D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiFiDi View Post
well lets see it its really really bad for you...
its not any worse for you than breathing in smoke from a burning pile of leaves, and it actually has medicinal value, like anti-psychotic properties, anti-nausea properties, and is a viable alternative to prescription pain medicine for certain illnesses.

Quote:
when your on it, you tend to harm yourself or others.
bahahahaa

you must actually believe those ads on TV, sad

Quote:
and lets see being responsible doesnt include killing yourself.

which is essentially what crack does.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:35 AM   #22
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
well lets see it its really really bad for you... when your on it, you tend to harm yourself or others. and lets see being responsible doesnt include killing yourself. which is essentially what crack does.
This is you forcing your personal choice on other people. So what if it's bad for you? The individual in question is responsible for his or her own body. You wouldn't want the police busting your door down to stop you from eating a cookie because it might be bad for you, now would you? If you personally don't want to smoke crack, then that's your choice, but don't make other people's choices for them along the way.

While some things might increase the likelihood of causing harm to others, I think we need to consider individuals instead. For every idiot who hops into his or her truck after a long night of boozing and kills some innocent people, there are dozens of people who drink alcohol responsibly. For every criminal using a firearm for crime, there are a dozen people who use them to protect themselves, their family, their property, and other law-abiding citizens. So . . . What are you going to do? Send Timmy home with a failing grade for his personal failures or punish the whole class (who did well) in the process?
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #23
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
What's wrong with legalizing crack? I mean, beside the fact that legalization usually creates larger government, what's wrong with the act of making things that harm no one but the responsible adult capable of doing with his or her body as he or she pleases in his or her own space less of a criminal act?
Legalize it, setup clean needles/clean shops for people. Governments are fucking stupid.
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership

'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2010, 04:42 PM   #24
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
crack addictions harm everyone around you, and not just the user.

Pot is not addictive, it's easy to control your usage, but harder stuff when you get addicted on, you do everything you can to get the money to buy your next score.

Now i've never tried it myself, but my roommates that were on it, would go out buy $200 worth of the stuff, go home, use it all and be calling their dealer up before the night is over. They sometimes call their dealer up a few times in one night.

Exctasy was the same way for me when I was on it. You're always wanting more, and you spend small fortunes in a single night by going back for more. One week my roommate and I spent close to $1000 on E.

With addictions like that, it's hard to keep your job, and keep getting money to pay for the addiction.

Now pot on the other hand, is far cheaper and easier to control. You make 1 purchase and it lasts for awhile, most of the time when you smoke it, you reach a certain level that makes you happy, and after awhile, you just go to sleep, you don't go out buy $200 in a night, smoke it all yourself, then go and buy some more.

Even alcohol is worse than pot in that respect. Being a pot head is faaaar cheaper than being an alcoholic. Not to mention I can go to work the next day, while going through burnout and still function. When i'm hung over at work i'm completely useless.

And going to work the next day after a night of E is not the best thing. Sure you might put your yellow happy sunglasses on and just be rockin. But you're completely useless and dangerous depending on the kind of work you do. None the less you'll still be a happy camper until the wall hits, then you're just going to pass out.

Last edited by Hammock; 08-17-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2010, 07:42 PM   #25
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Addictions would actually be less of an issue if drugs were decriminalized or legal. People avoid getting treated for drug addiction now because the drugs are illegal. Their reputation could be ruined or they could be treated like less of a human and/or a criminal.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #26
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Most addicts that are addicted to the hard stuff, don't actually go for treatment or rehab until they realize what the drug itself is doing to them (ie: They've hit rock bottom or close enough).

I don't think decriminalizing the harder stuff would cause less of an issue. It'd just make the drugs easier to obtain, an addict is still going to use that drug until he hits rock bottom, and even then many of them can't give it up.

Decriminalizing harder drugs would only benefit the casual user. I have a few friends that will do the stuff only every now and then, and they're in control of their usage of it.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #27
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
I don't see what is wrong with legalizing it in one state and seeing what happens. But let's do in someplace fun, like Manhattan. See what the subway ride home is like with a bunch of stoned paranoid hungry fuckers jamming reggae. I want to film that shit.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2010, 02:42 AM   #28
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
He was talking about crack, not marijuana, in that post, for your information.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2010, 04:17 AM   #29
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
He was talking about crack, not marijuana, in that post, for your information.
Yea, bri pointed it out to me in irc afterwards. I think I redeemed myself with that pic of Eddie Murphy

Old 08-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #30
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
what chan?
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-23-2010, 05:56 PM   #31
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

#talos