Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 01-07-2007, 01:12 AM   #221
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
LOL, it was a good burn, plus the fact that he said he didn't really think the message would be relayed.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 01:14 AM   #222
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidkirb
I just noticed something in the video. At about 4:20, when the spy does his feign-cloak thing, he drops a knife. Is that intentional to make the cloaking obvious or is that something that needs to be fixed?
When you die, you drop your current weapon, so he's basically throwing out a corpse to make other players think he's dead and drops whatever weapon he has out.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 01:36 AM   #223
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
LOL, it was a good burn, plus the fact that he said he didn't really think the message would be relayed.
Sigh. I dunno why Phish dislikes me so much. I've always been nice to him.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:37 AM   #224
o_paranoidkirb

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
When you die, you drop your current weapon, so he's basically throwing out a corpse to make other players think he's dead and drops whatever weapon he has out.
Yes. I do know that. But that's not what I was pointing out. The dead engy dropped a knife. A knife.
o_paranoidkirb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 01:45 AM   #225
PHISH
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
Sigh. I dunno why Phish dislikes me so much. I've always been nice to him.
oh I was just making a quick goof comment, it was just me bein a smartass and shouldn't have been taken as an answer of any kind. It had no relation to your specific request nor do I know why he pasted that to you hehe, but thats how irc goes. Nothing was really directed or meant in it just to be clear.
PHISH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 01:49 AM   #226
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
If the "sigh" in italics (and spelled out) didn't properly indicate it, I'm not being serious. Or you're not serious either.

SEE THAT'S THE TROUBLE WITH SARCASM WHEN DOES IT END.

<3

Old 01-07-2007, 03:04 AM   #227
o_salo

it's reassuring to see a variety of different devs back to posting on the forums.
o_salo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 03:06 AM   #228
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoidkirb
I just noticed something in the video. At about 4:20, when the spy does his feign-cloak thing, he drops a knife. Is that intentional to make the cloaking obvious or is that something that needs to be fixed?
Yeah, I've noted that too. I'm not sure if it needs fixing, though. On one hand, a small discrepency like that rewards the very observant. On the other, it's more obvious when a big weapon should be dropped like the AC or RPG, so that might be a bit unfair.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 03:17 AM   #229
o_ihmhi

SG Sabotage Questions

Per the advice of Crayola and nodnarb I am posting this in this thread from another one as it apparantly has a better chance of being answered by the devs.

In the recently released video two SGs are apparantly sabotaged and fire at one another. I have some questions regarding sabotage.

= = = = = =

1. A dispenser is placed within firing range of a SG. The only enemy in the room is a Engineer. A Spy sabotages the SG and then activates the sabotage. Presumably the SG fires on the Engineer until he is dead. Does the SG also fire on the dispenser?

2. Similar situation, but there are two SGs. After the sabotaged SG goes hostile and clears out a room, will it fire on the "opposing" SG?

3. Two SGs, similar situation: will the "clean" SG fire on the sabotaged SG?

4. If FF is off and a SG has the sabotage activated, will the enemies be able to attack their own SG?

5. Will the engineer be able to damage his own gear with FF off?

6. Follow up to question 3: if a sabotaged SG will be attacked by a non-sabotaged SG, will two sabotaged SGs not attack one another (essentially being on the same "team), or are the sabotages mutually exclusive and they will proceed to attack one another?

= = = = = =

I read through the community F.A.Q. and these questions were not addressed. Therefore I am asking them here so that I may make the additions to the F.A.Q.
o_ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 03:48 AM   #230
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

1. In the video you can see one of the SGs attacking a friendly Dispenser after being hijacked.

2. Yeah.

3.4.5. Dunno.

6. Sabotaged SGs attack each other, as demonstrated in the video.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:20 AM   #231
o_ihmhi

Yeah though I noticed the SGs were attacking one another but they did not receive visible damage (you know, sparking and such like a damaged SG) and they did not die when it looked like they received more than enough damage to die. I guess question #7 would be:

7. Was the two SGs not killing one another in the video a glitch or something?>

Old 01-07-2007, 05:22 AM   #232
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

But they exploded?

Edit: Nope, they didn't. Weird.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:43 AM   #233
o_paft

So many petty questions, give it a rest. ; ) Clean your eyes before you watch the video. Is it totally unbearable not knowing the in's and out's of everything? All (minor) queries will be answered upon playing.
o_paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 06:13 AM   #234
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Yeah, the sgs aren't coded to be hostile to each other -- that is, they'll shoot each other, but won't take damage with FF off. That'll most likely change.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 08:55 AM   #235
o_ihmhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paft
So many petty questions, give it a rest. ; ) Clean your eyes before you watch the video. Is it totally unbearable not knowing the in's and out's of everything? All (minor) queries will be answered upon playing.
Paft for someone with 1,300+ posts you should know how the forum works by now.

The Dev Team puts out a media release, and everyone on the forums spends the next four months or so until the next one analyzing every frame and every pixel until we have exhausted all of our petty questions. Then the whining about the lack of new media and dev journals resumes until another media release comes out. d:

Old 01-07-2007, 09:34 AM   #236
o_golfisfun

hm...i hope this comes out in the next couple of months i keep watching that video everyday! I cant wait to be in a FF clan!
o_golfisfun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 03:36 PM   #237
o_guy incognito

The medic doing the immunity thing wont make much of a difference on Pub servers, so thats fine, heh..

Oh happy day, quite enjoy the way you've worked around the feign...

though, a cloaked person isn't all that hard to spot if your looking for it... which might result in alot of ass-handage.

Like, in QTF/TFC if someone fell for the feign, then great, they go past you and you get up and shank them, but this you drop a body, but by rights they should see the blurry guy running down the hall...

Also... I be torn, I really like the idea of messing with the SG's, as you know a large part of being a spy is to be the bain of a Engy's exsistence... but it's sort of... the spy didn't lose an ability yet he gets a new one kind of thing seems a little unfair.

It's just if you look at how badass Mr.Spy is, everyones gonna want to play him, and he used to be a class that more or less 3 people in a 20 player game would play... It's always quite embarasing to brush by another disguised spy

Thats my incorrectly strung together two cents, but on the other hand... released as it is, would still stop me from sleeping untill I was a zombie, like the old QTF did
o_guy incognito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 03:39 PM   #238
o_catzeyes93

Cons: Not crazy about the hud or the crosshair.
Pros: Love love the new pipe gun and the pipes! Good jorb on that! schweet! Love the flame thrower and the flames and the rocket flame.. yeah... love it. Love the map designs. No complaints there. Love the spy capabilities. Love love love the medic cries.
Not sure of: The sg. Somehow it just seems to look rather clunky or ... I dont know. Just not sure I am lvoing that anymore.

Two thumbs up folks. You have outdone yourselves!
o_catzeyes93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #239
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Incognito
The medic doing the immunity thing wont make much of a difference on Pub servers, so thats fine, heh..

Oh happy day, quite enjoy the way you've worked around the feign...

though, a cloaked person isn't all that hard to spot if your looking for it... which might result in alot of ass-handage.

Like, in QTF/TFC if someone fell for the feign, then great, they go past you and you get up and shank them, but this you drop a body, but by rights they should see the blurry guy running down the hall...

Also... I be torn, I really like the idea of messing with the SG's, as you know a large part of being a spy is to be the bain of a Engy's exsistence... but it's sort of... the spy didn't lose an ability yet he gets a new one kind of thing seems a little unfair.

It's just if you look at how badass Mr.Spy is, everyones gonna want to play him, and he used to be a class that more or less 3 people in a 20 player game would play... It's always quite embarasing to brush by another disguised spy

Thats my incorrectly strung together two cents, but on the other hand... released as it is, would still stop me from sleeping untill I was a zombie, like the old QTF did
hasnt got to be tit for tat though.

Old 01-07-2007, 04:50 PM   #240
o_deadly furby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abjure
Sorry for the size.
Were you speaking to us or your girlfriend?
o_deadly furby is offline   Reply With Quote