Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > FF Technical Support

Old 09-28-2007, 09:57 PM   #21
DrEvil
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Can you guys run Source SDK base by itself successfully?
DrEvil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2007, 10:32 PM   #22
DrEvil
Fortress Forever Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3pth
Not to be an ass, but this problem really needs to be more actively acknowledged by the ff team. A major concern of the community is that not enough new people are playing, well in my case anyway I can't even start up a game. I haven't been able to play a single minute of FF since it was released. Do you think that perhaps the fact that a ton of other forum goers are experiencing the problem means that even more NON-forum users are probably experiencing the problem?

Coming to these forums, seeing ~20 posts on this issue without a single official confirmation from a team member that they are going to be addressing this in the first patch, without a single addition of this issue to the known bugs list, is very unerving. I have been around since this game's inception so I'm not going anywhere, but 99% of the players who have no loyalty to the game... I can't speak for. In my opinion you should make as public as possible your acknowledgement and investigation of each and every major bug people are experiencing... ESPECIALLY ones like this one that don't even allow the player to PLAY the game.
I understand your frustration, but this particular problem is pretty clearly an engine level bug. In these 'ton' of forum goers posts of having this problem, a good number of them are also having it for TF2, and have before also had it in other mods. Whether or not HL2, HL2:EP1, CS:S runs for you at this moment is irrelevent. Look at the Insurgency tech support forums, and I'd wager any other source mod out there.

And please, don't fear monger with speculation of how prominent a bug is across a player base by the number of issues you see posted in a technical support forum. It's clearly a problem, clearly something we're concerned about, clearly something users are frustrated with. We're working hard to figure out what the hell is up. In the mean time we're pressing on with bug fixes and tweaks to the game for the first patch, because like most developers, we can multi task, and the first patch isn't going to be held up by valve or any other issue that we have little control over.

We haven't responded much about this particular issue because we don't know what the problem is with this particular issue. When we know more you will know more.

We're doing the best we can. We already have a very large changelist for the first patch. This issue, while important, isn't going to hold that up.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:57 PM   #23
Kingsofa

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Source SDK base runs fine for me but i still can not join servers most of the time, it just hangs on the retrieving server info.

Old 09-29-2007, 12:27 AM   #24
DrEvil
Fortress Forever Staff

Can you start your own local game on the same map you are trying to join?

Old 09-29-2007, 01:07 AM   #25
DrEvil
Fortress Forever Staff

Here's some more information from Valve on the subject.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...d.php?t=602169

Old 10-02-2007, 03:33 PM   #26
D3pth
ModCenter Site Director

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via ICQ to D3pth Send a message via AIM to D3pth Send a message via MSN to D3pth Send a message via Yahoo to D3pth
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEvil
We haven't responded much about this particular issue because we don't know what the problem is with this particular issue. When we know more you will know more.

We're doing the best we can. We already have a very large changelist for the first patch. This issue, while important, isn't going to hold that up.
I don't expect you to throw out changes in a day, lord knows I've been (and am) on the other side of that wall with my own work so I know that it's not a realistic expectation. I simply wanted the team to say "we know about this problem and are looking into it." Until now, that wasn't done, so thank you for doing so.
D3pth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2007, 10:39 PM   #27
Yaesu

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3pth
I haven't been able to play a single minute of FF since it was released.
Join the club!

Y

Old 10-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #28
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

Also what happens when you play the "Stress Test" in the SourceSDK? I had long loading times but after launching it and running the test I seem to load a little faster.
SoBe Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #29
CreeD

I posted on a similar thread about this and for better or worse was ready to leave trying this mod until there was news of some kind of patch. Well in the meantime I ordered the Orange box combo to see what TF2 was like, before trying it I loaded up Episode-1, and promptly had it crash too. The Steam forums advised a complete uninstall of AVG Free (I had it installed with all services bar Email scanning set to manual), that fixed up Episode1 and had the added affect of doing the same for FF...Not a single problem since I uninstalled AVG.

Old 10-08-2007, 12:40 AM   #30
DrEvil
Fortress Forever Staff

Thanks for the update.

Old 12-31-2010, 03:08 PM   #31
nohbdy

Gametype: Capture the Flag
OS?

OK guys instead of complaining and letting the team figure out why its not working how about we tell them what OS we are running and what bit it is. because i never have this problem on W7 32bit but i do have this problem on the 64bit OS. And they really need to get this solved.
nohbdy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2010, 05:54 PM   #32
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
I'm running W7 64 bit, and have no problems at all. You might want to check your drivers.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #33
Pixel
if(0>1){printf("broked");}
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O
It works on any (windows, xp or later) OS

Last edited by Pixel; 12-31-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote