Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 11-14-2006, 12:12 AM   #101
schtoofa
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyc
FF is being developed, YES I AGREE, but I have to disagree with the RATE or produciton it is being developed.
What?

Oh, and thanks to those who appreciate what we're doing. Hope you end up enjoying FF

Old 11-14-2006, 12:41 AM   #102
o_psycnet

Sadly, I could copy/paste every post I've ever made in BAUT here and the point still wouldn't get across
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 01:02 AM   #103
o_dancingfool

And that is why you need to stay out of the BAUT dammit. Does that point ever get across to you?
o_dancingfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 03:55 AM   #104
o_psycnet

Well duh, which is why I haven't posted in it for about a week and a half now

Either way though, it does seem to be slowing down and dying, which is a good thing imo

Old 11-14-2006, 04:22 AM   #105
o_tyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by schtoofa
What?

Oh, and thanks to those who appreciate what we're doing. Hope you end up enjoying FF
This statement, if directed solely at that comment by JohnnyC, is justified. However, I think the posters above me misinterpreted it a little.

Posting in the BAUT doesn't mean we don't appreciate the work the team is putting in to FF. It means we are impatient towards something that will more than likely take up a large part of our lives. Its actually an ultimate form of appreciation.

Also, the ONLY reason the BAUT has slowed down is because of the recent information we squeezed out of Mulchman, Dospac and Defrag. Who said complaining isn't effective? It was all thanks to a cleverly disguised BAUT called "I'm concerned..." by Sh4x.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulchman MM
Alright, we're hoping for a pre 2007 release.
We've got a a few major things we need fixed but really we want this done before 2007.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dospac
Internally we've been shooting to release before 2007. Obviously given the circumstances of mod making, everything that needs to be done is dependent on the people capable of doing the stuff being available. That has been an ongoing problem for us, and is an intrinsic part of any project of this nature.

This is of course why we aren't going to give you guys a release date right now. It simply is meaningless to provide one. We have a fairly good idea of how much work is left and how many man hours it will take to complete. The problem comes in predicting(we can't) how long it will take for our guys to fill that required amount of time in each area of the mod.

We should be able to give you guys a solid release date as soon as the unknowns are gone and we are only relying on the regular, reliable contributions of fewer and fewer folks on the team before hitting the goal.

Also, there will not be a public beta release. The beta is in progress now, our first public release will be v1.0.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defrag
If it's not out before 2007 then I'm going to kill most of the people on the mod, then myself

Last edited by o_tyrus; 11-14-2006 at 04:32 AM.
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 04:43 AM   #106
o_psycnet

So I guess what your saying is, people who check here all the time and should know better have turned down the bitching because they were told something they should have believed in in the first place?

I still find it bizarre that something as simple as 'before 2007' could placate so many people who were never satisfied with anything remotely similar.

Either way, I stopped posting becasue I realized I just added to the thread's longevity, rather than a lack of anything to say.

So now that you know what I guess is the 'Ultimate' tidbit of info, could we have the thing locked and stickied for posterity or something?

Old 11-14-2006, 05:06 AM   #107
o_tyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT
So I guess what your saying is, people who check here all the time and should know better have turned down the bitching because they were told something they should have believed in in the first place?
Why should we have believed it would be out before 2007 without anyone telling us so? What are your reasons for thinking this? After 2 months of no updates, we are much closer to believe that it won't be out till the middle of next year. That is a far more logical assumption than pulling 2007 out of our anus's.

Quote:
is the 'Ultimate' tidbit of info
And yes, having 3 devteam members tell us that they are shooting for a pre-2007 release date IS the "Ultimate tidbit of info". In fact, those 3 posts should be posted on the main page as either a dev journal or a whole update. They are THAT important.

Last edited by o_tyrus; 11-14-2006 at 05:26 AM.
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 05:27 AM   #108
o_psycnet

I guess the notion of faith is lost on people too intelligent for it

Old 11-14-2006, 06:36 AM   #109
o_tu!

i point out the obvious and get called an idiot...wtf?
o_tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 06:52 AM   #110
o_psycnet

You didn't really give much reasoning for how you see TF2 as much different than FF.

Art/Visual styles don't count, because we all know making a game prettier doesn't make it more fun.

And FYI there is a large list of differences available in a thread if you took a look, as well, it has been mentioned that FF has alot of QWTF elements, as well as TFC and newer ones too.

Old 11-14-2006, 12:05 PM   #111
o_gunslinger

Quote:
I still find it bizarre that something as simple as 'before 2007' could placate so many people who were never satisfied with anything remotely similar.
Erm, mainly because 2007 is about 6 weeks away. Meaning FF will hopefully be out in 6 weeks time. Meaning it's not so much some vague for off date in the future ("sometime next year") but something which is within sight. Maybe that's why so many people were placated?
o_gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 03:26 PM   #112
o_etzell

PsYcNeT, I'm shocked that someone who claims to be as wise as you do doesn't understand that the BAUT is a joke. The BAUT was created as a place where all of the whining could take place in ONE thread. Before that, there was an "OMGZ WHERE R UPDAETZ" thread every two minutes. But, of course, you forget such things in order to discuss how awful it is.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 03:40 PM   #113
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
He's a self admitted troll. Ignore him.
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 04:15 PM   #114
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
P.S., the Trepids have said 2006 for months.

Old 11-14-2006, 04:46 PM   #115
o_psycnet

Yeah ignore me I never post anything of value or insight. I'm just here to piss people off and keep the forum humming

Old 11-14-2006, 04:57 PM   #116
o_nuk3m

vaginas!
o_nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 08:48 PM   #117
o_mrfunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundchaser
I never expected TF2 to come out until 2008, knowing Valves track record with the HL2 release. The TF2 dev team gets paid too and they're still postponing it further and further. Must be tough to code the new source engine? i dunno.
imho the delay is due to the multi platform release, namely the ps3 port, which i seem to remember hearing gabe in an interview mention it was difficult to make games for the ps3. Also when the intial hype of EP2 they hadn't even started the ps3 port, opting to work outhouse with EA or summit like that.

Also wasn't episonic content meant to benefit the end user by bringing games/expansions faster and cheaper on the evolving source engine. We're just getting delays and price hikes. It just seems to just be a way to generate more pies for gabe :/
o_mrfunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 08:55 PM   #118
o_ghost

You are getting games faster. It took them what, 5 years between HL1 and HL2? Even with the delays you are still getting chunks (chapters, episodes) faster than you would've if they waited to release all 3 episodes all at once.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 08:59 PM   #119
o_mrfunky

Yeah but I'm sure if EP2 wasn't released on 360 n ps3, PC users would have it by xmas or 2007 q1
o_mrfunky is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-14-2006, 09:02 PM   #120
o_ghost

Oh yea, I'm not denying that. That seems like a plausible explaination. I don't think the 360 version would cause too many problems since Valve said that it's relatively easy to port games to it requiring only a recompile and some other considerations pertaiing to memory usage.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote