Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Weight loss

It's amazing how the body works and reacts to the simplest of changes to one's diet.

I'm trying to eat healthier, and I've eaten out only about 4 times in 3 months, and I just weighed myself and I've lost 30.5 lbs so far. And that is with very little exercise.

This January, I was massive. I was depressed with how big I had become, and I decided to do something about it. I made a resolution to stop drinking soda pop.

Now a lot of people might wonder why that would be a problem, or how eating out only 4 times in a month might be an issue, so let me explain that I used to eat out every day of the week, for lunch, dinner, and sometimes breakfast. From Mcdonalds double quarter pounder meals to chinese buffets where I would separate the beef from the beef brocoli, I had a problem. I used to drink at least 40 oz of pop each day, and it didn't help that I had found out my dad had been diagnosed with diabetes earlier that year.

So, I stopped drinking pop altogether, and I have not drank a single drop of the stuff since. That's 8 months!!! I've tried a few diet pops, but they taste like shit, and I figured it'd just increase my cravings for soda. I have no idea what I weighed on January 1st this year. I only started weighing myself weekly since mid June. So, you could probably imagine I lost some pounds in that first 6 months.

This is just the start for me. I have started to get a routine walking each night for about 2 miles. And while it may be tough, it feels invigorating, and I want to do more. I used to procrastinate by saying I need to get a treadmill and walk on that because it's easy and convenient. Well, if I can't even try to save for a $200 device that'd help me walk more, then if I ever did get one, would I actually have uses it? Probably not.

So, my goal by the end of this year is to continue losing at least a few pounds a week, and I'd like to get another 30lbs in lost in that time.

I don't really know why I post this hear, but I'm pretty damn proud of myself for being able to accomplish something this big. I used to be ashamed to share my weight with people, because it's not something to be proud of, believe me. But, I weigh 433.5lbs as of right now, and my starting weight was 464lbs in June. So I was probably pushing 500lbs last January...

Anywho, just thought I'd share a tid bit of my life with everyone, because at the end of the day, I am an attention whore.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 09-06-2009 at 05:46 AM.
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2009, 06:03 AM   #2
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
dam kube, I never would have guess that about you! That's amazing shit, like really that's awesome that you've committed to such a life changing concept and I'm glad to hear that it's working for you.

On a side note, my brother just bought a bowflex and literally I started working out tonight. Then I come on here and read this, like I'm definitely out of shape, and so it's cool to read about what you've done. Gives me inspiration. Kinda funny how shit like that works out huh!
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2009, 06:35 AM   #3
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
I cut out soda/carbonated drinks a few years ago and decided upon vegetarianism. Those carbonated drinks are a fucking addiction, plain and simple. Yesterday, I had some Ginger Ale after refraining from carbonated drinks for two or three years. A cup here and there, what's the damage? I took my initial sip, and the carbon dioxide burnt the inside of my mouth, so I decided to refrain from drinking it. However, within thirty minutes a massive craving for the stuff had built up, and I had no choice but to drink some more to relieve it.

Gone? Fuck no, within twenty to thirty minutes it was back again. I chugged vegetable juice, I chugged milk, and ate some chocolate, but I remained unbelieveably fucking thirsty for the rest of the day, craving more Ginger Ale. Yeah.. That shit is an addiction. No wonder so many Americans are depressed and overweight.

Good luck with whatever you're doing. ;D
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2009, 06:59 AM   #4
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Thanks for both of your replies. Satan, since I have 4 months left till next year, I think I actually want to step up my goal to 50lbs lost. I think that's definitely doable.

And Bridget, you are definitely right. Soda pop is as addictive as cigarettes. It's hard to quit either of em. Right now, I generally drink skim milk and water for the most part. I can usually drink a gallon of milk in 2-3 days. I love milk.

But on the subject of food/drinks, ever since I've been eating in, I've literally saved an extra $300 a month. I calculated one month of eating out, and I think I may have spent a little over $600 just from the fast food I ate. Mind you I did go to a couple nice restaurants during that time, but still, that's outrageous. I now try to spend about $100 every 2 weeks on food, and occasionally I'll find myself going back to walmart if I forgot something, but it helps a lot.

If I don't feel like cooking, I'll pick up some of those healthy choice meals, and some of them are actually really good. I've started noticing my taste for food has changed quite dramatically over the past 10 years. I remember I hadn't tried fresh green beans in years because I hated the crunchiness of them and the taste. They're now my favorite veggie. And don't get me started on asparagus. That shit is the bomb.

But it seems to be doing me well. Since I have all this extra money sitting around, I bought myself a new(used) truck:

http://kubedawg.com/Truck/DSC00865.JPG
http://kubedawg.com/Truck/DSC00872.JPG
http://kubedawg.com/Truck/DSC00873.JPG

4 Door 5.4l v8 Ford F150 Triton. Not too shabby. I get about 18mpg, and it runs great.

So now that I've made the lifestyle change, I was able to get rid of my piece of shit chevy truck that was literally falling apart(completely rusted muffler/exhaust, broken mirror, headliner hanging down, stolen stereo, no A/C, dents everywhere, and god knows what else), and buy a nice pickup which I was able to haggle a good price on, and I'm way happier because of it.

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 09-06-2009 at 07:01 AM.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:10 AM   #5
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

Class/Position: O/D D/O - For life or death
Gametype: 2fort Spectating Llama GD Ex. TALOS Sniper
Affiliations: FF God, The Yellow Brotherhood
Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
The Yellow Brotherhood supports you Kubedawg.......

It is admirable to want to better yourself and to take the neccessary steps to do so. It is definately a worthy cause to stand by.

You are still within the realm of sanity to take these changes a bit further and to join the Yellow Brotherhood. Now I am glad that Dr. Satan is taking the same steps but we dont need anymore fit Gazelles in this world so I am sending you a box of doughnuts.

Enjoy.

dh

Old 09-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #6
Bridget
Banned

Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Green Parrots or GTFO.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2009, 11:21 AM   #7
DarkeN_HellspawN
FORUM ADM!N

Class/Position: O/D D/O - For life or death
Gametype: 2fort Spectating Llama GD Ex. TALOS Sniper
Affiliations: FF God, The Yellow Brotherhood
Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Damn you Bridget.........

Stop following me from thread to thread. You are really close to getting the greatest opportunity of a lifetime and that would be an invitation to join the Yellow Brotherhood.

dh

Old 09-06-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
I used to be ashamed to share my weight with people, because it's not something to be proud of, believe me. But, I weigh 433.5lbs as of right now, and my starting weight was 464lbs in June. So I was probably pushing 500lbs last January...
In my best Eddie Murphy-esque voice...

You need to change that name to RoundDawg, motherfucker!

On the serious side... congrats on the weight loss. It can be a real bitch... I know.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2009, 03:28 PM   #9
EquilibriuM
G9-
D&A Member

Class/Position: D Solly,Engy
Gametype: ALL
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
Green Parrots or GTFO.
Death to the yellow brotherhood of chicken fucker's!
EquilibriuM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #10
BOSTWIX

Affiliations: DBD, Orbital, e0, .end, DP, COBs
Send a message via AIM to BOSTWIX
Just in case it rains and you aren't able to walk you should have Dance Dance Revolution readily available. It is a good source of exercise, one friend of mine lost 60 pounds on DDR alone. Keep it up Kube!

Last edited by BOSTWIX; 09-06-2009 at 05:02 PM.
BOSTWIX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2009, 05:39 PM   #11
Caroline

Yay! That's awesome Kube, keep it up!
Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #12
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSTWIX View Post
Just in case it rains and you aren't able to walk you should have Dance Dance Revolution readily available. It is a good source of exercise, one friend of mine lost 60 pounds on DDR alone. Keep it up Kube!
I play drums on Rock Band 2, and that is a workout in itself.

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 09-06-2009, 06:28 PM   #13
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Hey congratz Kube keep it up

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2009, 09:09 AM   #14
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Hokay. We had some hotties over at our house tonight. This is my motivation. Even though none of em were single, that is my true motivation to get fit. I think I'll go on a drunken walk right now... at 4:08am. brb, goin streaking.

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 09-07-2009, 06:45 PM   #15
BOSTWIX

Affiliations: DBD, Orbital, e0, .end, DP, COBs
Send a message via AIM to BOSTWIX
Hmm... so what exactly were you drinking. I'm curious about your drunken caloric intake.
BOSTWIX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2009, 01:20 AM   #16
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSTWIX View Post
Hmm... so what exactly were you drinking. I'm curious about your drunken caloric intake.
Yeah, that shit can add up. If you like beer, I wouldn't suggest low point beer for getting drunk as it is usually 250 cals or so for regular per bottle, 150 or so for lite and around 100 for specific ones. Now a shot is around 80 or so calories per for your standards, I believe. So mix 2 shots in with a rum and diet coke, much more bang for your buck.

But really, do you count calories when you get shitfaced?

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2009, 02:40 AM   #17
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Not if you throw it all up. I think 4est can attest for that last new years. I made the mistake of drinking an asston of everclear then taking some shots of jager. Not sure if you had left by that time or not lost.

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 09-08-2009, 04:07 AM   #18
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
LOL, too true that.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2009, 04:49 AM   #19
hlstriker
QUAD ROCKET
Server Owner
Fortress Forever Staff

Gametype: Rocket Jumping
Affiliations: -g1 ]qS[ -eC- :e0: [ESAD]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
If you are serious about losing that much weight then lay off the beer too.

Here are some tips that may help you:

- Find out the number of calories you need to maintain your current weight. With this number you can easily tailor meals so you don't pass your current calorie intake (if you pass you will gain weight). Be sure to calculate any calories lost when you exercise. Here is a website that may help (http://www.caloriesperhour.com).

- Do not eat unhealthy! Don't skip meals! Try to eat 6 SMALL meals a day (make sure they do NOT pass your current weights calorie limit). Try to eat each meal the same time everyday. This will speed up your metabolism and thereform will let you lose weight easier.

- Exercise: Be sure to get at least some exercise in each day. You said you are walking each night for 2 miles, that's great.

- Get plenty of sleep: This can also be a big factor if your sleeping habits are terrible (like mine lol). Also, try to go to sleep the same time each night and wak up the same time each morning.

- Eat something SMALL and high in protein right before you go to sleep. So many people say don't eat before you sleep, but that is so wrong. As long as you eat something small you will be fine. The reason for this is you still burn calories even while you sleep and you want to make sure you have enough calories to burn before breakfast. I eat half a granola bar.

- Keep in mind breakfast is extremely important! Never miss it and always make it healthy!

- Buy bottled water!!! A lot of people say buying bottled water is a waste of money because you can just get it from the tap, but with bottled water its convenient to take with you wherever so you can drink it all day. I drink around 8-15 bottles a day (depending if I workout or not). Once you get hooked on water you will ask yourself how you ever drank soda.

- Always have gum on hand. Whenever you are feeling hungry for food you know you shouldn't be eating, just chew some gum (you can also go brush your teeth, but gum is easier and lasts longer).
hlstriker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2009, 05:16 AM   #20
uBeR
Not ****** Yet
D&A Member

You don't need to buy expensive bottled water that is just a huge waste of plastic. Just buy a water bottle. The water is exactly the same, if not even safer to drink.

One would think a simple task would be, well, simple. Maybe not for simpletons.
uBeR is offline   Reply With Quote