Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 09-18-2007, 05:55 PM   #61
dan_g

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via ICQ to dan_g
i must say, i absolutly love this mod. for some reason i can't think of tf2 anymore. because you ported the good ol' tfc to source engine and even improved it with the new "anti conc" feature for conc maps. the speedometer witch i've wished for tfc sooo long ago. build in autoreload feature. fully customizable crosshairs for every weapon. and so on and so on
i mean wow. this is so damn nice.

big thanks to the team and everybody who helped to get this mod were it is today.

the only thing i wanted to ask: is there a chance to get a color-customizable hud as you can do it with the crosshairs ??

greetz

dan_g
dan_g is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 06:00 PM   #62
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

FF is friggin outstanding.

I have heard it said that it's a myth that Chuck Norris has a chin under his beard. In fact, people have told me, there is a round house kick under is beard.

Well, in a fight between Chuck Norris and Chuck Norris, FF would be the winner.

Chuck Norris might always beat rock, always beat paper, and always beat scissors, but FF can beat rock paper and scissors, even when rock-paper-scissor is not being played.

FF can judge a book by its cover.

FF can be divided by zero.

FF can have a negative square root that comes out as a rational number.

FF can round house kick Chuck Norris from the left and the right, simultaneously, while juggling light sabres.

If FF had a younger sister, she would be an 18-22 yo 5'5'' 34DDD-22-36 babe who is an oxford or harvard graduate, with 10 PhD in every single field of study.

Great, great work dev team.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 06:18 PM   #63
ajniN

/me rubs FF on belly.

/me licks FF, slaps FF's ass.

/me loves FF.

(__)__)))))))))))D~~~
ajniN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 07:02 AM   #64
be_

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
I guess this is a good place to say hello to everyone, because I've been a lurker on this site for quite a while, as well as THANK YOU to the creators of this kickass mod that should be boxed and sold as a stand-alone game. I was practically speechless the first day I played. All I could say was "oh my god, this is f-cking awesome" every 5 seconds. I could not believe I was actually and finally playing it. This game is quickly becoming addictive. It's starting to bring back a feeling of the old days of TFC, which I thought might be impossible. And it looks so freakin beautiful. The maps, classes, weapons, everything! There is so much detail in everything, especially the improvements and additions of class abilities. You guys did an outstanding job. THANK YOU!!!
be_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 07:10 AM   #65
gizmofo
The Bestest

Send a message via AIM to gizmofo
How come zippy posts all the sticky-type threads?
gizmofo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #66
pWEN
SHOOP DA WHOOP

Send a message via AIM to pWEN Send a message via MSN to pWEN Send a message via Yahoo to pWEN
Thanks devs!!!
pWEN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 06:38 PM   #67
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

There's more.

FF times zero will always equal FF.

FF is so big theres a sequel coming out called King Kong vs FF.

FF can breath in outer space.

FF cannot drown.

Superman wears FF brand tighty whiteys.

Chuck Norris tried to punch FF only to be kicked the face by FF. Twice.

The legendary "Secret Fist" under Chuck Norris's beard, is now property of FF.

FF killed Godzilla by staring at it.

FF gives garfield and garfield 2 the movies, 2 thumbs down.

Awsome work on FF.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 08:31 PM   #68
Riff Zifnab
-TPF-

A big thanks from me, I have just an inkling on how hard you guy worked on this mod and I'm very impressed. I don't know what it is about TF mods that I love so much but no other game ever gets me so consistently worked up. I remember the rush I would get playing a spy back with TFC first came out. It was such a blast. With this mod you have managed to recapture that feeling (and I damn say improve upon it). FF is an absolute blast to play. Its also bringing a bunch of old timers out of retirement.

I'll just cut the rambling there and leave it at this: you guys/galls(?) fucking rock my boxors. Keep up the good work.
Riff Zifnab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-21-2007, 08:43 PM   #69
Private_Joker
a fucking comedian
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout and Medic
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Private_Joker
!!!!THANK YOU!!!!
Private_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2007, 04:54 AM   #70
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
Gametype: CTF
You can guess.......

Fortress Forever kicks Chuck Norris' ass indeed! It OWNS Chuck....and me now. How can I possibly get anything constructive done anymore.....how will all my laundry get done?....who will feed the dog?....well, I don't have a dog...but if I did...it would be pretty pissed about FF. Not since I played Counter-Strike Beta 5 have I been so wowed by a multi-player game.

The balance seems pretty good so far, and it's going to take a long time playing it before any clear class advantages/weaknesses are known. Damn.....I guess I gotta playtest it....woe is me. To think, this mod is only going to get better....If people were loyal to TFC for as long as it's been, then this game is sure to be a hardcore favorite.....maybe even until Half-Life 3 comes out!

Of course I'm waiting for some people to jump all over this early praise, and call it some kind of premature ejaculation. Hey! even if it's premature, it's still good, right? No sir, all this hype is not the spoutings of amateurs, we've worked that Fortress cootchie plenty. No, it's more like the trim is just that damn good. Just when you thought you had the best, this mod levels your shit like a sack O hammers.

Thanks, you dudes rocks.
Peon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2007, 02:13 PM   #71
corkscrew

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
FF pOOwns meh

Great game guys. Thanks for all the hard work. I look forward to playing this game for a LONG time.

Ps: Tf2 squared = Xboxed.

Old 09-23-2007, 02:29 PM   #72
MightyLotu

thanks for all your hard work and listening to the community!
awesome mod lads
MightyLotu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #73
Sharp

OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!
Too much? Nah.
Great job guys, love the game! Brings the good old days back. I refuse to get TF2 cause this game has done it for me! I see many years of my life gone lol.

Old 09-23-2007, 07:33 PM   #74
Custos

I like it alot. GG
Custos is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2007, 07:46 PM   #75
w3rd

gotta give my thanks. awesome job guys.

Old 09-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #76
neoslak
[NMD]

Send a message via AIM to neoslak Send a message via MSN to neoslak
I'm gonna hop on this and thanks the Devs too. Brilliant mod, I just hope support for it continues.
neoslak is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2007, 10:08 AM   #77
Ed Gein

Hey all,

Just registered an account to give some praise. I can remember the days of checking this website several times a day for updates, scouring the forums for info, etc. Now that is finally released, I can say without a doubt that it was 100% worth the wait. My friends and I have been waiting for something to even come remotely close to QWTF/TFC, and you guys really hit the nail on the head. We're all floored by the quality of this FREE mod.

The maps, sounds, movement, and graphics are all exactly what I had hoped for. The bugs are there, but I don't experience very many of them. You all should be very proud of what you gave to the community. My friends and I are all looking forward to supporting FF for a long long time.

Thanks again!