Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
FF will probably release with 24 players max. If 32 can not be coded efficiently before the game comes out, then it would probably be done in a later patch when it can.

I can not think of many situations where having any more than 32 players would be a good idea in FF... unless there were special maps made, and even then it would be kinda iffy.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2007, 08:19 PM   #23
Norris
The Good German

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I don't see a need to have more than 24 players on a server. dustbowl 12v12 will rape my PC :P
Norris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2007, 08:35 PM   #24
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
There are maps where it would be fun. 32 player murderball would be pretty entertaining since the map is so damn large (that's 8 on a team, btw).

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2007, 09:26 PM   #25
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Lots of TFC maps are a blast with 32 people. 2fort is actually insane with 26. Although, I would like to see a 32 player 4fort server. Now THAT would be bitchin!!
Also, don't drop shit on the new guy...he came here and presented a case of TF2 vs FF(I actually noticed that on the first read through...where's my cookie?).... Sure, there are other threads about it....but people catch shit for reviving a dead thread. FFS people, let someone bring it up, and see what they have to add to it. You either catch shit for not being here the first time the topic is discussed, you catch shit for reviving a dead thread, or catch shit for starting a new version of a dead thread. MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MINDS!!!

Half of you remind me of a bunch of 80-something busybodies who have nothing better to do than bitch about stupid shit.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-20-2007, 11:33 PM   #26
Sacrifist
HL2CTF DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
Lots of TFC maps are a blast with 32 people. 2fort is actually insane with 26. Although, I would like to see a 32 player 4fort server. Now THAT would be bitchin!!
Also, don't drop shit on the new guy...he came here and presented a case of TF2 vs FF(I actually noticed that on the first read through...where's my cookie?).... Sure, there are other threads about it....but people catch shit for reviving a dead thread. FFS people, let someone bring it up, and see what they have to add to it. You either catch shit for not being here the first time the topic is discussed, you catch shit for reviving a dead thread, or catch shit for starting a new version of a dead thread. MAKE UP YOUR FUCKING MINDS!!!

Half of you remind me of a bunch of 80-something busybodies who have nothing better to do than bitch about stupid shit.
I hope your not talking about 4tron, that map has major fps issues with just 1 person on the map.
Sacrifist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2007, 12:03 AM   #27
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacrifist
I hope your not talking about 4tron, that map has major fps issues with just 1 person on the map.
Yes. By 4fort he meant 4tron. Obviously.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2007, 12:08 AM   #28
punkrockrocks
When patch will out?

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suite307
Note to you. This is not the TF2 Forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
#3 wrong forums, might wanny try the steam tf2 ones.
General Discussion (4 Viewing)
Discuss anything about Fortress Forever or Fortress mods in general.
punkrockrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2007, 01:19 AM   #29
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Quote:
You know, I have played many maps in my day....and I have never heard of one called "4tron"....

Although, I did forget that the 4fort map I have, is 4fortsniper. It does make for an interesting idea, though... I actually have 2 versions of it....where the bases are:
_2
1 3
_4

and

1 2
3 4
(literally sitting on top of one another).

Some neat ideas for a new FF map......

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 08-21-2007, 01:54 AM   #30
Thor-Stryker
Spybox

Class/Position: Sniper, Defensive
Gametype: Capture Point
Affiliations: Unguilded
Send a message via AIM to Thor-Stryker Send a message via Yahoo to Thor-Stryker
I never understood the purpose of anything over a 20 player server (With large maps.) Anything else becomes a shitty spam fest where people spam the spawns and thats it. I hope to god 64 player server NEVER come into existance, its hard enough finding one that isn't a shitty 32 player server.

I like to have fun, thats why I played tfc originally because it had a balance of encounters and gameplay. (You encounter an average set amount of players on your way to the flag and attempt to react accordingly.) making for a great test of skill.
But large servers cater towards going demoman and tossing mirvs out the spawn point because you encounter an enemy every half second.

I see a three sided tug now of Elite Players, Casual Players, and Players that just love the stupid shit.
Thor-Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2007, 05:33 AM   #31
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
And here I thought that everybody liked servers with as many people as possible. No, really I think that there are certain threshholds in every game where you can have too many players. In my experiences the best number of players per game are:

CS+CS:S = No Greater Than (NGT) 24 / 26-32 is tolerable for a limited time

BF2/DC = around 50 is best, but 42-54 seems great....64 = too much

TFC = I don't know...64 didn't seem even like too much...oh yeah, it was constant carnage...but the flag moved and it was a friggin' blast. Oh, and low grav helps the greater numbers because of more use of 3 dimensional space...if you want by someone, you just jump over them. I would assume the # of player mechanics would transfer from TFC to FF mostly.

Q4+3/Unreal = I hate to lump these 2 together, but I haven't done much straight deathmatch (which is how these 2 are usually played, and the weapons are similar) since TFC and CS came out so I really don't know.

I'm also not sure which classification I fall into according to Thor-Stryker's gamer scale. "I see a three sided tug now of Elite Players, Casual Players, and Players that just love the stupid shit," is what he said about the differing views here. All I can say is that I'm kinda casual about some games, but some I gotta be elite in.......as far loving to see stupid shit goes, I'm always up for that. I think the argument is more like "what platform is the best for whatever videogame activty?"

My personal choices are a PC for elite games, and a Wii or DS for casual games. To me the X360 does neither as well, plus the subscription fee blows.
Plus if you play any PC games on Microsoft's Live network, vs X360s or other PCs, if you want to use voice chat you have to have a Gold Live account. That's right, $50.00 a year to use voice chat in a game that you payed $50 for, and some games are Vista only. Hyping FF and baggin' on TF2 for X360 just seems right to me.
Peon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2007, 08:31 PM   #32
Thor-Stryker
Spybox

Class/Position: Sniper, Defensive
Gametype: Capture Point
Affiliations: Unguilded
Send a message via AIM to Thor-Stryker Send a message via Yahoo to Thor-Stryker
I feel kind of bad for labeling it as "the stupid shit", I take back my words and will label it as, "Unconventional Gameplay."

But to me, its just stupid shit.
Thor-Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2007, 09:17 PM   #33
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios

Class/Position: Soldier
Affiliations: Blue Team
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
#1 tfc over 16 players is gay, 8v8 for life!
#3 wrong forums, might wanny try the steam tf2 ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peon
It is incredible consolation, however, for me to know that even if FF were to ever be released for the 360, it would be extremely inferior in every way. Imagine playing FF on a 360 gamepad...oh you could play it...and get smoke checked. And yet another point for the TF2 being Xboxed rears it's head, in that they wanted a slower paced game so it could be played with 2 small thumb sticks.
i guess you havent taken a shot at shadowrun. its basically impossible to tell which platform someone is playing on besides looking at their gamertag
-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2007, 09:21 PM   #34
Sacrifist
HL2CTF DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
You know, I have played many maps in my day....and I have never heard of one called "4tron"....
ff_4tron (4-way CTF) /// author: Nezumi /// status: complete - download it! (HL2DM)
Sacrifist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2007, 09:23 PM   #35
nodnarb

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
ff_4tron (4-way CTF) /// author: Nezumi /// status: complete - download it! (HL2DM)
I'm proud of my thread. lol.
nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #36
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Yeah 4tron is fucked.
Circuitous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2007, 10:22 PM   #37
Peon
Altitude Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Agressive Medic or Pyro...as long as I can fly baby!
I read about Shadowrun on IGN, and they said that FASA/Microsoft nerfed the gun accuracy. Of course all the talk leading up to the release was about how do they think that they're going to be able to do the 360 vs PC thing, without all the 360 players getting destroyed. Then they suprise release the game without even notifying their distributors, and all of the correspondents scramble to get a review done.

IGN wasn't wild about the game as a whole, but for PC owners they couldn't recommend it unless you absolutely HAD to have it. The reviewer laid it down: $50 for the game, $50 if you want to use voice comm., and then $200 for Vista if you don't have it. WTFever...
Peon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2007, 10:43 PM   #38
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Quote:
I have that one...I was refering to the TFC version. Silly!

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 08-22-2007, 02:08 AM   #39
NoComply

There are 64 player cs servers, and they are fun. Maps have to be bigger but when you play something like xcom it's not really an issue. I can't remember playing 64 player tfc server but the 32 ones were a blast. Some people don't play with clans and play mostly in pubs for fun. Having a blast with lots of people to kill is cool by me!
NoComply is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2007, 05:55 PM   #40
pizzahut

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoComply
There are 64 player cs servers
CS:S maybe, but if you mean CS (HL1 engine) then I doubt it. There are a couple of servers where it displays maxplayers up to 255, however non of these have more than 32 players.
pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote