Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-04-2015, 07:52 PM   #1
Bogdan6
El Hombre sin nombre

Class/Position: Medic, Offense
Gametype: Capture the flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Euthanasia

Another curiosity of mine, besides teaching religion in schools is whenether or not you people agree with euthanasia and if it should be legalised.

Now again, I'm not familiar with the US background, so I am presenting the environment I'm used to. For now euthanasia is illeagal here and there is no much struggle to legalise it or not, yet there are certain people who don't actually want to hear about it claiming that "it's an assisted suicide" (technically it, is, but an unpopular opinion that I agree with is that suicide is one person's choice and if he really doesn't see any alternative or wishes death to himself that much, I can force him to live, just for me) and that people who are requesting it aren't "conciously thinking".

Personally I don't quite agree with the "is not conciously thinking" part. Again, euthaniasia cannot be the people's best shot, but there are cases when there won't be other ways. An example would be a paralised person, I myself knew a case personally. The guy was paralysed. Couldn't move, couldn't shit by himself, couldn't talk, couldn't eat. At some point he could talk, but the situation got worse and worse and didn't recover and for the past years of his life he also got treatment for other diseases. What I imagine is that the guy was in constant pain, both phyisically and psyhically. Just because he cannot tell that he has physical pain, doesn't mean he cannot have it and just leaving someone here, forcing him to watch the ceiling just because your "morals" don't agree with euthanasia is pretty much inhuman, at least to me. Personally if I'd share the guys fate, I'd opt for euthanasia.

Anyway, what are your opinions? Is euthanasia a solution? Why or why not?
Bogdan6 is offline   Reply With Quote