Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-14-2007, 11:23 PM   #81
o_vendicator

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
You will play pyro, he'll be in matches, and you don't burn like that anymore. No fire sprites fucking up your vision, just a faded out red glow with the damage indicators popping up like normal damage.

I guarantee he'll be used in matches, first top tier team that uses him and wipes the map with the other side will be the only incentive people need. He's fast, he can run as heavy offense and he can plug a hole like no other with his IC now. Stick him in a crowded hallway and watch the kills rack up.

Strategies will change, people will quickly adapt and learn the nuances to the skills. They'll find exploits (not bad ones) that we haven't yet and they'll keep us pushing our personal skills to the limits. A lot of players here bash the doublejump on the grounds that it'll fuck up the balance. We've got active TFC league members in the beta that don't say a thing contrarywise about it, seems they've either found it useful or it hasn't changed their play style that much.
QFT

Honestly if the double jump is to "overpowered" for you... then just go die... go play some CS where the most skill you need to have is your aim and such... dont play a game that makes you adapt and think and actually take time to learn to play the game...

I find CS boring, not for the fact that the rnds take a long time, or the fighting or w/e... just for the fact that its the same crap everytime, same crap on every map... theres not enough variation in the game, whats the difference between Dust and Dust2??? THe layout... whoo... how much does that layout effect the game, just different angles...

in TFC a different layout means a different strat of w/e what class your going to use, how your going to use it, and how you would stop someone from doing this or that... and it allows you to mess around and find what works best or w/e...

I can take a look at a CS map and tell you the best strat to plant the bomb or defend... in TFC i can only go as far as telling you suggestions, nothing more...

THats why i like TFC and thats why im looking forward to FF with some more usefull stuff that will expand the gameplay beyond the same crap weve seen in many other Realistic based games...
o_vendicator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2007, 11:37 PM   #82
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
CS has a lot more depth than you claim. It is different from TFC though, and it does suck because of the same crap at in the same places on each map. That's the worst part about CS.. repetitive map design and gameplay. I'd take Urban Terror's TDM Survival mode with random spawn points for each team over CS any day.

edit meant TDM survival mode.

Last edited by Dospac; 02-17-2007 at 09:56 AM.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2007, 12:23 AM   #83
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Waiting to play sucks. Period. I want to be rambo in games, since I can't do that in real life. Thus, I get killed quickly in CS, and have to wait even longer to play.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2007, 02:24 AM   #84
o_mrmojo

its all strategy and team strategy
o_mrmojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2007, 04:39 AM   #85
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

My strategy is:
  1. Buy Shotgun
  2. Leeroy
  3. Repeat
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2007, 05:02 AM   #86
o_skanky butterpuss

mine is very similar. except it starts with buy duallies. then when ive accumulated enough bling (i hope i have a good team!) i buy the para.
o_skanky butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2007, 05:55 AM   #87
o_psycnet

Fortunately, my aim skill is good enough to

1. buy weapon
2. rush as fucking quickly as I can
3. kill a few mofos
4. die
5. repeat

But the days when your aim is just plain old not there...

well, those days I just play TFC
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2007, 06:59 PM   #88
o_mrmojo

watching top level cs games is really amazing though, every single shot, grenade, and location has to be dead on. if you mess something up, you pretty much lose the round unless you can pull off something amazing
o_mrmojo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #89
o_player

I only like top-tier CS gameplay, and that is why I can't stand playing it, watching my brother play it and other people on your general public server.
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2007, 01:17 AM   #90
o_dirkpitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles
My strategy is:
  1. Buy Shotgun
  2. Leeroy
  3. Repeat
lol

When I play CS I name my self TMP GOD and go to town with the mac-10 and tmp, I don't normally have too much sucess.
o_dirkpitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2007, 08:06 PM   #91
o_nadagast

Double jumping is good! Try CPMA or Warsow
o_nadagast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-18-2007, 11:11 PM   #92
o_foxtrick

Without actually playing, and just by going the post by Lost...

It seems like double jumping is useful but its still very subtle. Seems silly to me to get upset over something you havnt seen. The developers are some of the most long standing and experienced players of the game, I'm sure they know what they are doing.

I know EVERYONE wants that same old huge set of leagues, set of clans experience again, and a huge way to go to get anywhere in terms of stature and playing etc. And work for it, I mean compared to any game ive played including MMO's TFC was the closest to a football/soccer team sorta sport where it was totally team based and practice.. I'm sure the developers want that probably more than us.
o_foxtrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 02:09 AM   #93
o_thor-stryker

I love the tmp in cs my self, it can be headshot heaven if you know how to use it right. As for double jumping in tfc, it all depends on how its used. Balance is found on how classes interact with each other and how they move around the map. Speeds and height were implemented for a reason, you don't want people being able to jump into the sniper battlements, otherwise the snipers would never have a chance. The same goes for classes being able to cut down on the time it takes to get into the basement, but having a class like an HWguy being able to shave off 5 seconds of his times can sometimes me all the difference in balance when its clan play.
o_thor-stryker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 04:08 AM   #94
o_agret

Yeah the TMP is pretty nuts in tight spaces, much prefer using it to the shotgun. It's funny that people bitch about a double jump but don't give a second thought to the conc jump :P Double jumping isn't anywhere near the conc level and from the sounds of things it won't really be a major change, just a bit of fun for getting around. Is it possible to double jump off a ramp to another sloped surface and jump off that in the one motion? That'd be pretty cool for some maps, sort of like wall jumping in prince of persia...
o_agret is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 04:44 AM   #95
o_[o-t] scuzzy

I find it humorous that there are basically two groups of people arguing the exact same argument, but on different sides depending on the issue.

One group says that bhopping is a part of the game, it's intentionally built into the game, so it isn't overpowering the game. The second group disagrees and says that it does overpower the game and is just lame.

They switch sides when the subject of teleporters comes up. Teleporters are built into the game, just like bhop... but some think they ruin the game and others don't. It seems to be the bhoppers that don't like teleporters and the non-bhoppers who do.

Everyone has their reasons for feeling one way or another, their "proof" to back it up, but in the end this entire fight is meaningless.

Fascinating.

<--- Didn't sign his name!
o_[o-t] scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 08:37 AM   #96
o_agret

Personally I don't care, I like bunny hopping and I like teleporters. As long as the mod is fun to play it doesn't really bother me.
o_agret is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #97
o_foxtrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by [o-t] Scuzzy
I find it humorous that there are basically two groups of people arguing the exact same argument, but on different sides depending on the issue.

One group says that bhopping is a part of the game, it's intentionally built into the game, so it isn't overpowering the game. The second group disagrees and says that it does overpower the game and is just lame.

They switch sides when the subject of teleporters comes up. Teleporters are built into the game, just like bhop... but some think they ruin the game and others don't. It seems to be the bhoppers that don't like teleporters and the non-bhoppers who do.

Everyone has their reasons for feeling one way or another, their "proof" to back it up, but in the end this entire fight is meaningless.

Fascinating.

Im not meaning to argue the case here, but teleporters was already in the game but up to the mappers implementation, the only reason TFC was given the teleporter was because there was nothing else they could(or didnt have the time to think of something) do to a perfect balanced game, and yet they knew they had to add something to not have the mod feel like it was left behind.

And teleporters simply just enabled cheap kinds of play. Any unbalanced match meant the losing team could get hidiously destroyed. Ofcourse theres a couple of high points to that in that tides can possibly be turned but meh, dont seem to outweight the above.

Public servers are an different thing entirely, to skip midmap and whatnot just takes away what to me was the whole point of a chaotic pub server.

I dont think its anything to do with bhopping by the way.

Thats an honest argument about teleporters, and doesnt relate bhopping or double jumping, so MEH!

Happeh?

Old 02-19-2007, 02:34 PM   #98
o_darksoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by [o-t] Scuzzy

Fascinating.

those who are anti bhop = newbs without clue
those who can = understand the game mechanics. it's not that difficult to grasp why teles fuck up the flow of the game.

discuss
o_darksoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2007, 04:07 PM   #99
o_foxtrick

Maybe its me but I was more concerned of trimping than bhopping being a form of cheating or something, but then again I quit the game pretty much when it started to get popular(not because of that mind)

Did someone say earlier in the thread that double jumping is to allow for trimping?

Old 02-19-2007, 06:22 PM   #100
o_player

In the video they demostrated trimping, but from reading this thread I believe all aspects of double jumping (low-lying walls, stairs etc.) are present.
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote