You don't really notice them until you play a custom map without them. They really add to the feel and I quite enjoyed their presence.

Thats all for now!
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2005, 04:57 AM   #25
o_sobe green

To this day I have the movement. I hate the way it feels to walk around and the general look of the models. They look like they are just bobbing up and down at every step. They look really dumb if you just stop and watch people running around.

Old 03-19-2005, 04:50 PM   #26
o_xstioph

I think I'm one of the few that thought that the Super Bros movie was kinda good. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108255/
o_xstioph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2005, 06:24 PM   #27
o_sobe green

It was a decent movie. But it was nothing like the game other than the fact you had a fat guy who wore red and a skinny guy who wore green.

Old 03-19-2005, 09:21 PM   #28
o_cruor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
It was a decent movie. But it was nothing like the game other than the fact you had a fat guy who wore red and a skinny guy who wore green.
Well it is kind of hard to put something like super mario brothers which doesn't really have any story on the silverscreen. I think they pulled it of nicely.

Old 03-20-2005, 07:13 AM   #29
o_dirkpitt

Street fighter owned end of story

Wow. This is one of the worst thread hijackings ever.
o_dirkpitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-20-2005, 04:27 PM   #30
o_-davey-

far cry? oh come on.. we got this movie already

mad scientists makes monsters on a secluded island, turns out he's doing some top secret stuff for the CIA, hero blows up the island and saves world.

loved the game and it's creepy atmosphere, but a movie? i'll pass

doom?? ROFL
it's the worst excuse for a game since the 1st computer, end of discussion

deus ex.. now we're onto something on this one, could be interesting if pulled off properly

silent hill.. i'm not sure i like that one.. i almost crapped my pants playing it, not too sure i want to watch it in a movie >.<
o_-davey- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2005, 05:30 AM   #31
o_thedarkone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruor
Ray Liotta = Sam Fisher if they ever do a Splinter Cell movie

Slap on some camofacepaint, green contacts, nightvisiongoggles, greyish hair and a short beard and you got Sam Fisher:

I could never imagine Sam Fisher sounding like Tommy Vercetti.
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2005, 06:13 AM   #32
o_cudweiser

Quote:
Did someone forget about Street Fighter???

I heard the doom movie isn't going to involve mars...and its not going to involve anything from hell....is that even doom???[/url]
o_cudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2005, 03:47 PM   #33
o_cruor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudweiser
Quote:
bla bla yada list list
Did someone forget about Street Fighter???

I heard the doom movie isn't going to involve mars...and its not going to involve anything from hell....is that even doom???[/url]
Well I didn't make the list so I don't know why streetfighter etc. isn't on there.

And for the Doom movie, no your right it won't have a hell (pardon the pun) of a lot in common with Doom's "story". The only thing I recon it has in common is the main character and the Sarge.

Old 03-22-2005, 04:18 PM   #34
o_travis dane

Right, going back to the topic:

I have to say I was VERY disappointed with HL2. Some points that put me off:

* Shit texture quality (usage of detailed textures wouldn't have hurt the game Mr. Gabe)
* Shit story, heck, NO STORY (Gordon go here, tele kaput, gordon go there by foot, dad st0led, gordon go save him)
* Bugs (You'd reckon VALVe would've completely ironed out any bugs during that one year delay, GUESS NOT)
* Shit engine (Sure the physics are cute, but physics alone doesn't cut it VALVe)
* Shit loading times (I'm blaming this one on steam)
* Shit AI (I recall VALVe mentioning this in the E3, it's supposed to be good, it ain't)

And this is just HL2, I need not to mention what I think of CS:S.

/me hides behind a flame-proof rock (not that there are rocks which aren't flame proof)
o_travis dane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2005, 08:42 PM   #35
o_storm

I feel very little about it, total lack of imagination in the level design including a staggering under use of the physics as well as a glaring discrepancy between what they showed the AI doing and what it actually did.

Bought it completed it and will never play it again.
o_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2005, 09:18 PM   #36
o_frenchtoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Dane
Right, going back to the topic:

I have to say I was VERY disappointed with HL2. Some points that put me off:

* Shit texture quality (usage of detailed textures wouldn't have hurt the game Mr. Gabe)
* Shit story, heck, NO STORY (Gordon go here, tele kaput, gordon go there by foot, dad st0led, gordon go save him)
* Bugs (You'd reckon VALVe would've completely ironed out any bugs during that one year delay, GUESS NOT)
* Shit engine (Sure the physics are cute, but physics alone doesn't cut it VALVe)
* Shit loading times (I'm blaming this one on steam)
* Shit AI (I recall VALVe mentioning this in the E3, it's supposed to be good, it ain't)

And this is just HL2, I need not to mention what I think of CS:S.

/me hides behind a flame-proof rock (not that there are rocks which aren't flame proof)
Oh shit eh?
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 07:02 AM   #37
o_thedarkone

I can't really complain about the graphics since my computer is too old to play it much past the original game's level of detail, but why are you complaining about the story?

You did play the first half-life, right? If so, how the hell did you not expect a minimalist approach to the story?
o_thedarkone is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 01:05 PM   #38
o_travis dane

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkOne
but why are you complaining about the story?
You did play the first half-life, right? If so, how the hell did you not expect a minimalist approach to the story?
I'm assuming you're trying to say HL1 had as worse a story as HL2 had, while still being considered a great game. That is true, but HL1 has it's gameplay going for it. Great feel, a lot of satisfaction assraping those blasted aliens and some revolutionary things implemented (level-loading on the fly).

Now HL2 doesn't have any of these things going for it (it in fact left out the on-the-fly loading, and thus taking a step backwards in my opinion). So the story is, where it wasn't that important in HL1, it IS in HL2. And it lacks, a lot.
o_travis dane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 02:10 PM   #39
o_soulcutter

It doesn't lack story. Not at all in fact, you just have to be observant to figure out what's going on. There's lots of things posted on walls and things that you will hear, if you're observant, from which you can patch together what's happened and why there is a revolution going on. I at first was turned off, but then once I realized that the story isn't just laid out for me and started paying attention I came to think it was pretty badass.

Shit textures? Pfft. The graphics are awesome, and more importantly, they're playable. Unlike Doom 3 with it's uber-textures and lighting and 20 fps. I think this also has to do with the "shit engine" in general.
o_soulcutter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-23-2005, 02:30 PM   #40
o_cruor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulCutter
It doesn't lack story. Not at all in fact, you just have to be observant to figure out what's going on. There's lots of things posted on walls and things that you will hear, if you're observant, from which you can patch together what's happened and why there is a revolution going on. I at first was turned off, but then once I realized that the story isn't just laid out for me and started paying attention I came to think it was pretty badass.

Shit textures? Pfft. The graphics are awesome, and more importantly, they're playable. Unlike Doom 3 with it's uber-textures and lighting and 20 fps. I think this also has to do with the "shit engine" in general.
Exactly couldn't agree more, allthough I have not played HL2 yet from lack of a computer to do so. From what I've heard this is pretty much how the story is played out by tidbits and puzzles here and there. And the story is also being carried out over 3 or more parts of the game. Sure HL1's story doesn't really have much to do with the story of HL2 but in the long picture it does. HL3 will carry on the cliffhanger end of HL2 which I've yet to see, but I look forward to it immensely. And then we'll get expansions that will further explain the upcome of the oppression of the combine etc.

Doom 3 compared to HL2 has crappy graphics in my opinion since HL2's graphics are way more realistic then Doom 3's plastic shiny praghics. This added Doom 3's non-existent story ===> HL2 >> Doom 3