Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 01:31 AM   #1
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

Class/Position: O/D D/O - For life or death
Gametype: 2fort Spectating Llama GD Ex. TALOS Sniper
Affiliations: FF God, The Yellow Brotherhood
Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
I have been crying lately and have been very sad........

I am usally a pretty wound up kind of fellow but a few months ago I met someone who was just a friend of a friend of a family member of this little boy in Central Illinois. I have been following his mothers weekly posts and it has been breaking my heart to read and follow their story. He is only two years old with a million dollar smile who is waiting on a miracle from god to stay alive. It seems that the Dr's are done trying what they can and the just want him to spend what time he has playing outside and enjoying life. This story has really touched my heart and it has definately had a profound effect on my life. This little guy with so much energy and I am afraid that he is not going to make it. I have a son as well and to go through what this family has been through is breaking apart my soul and tearing me mentally apart and I cant imgaine what they are going through. He has a cancerous tumor in his brain that is not getting any better. I am red-eyed and teared up from writing about this right now and I am just so sad. You can see for yourself or to read the entire story or to follow along as well. For some reason I had to show and to tell everyone I know about this boy that just maybe I can reach enough people to pray for him that maybe a miracle would come true. Sometimes something comes by you in life in it calls out for you wether you ask for it or not.

Here is this little soldier who is fighting for his right to live.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/camdenmarshky

Old 03-29-2008, 02:03 AM   #2
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
I am very sorry to hear of this little boys struggles. With being involved for 13 years in my church's Sunday School program I have known a couple of children who have succumbed to cancer. It's heartbreaking. I wish I had something other than sympathy to offer but I fear that's all I can offer.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:53 AM   #3
Suite307

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I don't want to be an asshole but i find the hypocrisy in this post outstanding.
There's other kids with the same problem and this isn't a special case.

My prayers still go to the kid and mother and all the other kids.

Old 03-29-2008, 10:57 AM   #4
there's nothing here
lol

Location: Halfway sprawled out of a cardboard box at the bottom of a flight of stairs.
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
it's not hypocrisy, just fairness.

Old 03-29-2008, 03:21 PM   #5
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
This isn't hypocrisy at all...this just hit close to home for DH.

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:07 PM   #6
v3rtigo
Lock 'n Loll!

Class/Position: Scout, Spy, Sniper
Gametype: CTF
And it's any less important when it is far away?

Old 03-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #7
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

Are you people saying you shouldn't feel sad when your mom dies because moms die around the world every day? Get real.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #8
there's nothing here
lol

Location: Halfway sprawled out of a cardboard box at the bottom of a flight of stairs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uBeR
Are you people saying you shouldn't feel sad when your mom dies because moms die around the world every day? Get real.
That's 'cause we're all selfish, it's just the nature of things to feel more sad about those that are close to you than those that are not.

As Vert said.. it isn't any less important, no, not at all.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:26 PM   #9
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

You didn't answer the question.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.

Old 03-29-2008, 08:22 PM   #10
there's nothing here
lol

No, guess I didn't. But I sorta figured that it didn't need answering.

Old 03-30-2008, 03:09 AM   #11
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

Yes and yes again..............

This does happen all over the world to children every single day and yes it is sad it has to happen to any of them. Is Camden more important to some then those other children........? I am guessing his family would say yes. It was something different when I looked into this young childs eyes that really affected me. Do I have any idea why that is or why it happened to me. No I do not. Do I know why this has affected me so much when I think about it daily and it saddens me. No. I have children but so do others but something was different in this situation with me like I was supposed to tell everyone I know about it to help him out. Can I really help him out. No. I cannot do anything but ask that others pray for him as well and maybe just maybe the big guy will decide to throw out a miracle.

You can stomp on this thread all you want because it was never about me in this thread. It is about a little boy who doesnt have much time left and whether you choose to pray or not is your choice. This thread is not about you FEELING FOR ME OR HAVING PITY FOR ME!!!!! It has nothing to do with you analyzing my intentions or your thoughts about me. This is ALL ABOUT A YOUNG BOY NAMED CAMDEN. To throw out insults my way and to debate my intentions really shows how much some of you unusefull f$%s really are.

Tell you what Frenchy........if I had a choice to give cancer to you in which in turn would take away from another child then I would decide "Do it". Would I wish it upon myself to save a child and for me to go through it then I would say "Do It". I am glad that your almost 17 year old Canadian ass had nothing to say but to try to bash me. Well you worthless piece of shit here ya go. You tried like you have for years now and I am still standing. Next time you want some of dh you better pick a better thread to start something in since I really do want to have to head up to the great white north to settle our long standing issues at hand. You want to be a man so bad I will show you what it means to hurt like one. Complimentary of dh.

To the people wanted something real other then "Is Halo Wars going to be Uber Kewl" or "I want the new Nvidia graphics card" then here ya go. There is nothing more real in life then something like this. I do not personally know this child but he has captured my heart and prayers. If you dont feel then same then it is your right as a human being........just remember however to stay the f$#$ outa the thread.

dh

Old 03-30-2008, 03:27 AM   #12
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
It's funny, the whole time you were trying to make people laugh, I always hated you, but right now I find you hilarious and pathetic at the same time.

I'm done with you.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:00 PM   #13
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

That is what I am praying for and so are the 45,000+ people who have visited this young childs website on caringbridge. Camden now needs something that modern medicine cannot offer him and he needs it now. I have no physical contact with them or their family except through posting my feelings. I have never felt this way or become emotionally attached someone that I do not personally know. It is almost like he is part of my family and I am losing him. It sounds kind of weird but it is the way I feel.

This post has to be one of the hardest posts I have ever read this far. I cannot explain the heart ache through words that are coming through this mothers words.

dh

Last edited by GeoKill----->; 09-04-2008 at 01:19 PM. Reason: double post

Old 07-29-2008, 08:23 PM   #14
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Annoying people since 1986

Class/Position: O fatty, pyro - D engy, pyro
Affiliations: This space for rent.
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
...I don't know what to say, I cried, I really did. No parent deserves this, no child does.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:05 PM   #15
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
tl;dr.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 08-04-2008, 12:57 PM   #16
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

Again another one I am having trouble holding back at work......

This story is getting harder and harder to read as the new updates are posted and it seems that it is tearing me up on the inside as well. I have children and to go through this would be the absoulte worst nightmare ever. Life is hard enough sometimes to get by and with this affecting everyone in the familys circle you cannot ever have enough support.

This has been posted by two great friends of mine and I think it's wonderful-I truly hope you enjoy it.

The Brave Little Soul-by John Alessi

Not too long ago in Heaven there was a little soul who took wonder in observing the world. He especially enjoyed the love he saw there and often expressed this joy with God. One day however the little soul was sad for on this day he saw suffering in the world. He approached God and sadly asked, "why do bad things happen , why is there suffering in the world?"

God paused for a moment and replied, "Little soul, do not be sad, for the suffering you see unlocks the love in people's hearts." The little soul was confused. "What do you mean, he asked. God replied, "have you not noticed the goodness and love that is the offspring of that suffering?" Look at how people come together, drop their differences and show their love and compassion for those who suffer. All their other motivations disappear and they become motivated by love alone."

The little soul began to understand and listened attentively as God continued, "the suffering soul unlocks the love in people's hearts much like the sun and the rain unlock the flower withing the seed. I created everyone with endless love in their heart, but unfortunately most people keep it locked up and hardly share it with anyone. They are afraid to let their love shine freely, because they are afraid of being hurt. But a suffering soul unlocks that love. I tell you this-it is the greatest miracle of all. Many souls have bravely chosen to go into the world and suffer-to unlock this love-to create this miracle-for the good of all humanity.

Just then the little soul got a wonderful idea and could hardly contain himself. With his wings fluttering, bouncing up & down, the little soul excitedly replied, "I am brave, let me go! I would like to go into the world & suffer so that I can unlock the goodness and love in people's hearts! I want to create that miracle.

God smiled and said, "you are a brave soul I know, and thus I will grant your request, But even though you are very brave you will not be able to do this alone. I have known since the beginning of time that you would ask for this and so I have carefully selected many souls to care for you on your journey. Those souls will help you create your miracle; however they will also share in your suffering. Two of these souls are most special and will care for you, help you and suffer along with you, far beyond others. They have already chosen a name for you .

God and the brave little soul shared a smile and then embraced. In parting God said, " do not forget little soul that I will be with you always. Although you have agreed to bear the pain, you will do so through my strength. And if the time should come when you feel that you have suffered enough just say the word, think the thought and you will be healed.

Thus at that moment the brave little soul was born into the world, and through his suffering and God's strength he unlocked the goodness and love in people's hearts. For so many people dropped their differences & came together to show their love. Priorities became properly aligned, People gave from their hearts. Those that were always too busy found time. Many began new spiritual journeys-some regained lost faith-many came back to God. Parents hugged their children tighter. Friends and family grew closer. Old friends got together and new friendships were made. Distant family reunited and every family spent more time together. Everyone prayed. Peace and love reigned. Lives changed forever. It was good. The world was a better place. The miracle had happened. God was pleased.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:32 PM   #17
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Annoying people since 1986

Class/Position: O fatty, pyro - D engy, pyro
Affiliations: This space for rent.
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ

[speechless]

Old 08-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #18
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

I am starting to find myself..........

trying to explain the unexplainable and that why may things happen. I cannot express how my heart hurts right now for this family.

Closed Thread