Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > Server/Player Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 05:41 PM   #1
elwood
el duke.

Class/Position: spy evryfring & med.
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Extracted Post: elwood's ban in [o-t]

Note: This post was moved by a forum administrator to handle the topic separately from the [o-t] is killing clan-style FF thread.
-------------------------
This past spring i was living in Little Rock, Arkansas for a 10 week internship. While i was there i was playing a decent amount of FF and i remember playing on that server with no problems. However, when i came back home and i tried playing on their server about a week ago or so, yet i was unable to join the server due to being "perm banned on 5/10/2008" which i don't recollect at all. Even in those 56 pages of permanent bans, i still couldn't find my name/steamid anywhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelOfTime
Even more evidence that this is hurting FF can be seen with their tool here:

http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/ot_llamawrangler.php
7/28/08 (#1 - FF) elwood<#kids> 5/05/08 9:59 pm Permanent STEAM_0:0:465673 (ScuzTools) Additional Steam-ID of previously banned account

Using that "llama wrangler" tool, i don't understand my ban. I only have one account so i think there is a misunderstanding. Could an o-t admin please take a look at this, please. I really think there is a mistake on my steamid.

Last edited by Scuzzy; 08-05-2008 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Separated post from another thread, multiple topics.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
I can help you sort this out.

Your main account is located here:

http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/scuz...EAM_0:0:465673

The original account that was banned was the following:

http://forums.oldtimersclan.com/scuz...M_0:0:16214630

This account was banned for using exploits in our TF2 server. These accounts were linked together by the same IP. Both accounts are administrators of the steam group #kids. They could both be you, or one of them could be your friend, your brother, your son/daughter, who knows. Either way, the system linked them as additional accounts.

Under the server rules in our FAQ we have the following:

Section II - Additional Steam-IDs
We recognize that some people may play from the same location as other people. Adults may allow their children to play; brothers/sisters may both have TFC/FF/TF2, etc. This can cause problems if one person is a problem on the server. Know that when an account is banned all subsequent accounts associated with that account will also be banned. Be careful where you play and who you play with. If you are a parent, make sure your child knows the rules on our server before playing. You are responsible for the actions of your children on the server. You are responsible for the actions of those playing from your IP, friend, family, or foe. Again, ANY Steam-IDs associated with a banned account will also be banned. It does not matter if you are two different people. We will not go into investigations for these types of bans.
That's how your STEAM_0:0:465673 ended up getting banned.

Scuzzy

Old 08-05-2008, 11:04 PM   #3
elwood
el duke.

yeah |D|Sutterkane<#kids> is a friend of mine and a totally different person.

when i was traveling down south for my internship, i stopped at his house since it was on the way and basically cut trip in half. basically so i didn't have to drive all one way and actually have a nice bed to sleep in. i played at his house and checked emails on my laptop for a night while he let me stay. so that's why my steamid (0:0:465673) show's up on the banned ip address for TF2.

Quote:
You are responsible for the actions of those playing from your IP, friend, family, or foe. Again, ANY Steam-IDs associated with a banned account will also be banned. It does not matter if you are two different people. We will not go into investigations for these types of bans.
i suppose even though i did nothing other than stay at his place for a night the my ban will not be removed? bad luck on my part

Old 08-05-2008, 11:11 PM   #4
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood
yeah |D|Sutterkane<#kids> is a friend of mine and a totally different person.

when i was traveling down south for my internship, i stopped at his house since it was on the way and basically cut trip in half. basically so i didn't have to drive all one way and actually have a nice bed to sleep in. i played at his house and checked emails on my laptop for a night while he let me stay. so that's why my steamid (0:0:465673) show's up on the banned ip address for TF2.

i suppose even though i did nothing other than stay at his place for a night the my ban will not be removed? bad luck on my part
It only shows one connection on that IP, we'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Your ban has been lifted.

Scuzzy

Old 08-05-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
elwood
el duke.

i appreciate it scuzzy, thank you. meanwhile your server/forum tools are pretty killer i must say haha.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:16 PM   #6
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Cool shit.

You guys see how elwood handled this. He wasn't a douche about the whole thing. There was a mistake and since he handled it responsibly he got his ban lifted.

Old 08-05-2008, 11:49 PM   #7
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood
i appreciate it scuzzy, thank you. meanwhile your server/forum tools are pretty killer i must say haha.
We've been trying to get him off his ass and finally release a version other server owners can use.

Current status: "He's working on it."

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.

Old 08-06-2008, 01:48 AM   #8
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
We've been trying to get him off his ass and finally release a version other server owners can use.

Current status: "He's working on it."
Actually the public release is pretty much on hold. A remote mySQL box just doesn't have the response time needed, and 99% percent of people don't have a dedicated machine like we do.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:13 AM   #9
elwood
el duke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [AE] 82694
Cool shit.

You guys see how elwood handled this. He wasn't a douche about the whole thing. There was a mistake and since he handled it responsibly he got his ban lifted.

just got done playing in o-t #1 and it was a lot of fun

Old 08-10-2008, 08:11 PM   #10
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Elwood you're all set. Thread closed.

Closed Thread